• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Unveiling Virus ‘Breakthrough’ a Day After Hitting FDA

One interesting thing in the article is that the "spread" between the two groups was 5.1%

The most recent batch of data from the program included more than 35,000 Covid-19 patients, many of them in intensive care and on ventilators, and suggested that plasma administered within three days of a diagnosis reduced mortality rates. When calculated a month after the infusions, the death rate of patients who received plasma within three days of diagnosis was lower (21.6 percent) than it was for those who received plasma later (26.7 percent).

whereas the normal "uncertainty factor" is around ±3.5% (for a "spread" of 7.0%).

This indicates that BOTH the "good" and "bad" results lie within the margin of error.

That means, for statistical purposes, that they have to be regarded as not being different at all.

Also, with a mortality rate that is between (roughly) 5 and 8 times as high as the current mortality rates for the population at large, I have some doubts regarding the methods used to select test subjects.

I noticed that too. That at least has promise but it is not a cure all. It is also not new and has been given to 40,000 patients already. When are we going to have a plan that reduces infections? Apparently anything that does that is not in Trumps vocabulary.

Since plasma cannot be manufactured on an industrial basis, how many Americans does Mr. Trump intend to "bleed out" in order to make his "game changer" work?

Of does Mr. Trump intend to issue an EO that mandates that every survivor of COVID-19 donate enough blood to "cure" 1.855 (call it 2) people who have COVID-19? And how much blood would that required that the person donate?

No, but we have to speed up some timetables if we want to be on the other side of this. There is some evidence that it might. We don't know for sure, but now is nit the time to wait for this to go through a 5 year testing period.

Are you sure those are the two choices? Push it through now or 5 years?

I ate a what?

If I contract COVID-19, I will work with my doctor to figure out the best treatment possible, and if HCQ is part of that I'll have no problem taking it. It's been around since the1940s, has been prescribed millions of times and its side effects are well-known. I don't make decisions based on how I feel about an elected official.

It's NORMAL side effects in MUCH LOWER doses that are being used in connection with COVID-19 are, indeed, well known.

It's side effects in respect of the HIGHER doses that are being used in connection with COVID-19 are also well known (but are ignored by those who want to maintain that they simply don't happen because they don't happen with the MUCH LOWER doses that are used with respect to other diseases).

IF your doctor says that you should consider using Hydroxychloroquine, AND IF your doctor clearly lays out what the expected side effects FOR THE DOSAGE THAT WILL BE USED and, AND IF you then make a fully informed decision to use Hydroxychloroquine KNOWING the enhanced risks that you are running, THEN I have no problems with that situation.

However, IF your doctor says that you should consider using Hydroxychloroquine, AND IF your doctor DOES NOT clearly lay out what the expected side effects FOR THE DOSAGE THAT WILL BE USED and, AND IF you then make a decision that is NOT fully informed to use Hydroxychloroquine WITHOUT KNOWING the enhanced risks that you are running, THEN I suggest that you have full and complete documentation of exactly what your doctor DID tell you in the hands of your (or your estate's) lawyer PRIOR to commencing treatment with Hydroxychloroquine.

In either event, I wish you luck.

There isn't enough evidence at this point to support that.

I have obtained the secretly recorded record of Mr. Trump's experts discussing this "game changer". Their conclusions are right at the end of the clip.

That should put an end to all of this useless quibbling over whether or not Mr. Trump's gut is displaying its usual stable genius.

It's NORMAL side effects in MUCH LOWER doses that are being used in connection with COVID-19 are, indeed, well known.

It's side effects in respect of the HIGHER doses that are being used in connection with COVID-19 are also well known (but are ignored by those who want to maintain that they simply don't happen because they don't happen with the MUCH LOWER doses that are used with respect to other diseases).

IF your doctor says that you should consider using Hydroxychloroquine, AND IF your doctor clearly lays out what the expected side effects FOR THE DOSAGE THAT WILL BE USED and, AND IF you then make a fully informed decision to use Hydroxychloroquine KNOWING the enhanced risks that you are running, THEN I have no problems with that situation.

However, IF your doctor says that you should consider using Hydroxychloroquine, AND IF your doctor DOES NOT clearly lay out what the expected side effects FOR THE DOSAGE THAT WILL BE USED and, AND IF you then make a decision that is NOT fully informed to use Hydroxychloroquine WITHOUT KNOWING the enhanced risks that you are running, THEN I suggest that you have full and complete documentation of exactly what your doctor DID tell you in the hands of your (or your estate's) lawyer PRIOR to commencing treatment with Hydroxychloroquine.

In either event, I wish you luck.

That's always good advice, thank you.

You would appear to know more than I. But if Fauci objects, I object.
Fauci now has the official status as Evil Nemisis of Trump. He is behind every problem Trump has that is COVID related.:mrgreen:

Several posters have indicated that Dr. Fauci is/was not onboard. If he's not onboard, I'm not onboard.

Silly Fauci wants to make sure it's safe and effective.

I noticed that too. That at least has promise but it is not a cure all. It is also not new and has been given to 40,000 patients already. When are we going to have a plan that reduces infections? Apparently anything that does that is not in Trumps vocabulary.

We do have a plan. Everybody wears a mask in public and practices social distancing and hand hygiene. It works. The only problem is that Trump doesn't like it.

Trump has ppenly mused on a lot of things that didn't happen that way. In February he said it would all be over come April. Luckily, most people didn't inject themselves with disinfectant.

I think this was the right move on his part, but I'm maintaining sone skepticism on it actually working.

At the time he said that, no one knew much about this virus that came from China and China lied about when it was discovered and the severity of of it.The WHO also covered up for China. The posts here shows that hydrochloroquine is effective. This new one may be effective. A president tries not to alarm the citizenry.

The Goebbelian news will put fear and hate into the minds of every American until their tribe takes power and their tribe is the Democrats. I can guarantee you that the they do NOT want any drug to be effective until AFTER 11-3-20. No matter what, if Biden was elected, this virus would get zero coverage.

No, but we have to speed up some timetables if we want to be on the other side of this. There is some evidence that it might. We don't know for sure, but now is nit the time to wait for this to go through a 5 year testing period.

It only took a few months to figure out that HCQ didn't work.

We do have a plan. Everybody wears a mask in public and practices social distancing and hand hygiene. It works. The only problem is that Trump doesn't like it.

Working really well here in California. People are dropping like flies. I bet you're aching that this new drug fails, aren't you?

Clearly that plan is not enough. The CDC says we are still far behind in fast testing and contact tracing, something the Governors have begged the Federal Govt. to be involved in but Trump has refused. Without Federal help we are doomed to a see-sawing of new cases and deaths and come fall the CDC predicts a resurgence that may dwarf our previous peaks. Do you ever want us to be able to open bars and restaurants again?

Working really well here in California. People are dropping like flies. I bet you're aching that this new drug fails, aren't you?

What new drug?

You should maybe read the article.

Back
Top Bottom