• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump will reduce the national debt the Trump way, stiff the creditors.

Re: Trump will reduce the national debt the Trump way, stiff the debtors.

Oh great Donald!?!

Who the heck is going to buy a bond at reasonable rates when they have NO IDEA whether the government will honor them or not?

Like Fenton's excellent point earlier, is he going to stiff the Fed...who owns trillions of dollars in treasuries?

Technically, the Fed is the banks collectively answering to POTUS.

There's no love lost between Trump and Wall Street or banks.

national debt? here's my plan : **** you!!!! let's see your guns and bombs, national debt. yeah? that's what i thought. South Carolina, whassup!

lol. life imitating art, once again.

Last edited:

Laughable coming from the welfare supporting crowd....bitching about stiffing people. :lol:

Um, us liberals think America should make all debt payments as scheduled at the time of borrowing, in full.

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, ..., shall not be questioned.

Telling China to go **** themselves? OK, I'm up for that. LOL.

But, seriously, this statement is unprecedented and irresponsible. Donald Trump is clearly not ready for Prime Time.

If Obama had said something like that, our borrowing rates would have jumped overnight after our credit downgrade.

Telling China to go **** themselves? OK, I'm up for that. LOL.

But, seriously, this statement is unprecedented and irresponsible. Donald Trump is clearly not ready for Prime Time.

The bigger problem in my mind is that his ascension has got the entire world thinking that a significant portion of our electorate isn't ready for prime time. Never before has America seemed so much like a liability.

Drumpf's idea to cut the national debt is to significantly increase it, if you have ever seen his tax plan.

2 points for using his real name ;)

If Obama had said something like that, our borrowing rates would have jumped overnight after our credit downgrade.

And under obozo, our debt is much higher than it ever was in the past. The bailouts of GM and Chrysler alone, was a huge hit to taxpayers.

Don't think for one minute that Trump is doing anything, that Demos haven't tried before.

And under obozo, our debt is much higher than it ever was in the past. The bailouts of GM and Chrysler alone, was a huge hit to taxpayers.

Don't think for one minute that Trump is doing anything, that Demos haven't tried before.

Yes, if there's one person who's in tune with what the Democrats do and try, it's Donald Trump. That comes from being a Democrat virtually his entire life (except when he wanted to be President, and thought he'd have a better chance of conning the "poorly educated" Republicans into supporting him).

Yes, if there's one person who's in tune with what the Democrats do and try, it's Donald Trump. That comes from being a Democrat virtually his entire life (except when he wanted to be President, and thought he'd have a better chance of conning the "poorly educated" Republicans into supporting him).

Trump admits it, and says he's become fed up with it. Reagan was previously a Democrat, before becoming one of the greatest Republican presidents.

You don't even understand what Trump is talking about. The United States has never in its history failed to make a debt payment, in full, on time.

You don't even understand what Trump is talking about. The United States has never in its history failed to make a debt payment, in full, on time.

Trump's grand debt management plan consists of the following announced strategy:

1. Just print more money to pay the debt.

2. Buy bonds back "at a discount." Whatever that means.

Trump doesn't even know what he's talking about. I don't expect others to.

Trump's grand debt management plan consists of the following announced strategy:

1. Just print more money to pay the debt.

2. Buy bonds back "at a discount." Whatever that means.

Trump doesn't even know what he's talking about. I don't expect others to.

"At a discount" means renegotiating debt with the creditors. Thats what a business does when it can't possibly pay back the debt. Trump is very familiar with the process, having bankrupted several companies.

No different than the Democrats stiffing all the taxpayers in the US, with higher taxes and fees(also a tax). The IRS is sticking it to us everyday!

Acutally, it is a whole lot different. The world economy will not go into deep recession because the US chooses to raise or lower taxes. It will go into deep recession (and America into very deep recession) should the US announce it will not honor its obligations.

Drumpf's idea to cut the national debt is to significantly increase it, if you have ever seen his tax plan.

Cutting taxes doesn't create debt. It just doesn't work that way.

Cutting taxes doesn't create debt. It just doesn't work that way.

It is the effective impact because expenses are never reduced to a level at or below projected revenue.

Acutally, it is a whole lot different. The world economy will not go into deep recession because the US chooses to raise or lower taxes. It will go into deep recession (and America into very deep recession) should the US announce it will not honor its obligations.

Trump is not going to cause that to happen....get real. What he will do is run the government as it should be run, like a business. Stop the waste and stop the Welfare to worthless morons!
All the other politicians running, are beholding to the Shadow Govt., and will do their bidding.....Trump is not and won't!

Why do you think Hillary, the Bush family and so many others are so pissed off? Trump is upsetting the power brokers agenda and I say it's about time!
The Clintons, the Bush family, the Bidens, the obamas, Soros, and most of Congress, are part of the cabal that runs the world...not just the US, the entire world.
They all just met in Davos, Switzerland.
https://www.weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-annual-meeting-2016/

Last edited:

It is the effective impact because expenses are never reduced to a level at or below projected revenue.

Cutting taxes doesn't create debt.

Cutting taxes doesn't create debt.

Tax cuts are a contributor to debt when expenditures aren't adjusted accordingly.

"At a discount" means renegotiating debt with the creditors. Thats what a business does when it can't possibly pay back the debt. Trump is very familiar with the process, having bankrupted several companies.

...except the United States is not a company.

Trump is not going to cause that to happen....get real. What he will do is run the government as it should be run, like a business. Stop the waste and stop the Welfare to worthless morons!
All the other politicians running, are beholding to the Shadow Govt., and will do their bidding.....Trump is not and won't!

Why do you think Hillary, the Bush family and so many others are so pissed off? Trump is upsetting the power brokers agenda and I say it's about time!
The Clintons, the Bush family, the Bidens, the obamas, Soros, and most of Congress, are part of the cabal that runs the world...not just the US, the entire world.
They all just met in Davos, Switzerland.
https://www.weforum.org/events/world-economic-forum-annual-meeting-2016/

...first, I was only taking you to task with your statement. Even Trump isn't dumb enough to welch on the US debt (although many republican members of congress were more than happy to do something similar not to long ago when they threatened to not raise the debt ceiling); but he is ignorant enough to make those threats.

As to "getting real", I think that is your assignment. The President is not in position to A) run the US government like its a business (let's start with the realization that it is not) and B) to stop welfare to "worthless morons".... stopping or even changing the welfare system is not something that is in the domain of the Presidency.

Tax cuts are a contributor to debt when expenditures aren't adjusted accordingly.

Tax cuts, in no way increase the debt.

Its like this: if I make $500 a week and I owe $10,000, then I take a pay cut and I'm only making $250 I still only owe $10,000.

Tax cuts, in no way increase the debt. Its like this: if I make $500 a week and I owe $10,000, then I take a pay cut and I'm only making $250 I still only owe $10,000.

Except you're only telling part of the story. The real world scenario would be this:

You make $500 per week and owe $10,000. You volunteer for a pay cut so now you're only making $250, but you decide to use your credit card for an additional $5,000 in expenses. So now you owe $15,000 plus interest.

Back
Top Bottom