• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump's Campaign ads - lies, manipulative distortion.

exactly

it is a global hit

and it didnt matter who was sitting in the chair, was my point

be it a D or an R, they were screwed when it hit....

all they could do was try to minimize the damage, which i agree, Trump didnt do a good job of....

As I've previously stated, South Korea and the U.S. learned about the virus on the same day in January. They immediately convened all the experts to devise a solution, implement widespread testing; it has used the data from that testing to guide social distancing and other containment measures; and the disease waned there. By contrast, testing barely began by March and still the promise that anyone who wants to be tested can get one, is a false one. In America, Trump minimized the threat and discouraged action until late March, months after the Koreans. The results are that the U.S. has the highest outbreak and death rate in the world, even though our population is only a fraction.

The details of our failure are complex, but they all flow ultimately from Trump’s minimization of the threat: He was asserting that COVID-19 was no worse than the flu (although true to form, he’s claiming to have known all along that a pandemic was coming). He even didn't want a ship with Covid victims to port because it would hurt his numbers.

On Feb. 25 Larry Kudlow, the administration’s chief economist, declared that the U.S. had “contained” the coronavirus, and that the economy was “holding up nicely.”

Trump rejected the advice of health experts and pushed for a rapid economic reopening, hoping for a boom leading into the election. He ridiculed and belittled measures that would have helped slow the spread of the coronavirus, including wearing face masks and practicing social distancing, turning what should have been common sense into a front in the culture war.

The result has been disaster both epidemiological and economic.

On April 17, the day that Donald Trump tweeted “LIBERATE MINNESOTA,” followed by “LIBERATE MICHIGAN” and “LIBERATE VIRGINIA.” In so doing, he effectively declared White House support for protesters demanding an end to the lockdowns governors had instituted to bring COVID-19 under control, underscoring the Republican Party's hostility to science in general. But many of those anti-lockdown demonstrations weren’t spontaneous, grassroots affairs. They were organized and coordinated by conservative political activists, some with close ties to the Trump campaign, and financed in part by right-wing billionaires.

The main driving force behind reopening, as far as I can tell, was the administration’s desire to have big job gains leading into the November election, so that it could do what it knew how to do, boast about economic success. Actually dealing with the pandemic just wasn’t Trump’s kind of thing and America is paying the price of mistakes made by voters in November 2016.

Yeah, Joe Biden, who selected a black woman to be VP and has the endorsement of a slew of black leaders and President Obama, is the racist while DT, who courts white supremacists, is the non-racist choice. S-U-R-E.

Nobody is going to buy that soap, but do waste your money with that ad.

Is this the ad where the words were snipped with sound software?
Trump Ads Attack Biden Through Deceptive Editing and Hyperbole - The New York Times

Joe didn't pick her because she was capable, he picked her because she was a "woman of color". THAT'S the definition of racist. But Barry did it so often you didn't care, and still don't care that the D's are racist to their core.

South Korea, I think.

Couple of others didn't go full retard like we did too, iirc.

South Korea has fallen into recession as the country reels from the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Asia's fourth-largest economy saw gross domestic product (GDP) fall by a worse-than-expected 2.9% in year-on-year terms, the steepest decline since 1998.Jul 23, 2020

google is your friend

Show the chart from 2016 on.

Barry got out from under war time economics, and the economy resumed, not "turned around".

The point is obvious. All Trump did was not torpedo the robust economy he inherited from Obama.
But we get it- the economy is all that Trumpelievers have to point at and you'll resist anything that threatens to take it away from you. From him, I mean.
History is about to repeat itself. A Democrat will take over a recession from a Republican and, against all the vocal resistance the GOP can muster against him, turn it around to recovery.

The point is obvious. All Trump did was not torpedo the robust economy he inherited from Obama.
But we get it- the economy is all that Trumpelievers have to point at and you'll resist anything that threatens to take it away from you. From him, I mean.
History is about to repeat itself. A Democrat will take over a recession from a Republican and, against all the vocal resistance the GOP can muster against him, turn it around to recovery.

You guys running someone other than Biden?

You guys running someone other than Biden?

Not me, bud, I'm a Canuckistani.
Biden's seen how it's done from the inside. I sure as hell think he'd be better to get the recession behind you than a fraudulent serial bankrupt. And I don't like Biden much.

Biden's seen how it's done from the inside. I sure as hell think he'd be better to get the recession behind you than a fraudulent serial bankrupt. And I don't like Biden much.

Welcome back!
:2wave:

damn

do you really hate Trump that much, that you just outright lie like that

Trump has nothing to run on. He wanted to run the economy but his botched COVID-19 response killed the economy. Unemployment is 10%. GDP has retraced back to 2010 levels. your quote.....

now please tell us what major country hasnt had their economy ruined by this pandemic....just one that continued to run at prepandemic levels.....can you name ONE.....can you name one that is running at 80% of pre-pandemic levels?

I didnt think so.....

politics is an ugly game....but truth is something that we should try to make sure we post....

now i agree that Trump could have done better....but the economy would be in the toilet NO MATTER WHO was sitting in that chair

we will wait for your response.....

Ummm, how come European and Asian Economies are not in the toilet?

Joe didn't pick her because she was capable, he picked her because she was a "woman of color". THAT'S the definition of racist. But Barry did it so often you didn't care, and still don't care that the D's are racist to their core.

I didn't realize that mind reading was one of your skills. Fact is, Harris is the most capable choice, which undercuts the decision was race based.

Ummm, how come European and Asian Economies are not in the toilet?

really

tell us which country?

S Korea i posted earlier

Tell me what country you think isnt in the toilet economically

really

tell us which country?

S Korea i posted earlier

Tell me what country you think isnt in the toilet economically

Compared to the US, All of them.

Yet you come here to tell us who to support.
And you don't know enough about what's happening to have a valid opinion.

I didn't realize that mind reading was one of your skills. Fact is, Harris is the most capable choice, which undercuts the decision was race based.

No one needs to be a mind reader to know that Joe made a racist pick. Capable she is not.

Compared to the US, All of them.

nice deflection

repeat....EVERY country got hit by the pandemic

EVERY countries economy took a hit to their GDP

the BEST i have seen is a almost 4% drop....and that is the BEST

no one got out unscathed....it wouldnt have mattered who sat in the BIG CHAIR....we were going to be in trouble

the only question was, how deep...and how long?

Yet you come here to tell us who to support.
And you don't know enough about what's happening to have a valid opinion.

Damn right I do. And damn right I do. I know more about American history and American politics than does the average American.
Tell me what this reminds you of...
"Our country is but a shadow of it's former glory. We've been dragged down by enemies within, enemies who have no regard for what made us great. Only I can restore our nation to it's rightful place in the world, only I can make America great again.
You're being lied to by the press, the free press is the enemy of the people. Those who oppose me want to open our borders to waves of immigrants who will forever change our nation into something else, something more suited to their children than to yours. And those who oppose me will lie to you and cheat you and deceive you any way they think will advance their agenda."
Does that remind you of anything?

yeah its a big problem for Joe. Bigger than benedict donald's blatant bigotry, because to most of his supporters he isn't a bigot he's "right'.

Good goin'

You need to give liberals more credit than that, Jonsa.

Are you implying that liberals are at such a low cognitive level that they see that Racist Joe chose a black female VP, and then assume he is not racist?

Remember that Biden, according to reports, was about to choose Whitmer, before he was verbally threatened...

‘He better pick a Black woman’: Biden faces Whitmer backlash - POLITICO

nice deflection

repeat....EVERY country got hit by the pandemic

EVERY countries economy took a hit to their GDP

the BEST i have seen is a almost 4% drop....and that is the BEST

no one got out unscathed....it wouldnt have mattered who sat in the BIG CHAIR....we were going to be in trouble

the only question was, how deep...and how long?

Never said otherwise. BUT most of their economies are up and run fully open, not us because we cant because he cant seem to be adults enough. Wew will be living with this for a Long time to come.

I'm not sure what that means. The E.U. dropped to 2018 GDP levels, while the U.S. dropped to 2015 levels.

Dude, those graphs are identical, except, the one on top goes beyond 2020 to track the downward trend...and the bottom one cuts off right at 2020. I mean, Jesus, the blue line actually exits the frame of the graph, lol.

What did Biden lie about regarding Charleston? Did not Trump say there were good people on both sides, referring to both the protesters and Nazi counter-protesters?
Moreover, Trump has stated more than 20,000 false or misleading statements as prez. Claiming "they all do it" is a false equivalence.
I cant help but wonder if you have ever bothered to listen to what was actually said or if you are just content to mindlessly regurgitate the leftist hate diatribes equally mindlessly repeat the lies. Or if you actually DO know and are just a dishonest piece of ****.

Back
Top Bottom