• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump's Payroll-Tax Deferral Creates Predicament for Congress

There will be more pressure on them to actually try to fix those programs.

The most likely “fix” will be to ‘supplement’ the FICA payroll tax revenue with more borrowing (printing?) of funds. Borrow (print?) and spend allows congress critters to enjoy a re-election rate of over 90% - so long as that remains the case (political reality) then we should not expect a different federal “budget” plan.

destroying our social programs shouldn't be the choice of one ignorant person via EO.
Well the solution is to just abolish social security since it’s a failed system and you’d make more money in a private system. Probably over a million more.

Well the solution is to just abolish social security since it’s a failed system and you’d make more money in a private system. Probably over a million more.

Republicans remind me on a daily basis why I will vote against them for at least a generation. Thanks for my daily reminder.

It forces congress critters to spend more than they dare to ask for (demand?) in federal revenue.
Congresscritters are good at spending more than they dare ask for in tax revenue. Government spending is popular, but taxes are not.

That's why we have a national debt that rivals the national GDP.

Congresscritters are good at spending more than they dare ask for in tax revenue. Government spending is popular, but taxes are not.

That's why we have a national debt that rivals the national GDP.

Yep, and why the demorats wish to covert outstanding student loan debt into (additional) public debt. After all, it’s not fair that those individuals who borrowed money should have to personally repay it - unless (being fools?) they had already done so. ;)

Yep, and why the demorats wish to covert outstanding student loan debt into (additional) public debt. After all, it’s not fair that those individuals who borrowed money should have to personally repay it - unless (being fools?) they had already done so. ;)

Tuition rates have increased far faster than earning rates.

Perhaps we should devote more tax dollars to education than to giving wealthy individuals tax breaks that they don't need.

Perhaps we should devote more tax dollars to education than to giving wealthy individuals tax breaks that they don't need.
Exactly right.
I graduated college back in '64, debt free due mostly to being able to work and go to school, and earn enough to pay tuition, books, and so on. That's because wages compared to tuition and other college expenses were a lot more back then.

I went to grad school at a state college back in '71 to '73. At that time, there was no tuition per se. Student "fees" were $50 per year.

Compare that to what education costs now, and how much a college kid can earn working summers.

destroying our social programs shouldn't be the choice of one ignorant person via EO.
President-elect Joe Biden campaigned on raising taxes on the wealthy and corporations. But the fate of Biden’s plan rests largely on whether or not Democrats take control of the Senate. WSJ’s Richard Rubin explains. Photo: Olivier Douliery/AFP/Bloomberg

Democrats since 1933 simply refuse to stop hating the rich.

Exactly right.
I graduated college back in '64, debt free due mostly to being able to work and go to school, and earn enough to pay tuition, books, and so on. That's because wages compared to tuition and other college expenses were a lot more back then.

I went to grad school at a state college back in '71 to '73. At that time, there was no tuition per se. Student "fees" were $50 per year.

Compare that to what education costs now, and how much a college kid can earn working summers.
My grandson graduated and works for Facebook and in his first year on the job, paid for his Tesla and has a second car he says. Facebook handed him a huge sum of cash his senior year and he naturally went to work for them.

My grandson graduated and works for Facebook and in his first year on the job, paid for his Tesla and has a second car he says. Facebook handed him a huge sum of cash his senior year and he naturally went to work for them.
Wow! how fortunate for him.
He must have some talent that Facebook values.

Right. Blame Trump for Congress not doing their job.

That makes perfect sense...to a Trump hater.

It makes perfect sense to an intelligent grown adult. Trump maliciously made the mess. Blaming only Congress is stupid.

What continues to not make sense is your pathetic unexplained allegiance to a single individual. Your game isn't even about partisan politics anymore. Here, you show that all of Congress, Democrats and Republicans, are to be blamed for not correcting what Trump did. You simply defend and protect Trump.

People have clear enough reasons to hate a man who is one of America's very worst Presidents. To this day, you have no reason for your apparent homoerotic love affair for the man.

It makes perfect sense to an intelligent grown adult. Trump maliciously made the mess. Blaming only Congress is stupid.

What continues to not make sense is your pathetic unexplained allegiance to a single individual. Your game isn't even about partisan politics anymore. Here, you show that all of Congress, Democrats and Republicans, are to be blamed for not correcting what Trump did. You simply defend and protect Trump.

People have clear enough reasons to hate a man who is one of America's very worst Presidents. To this day, you have no reason for your apparent homoerotic love affair for the man.
I reserve the hate of a president for being worst or even worse based not on his political party affiliation but his actual measured acts to harm this nation. Take Lyndon Johnson for example. He made the decision that cost over 58,000 Americans their lives in a war that turned out not to be necessary.

Abraham Lincoln cost this nation over 630,000 lives because the firing at Ft Sumter pissed him off.

My guess is people will have to pay back the tax that was deferred for a few months and the payroll tax withholding will start up again.

It is another action by President Trump that was ill planned. Much like his all talk no action health care plan. The public has to bear the brunt of his actions.

My guess is people will have to pay back the tax that was deferred for a few months and the payroll tax withholding will start up again.

It is another action by President Trump that was ill planned. Much like his all talk no action health care plan. The public has to bear the brunt of his actions.
Trump did not force you to have to pay taxes for his health care plan.

One more thing, That plan by Trump to defer payroll taxes was completely voluntary.

Trump did not force you to have to pay taxes for his health care plan.
Correct. Because it does not exist. Can't pay for something that never was implemented.

Try addressing the mess he made for SS with his deferred payroll tax. That is what the thread is about.

Correct. Because it does not exist. Can't pay for something that never was implemented.

Try addressing the mess he made for SS with his deferred payroll tax. That is what the thread is about.
I have addressed that voluntary plan. Since it was voluntary, how is it a mess?

I reserve the hate of a president for being worst or even worse based not on his political party affiliation but his actual measured acts to harm this nation. Take Lyndon Johnson for example. He made the decision that cost over 58,000 Americans their lives in a war that turned out not to be necessary.

But no hate towards Nixon, who scuttled Johnson's peace talks with Hanoi in 1968, thereby owning every American death from that point on?

No hate towards Trump, who defended communist Putin against American Intel, sought to enlist a foreign government to interfere in an American election, and then declared to the world that America is more corrupt than Russia, China, and North Korea on election day?

Your reserved hate is a matter of catering to your partisan loyalty. You've been clear enough.

Abraham Lincoln cost this nation over 630,000 lives because the firing at Ft Sumter pissed him off.

Yes, we are all aware of your quest to celebrate your treason. Long live slavery and the secession!

Why? The economy doesn’t need near as many college graduates as we are graduating so why do we need to keep pumping more money into colleges?

Yes. Trump masterfully put the Congressional Elites in an inconvenient predicament. Their only way out of it is to either finally pay attention to the SS/Medicare boondoggle or get their voters so mad at them the pukes won't be able to stay in office.

Sucks to be them.

This post seems to say that you hate America and want old people to starve to death for cheap political points.

Why? The economy doesn’t need near as many college graduates as we are graduating so why do we need to keep pumping more money into colleges?

Oh, here's the "most people should be serfs" argument.

Back
Top Bottom