• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump threatens NBC, then says it's 'disgusting' press can 'write whatever it wants'

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Re: Trump suggested that media companies who report critically on him should have licenses revoked

The real D Trump, a paper tissue ego, and a threat to our fourth estate. Trump will be lucky not to talk himself out of a job.

Re: Trump suggested that media companies who report critically on him should have licenses revoked

Was wondering how long it would take for him to threaten to use, illegally, his "authority" to curtail the media's First Amendment rights.

Was wondering how long it would take for him to threaten to use, illegally, his "authority" to curtail the media's First Amendment rights.

I have said several times over the last few months
Trumps narcisstic personality disorder and thin ego, would be his undoing. Keep tweeting Don, keep tweeting

Why not, doesn't the Media show Disrespect?

The DNC should count themselves lucky Trump did not stay a Dem and hijack the party. The Trump stink will stick on the GOP for quite some time.

Respect should be earned.

And it's not illegal to show disrespect, esp. when it's well-deserved. Certainly The Donald tweets plenty of disrespect at individuals.

Fundamentally unAmerican. Throw the bum out.

The DNC should count themselves lucky Trump did not stay a Dem and hijack the party. The Trump stink will stick on the GOP for quite some time.

He wouldn't have won in the Dem primaries.

Respect should be earned.

And it's not illegal to show disrespect, esp. when it's well-deserved. Certainly The Donald tweets plenty of disrespect at individuals.

That's what I was taught ... but we like in a Trump world now.

He doesn't to some respect, he was anointed with respect.

Good Deal for him

I said the same thing last year, the GOP has more sense than to hitch there wagon to this mentally unstable man, now look were we are, the worlds laughing there ass off at us.

Largely, media companies to not show disrespect to Trump. The disconnect is that Trump and supporters interpret the media doing their job, namely, evaluating Trump's statements and fact-checking them as "disrespect." The media is not supposed to be Trump's cheerleader section.

Ironically, while Trump -- who questioned President Obama's citizenship, demands both respect and loyalty, he doesn't give any.

I said the same thing last year, the GOP has more sense than to hitch there wagon to this mentally unstable man, now look were we are, the worlds laughing there ass off at us.

At least seventeen Americans have died in raging wildfires this week. Four US servicemen were killed in Africa.

Donald Trump has responded to these events by bragging about his IQ and threatening to take NBC off the air.

You get what you vote for, suckers.

* on edit *

It's now 21 people dead, suckers.

Last edited:

At least seventeen Americans have died in raging wildfires this week. Four US servicemen were killed in Africa.

Donald Trump has responded to these events by bragging about his IQ and threatening to take NBC off the air.

You get what you vote for, suckers.

They voted for the giant douche hoping he would change. News flash Trumpsters. He is still, and will always be a POS.

Trump Threatens to Target Licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' After Nuclear Arsenal Report

President Trump openly threatened Wednesday to go after the licenses of "NBC and the Networks," as he ratcheted up his complaints about "Fake News."

“With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!” Trump tweeted.

Source: Fox News: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report

I chose the Fox story for the BN-MSN forum. But Politico and others are also covering it. The stories are based upon Trump's recent Tweet today, which is contained within my source article.

--

So, are the President's actions here appropriate? Should he follow through on his threat? Can he follow through on it? Physically? Legally? Politically? Constitutionally?

I'm a huge 1st Amendment supporter. I believe it is the very foundation of our Republic. With that in mind, I suspect it won't be too hard to deduce my take on today's events. I will however, try to restrain myself in my down-thread comments!

LOL Good reason for that.

Fox to the defense of Trump's attcking the first amendment. Go figure. :lol:

I didnt see any defense in the article, I'm not sure why he posted it.

Re: Trump Threatens to Target Licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' After Nuclear Arsenal Report

Source: Fox News: Trump threatens to target licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' after nuclear arsenal report

I chose the Fox story for the BN-MSN forum. But Politico and others are also covering it. The stories are based upon Trump's recent Tweet today, which is contained within my source article.

--

So, are the President's actions here appropriate? Should he follow through on his threat? Can he follow through on it? Physically? Legally? Politically? Constitutionally?

I'm a huge 1st Amendment supporter. I believe it is the very foundation of our Republic. With that in mind, I suspect it won't be too hard to deduce my take on today's events. I will however, try to restrain myself in my down-thread comments!

The president is entitled to defend himself against what he perceives as lies. But I really wish he’d stop tweeting. Maybe every White House should have a website, in this case, TrumpTruth, to counter the anonymous reports that plague every White House. But not on Twitter.

Libs are so easily triggered by POTUS...How is this "Breaking News?
It's silly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gen Kelley must be going nuts trying to keep up with Baby Hieys latest tantrum. I hope he is getting paid well, he deserves it !!

I didnt see any defense in the article, I'm not sure why he posted it.

Same story as this thread is about with a FOX revisioned headline to show trump in a better light. Basically making it look like NBC deserves getting shut down becauase trump said, "FAKE NEWS!"

Re: Trump Threatens to Target Licenses of 'NBC and the Networks' After Nuclear Arsenal Report

--

https://www.debatepolitics.com/brea...ease-nuclear-arsenal-surprising-military.html

That is the story that set Trump off about the NBC license. This was the July 20 meeting in which Tillerson called Trump a 'moron'. Now we better understand why.

Back
Top Bottom