• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Unveiling Virus ‘Breakthrough’ a Day After Hitting FDA

trump-resigns-scenes-opener-02.jpg

guys. it doesn't matter if it's the most screwed up treatment ever. the cult of Trump just needs something to crow about.

anything to crow about.

That’s been screwed up from the beginning.

People are doing it, but no controlled trials are done, so no one really knows how useful it is.

What he needs to do is fund a study like RECOVERY in the US, instead of pretending he knows plasma works.
Several posters have indicated that Dr. Fauci is/was not onboard. If he's not onboard, I'm not onboard.

The same treatment that the fda had halted authorization for because dr Fauci objected to?

EUA will make it harder to do studies to determine its true value and best way to use it.

If Fauci objected (and I don’t know if that’s true) that would be why.

Thanks! That was a pretty good article.

And yeah,

WASHINGTON — Last week, just as the Food and Drug Administration was preparing to issue an emergency authorization for blood plasma as a Covid-19 treatment, a group of top federal health officials including Dr. Francis S. Collins and Dr. Anthony S. Fauci intervened, arguing that emerging data on the treatment was too weak, according to two senior administration officials.

The authorization is on hold for now as more data is reviewed, according to H. Clifford Lane, the clinical director at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. An emergency approval could still be issued in the near future, he said.

So it seems Trump is going directly against Fauci, over ruling him by executive order. That is Trump's prerogative, I suppose.

But it seems this E.O. will make it harder to determine the treatment's efficacy!

But an emergency authorization could have the unintended effect of making it harder for rigorous clinical trials to definitively show whether plasma works. Scientists have struggled to recruit patients for randomized trials, as many patients and their doctors — knowing they could get the treatment under the Mayo program — have been unwilling to risk receiving a placebo.

Actually, since I posted that - CNN is claiming "plasma treatment".

I noticed that too. That at least has promise but it is not a cure all. It is also not new and has been given to 40,000 patients already. When are we going to have a plan that reduces infections? Apparently anything that does that is not in Trumps vocabulary.

I noticed that too. That at least has promise but it is not a cure all. It is also not new and has been given to 40,000 patients already. When are we going to have a plan that reduces infections?
I don't see the chance of any cohesive substantive plan, until the administration changes.

Well, we can only go by his track record. And what's wrong with being anti-Trump? Again, look at his track record.

Hey, it’s easier than being objective. Good to have your mind made up already.

FDA has approved it. Pictures at 5:30

Thanks! That was a pretty good article.

And yeah,

So it seems Trump is going directly against Fauci, over ruling him by executive order. That is Trump's prerogative, I suppose.

But it seems this E.O. will make it harder to determine the treatment's efficacy!

It’s mostly show.

It is being used widely already, but the thing that hurts will be less chances of being able to enroll patients into randomized trials, which delays completion of the trials.

I wonder how many have been enrolled in this one?

C3PO | SIREN

Hey, it’s easier than being objective. Good to have your mind made up already.

Evaluating within the context of historical pattern is about as valid as it gets.

But, you know what? Argue all the logic and philosophy you want - no one believes the lyin' sack of **** anymore. And neither should you.

Evaluating within the context of historical pattern is about as valid as it gets.

But, you know what? Argue all the logic and philosophy you want - no one believes the lyin' sack of **** anymore. And neither should you.

Valid for knee jerk reactions, perhaps.

It’s Trump, so the only possible, acceptable reaction is to hate whatever it is.

That's because Trump has the uncanny ability to **** up everything he does.

Source: (Bloomberg) Trump Unveiling Virus ‘Breakthrough’ a Day After Hitting FDA

I swear this guy's nuts! Here we go, Hydroxy 2.0.

I hope the media doesn't give this too much attention. Fox does enough damage, as it is.

I suspect Trump is going to be doing this crap straight-through now, into November. Lucky us.

Just another attempt to try and gain support from his fans. He is really worried about his future as president and he should be. Just look at who is speaking at his convention and he is appearing every night. If he waits until the official nomination it will be a bore fest for sure.

Well, that was an odd news conference. Quick, dour, no promotion, no questions, and then a quick retreat out the door. I have no idea what Trump gets out of this.

Knee jerk reaction? We've been evaluating this guy's performance for decades as a private citizen, a year of candidacy, and four years in office. There's nothing 'knee-jerk' at all. This is based upon a long historical pattern of consistency.

Just another attempt to try and gain support from his fans. He is really worried about his future as president and he should be. Just look at who is speaking at his convention and he is appearing every night. If he waits until the official nomination it will be a bore fest for sure.
Likely.

It was a pretty odd & lackadaisical press conference. I expected a show like the Unemployment executive orders that never came to fruition. Due to the E.O.'s failure, I think Trump toned this announcement down, even if he's looking for the same P.R. effect. I suspect he will expect his media to promote it with fanfare, where he's personally off-the-hook when it becomes obvious it's all bull****.

The farce is up: Trump is a liar and an idiot. Even you know this by now. You've probably know for a while, actually.

The farce is up: Trump is a liar and an idiot. Even you know this by now. You've probably know for a while, actually.
Thing is, the majority of the country knew this before he was ever elected. That's why we didn't vote for him.

Back
Top Bottom