• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump threatens “bloodbath” unless he wins.

BabaVoss

Rational : Socially Liberal, Fiscally Conservative
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
“Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — That’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.”

This is not normal.

He is calling for violence - again.

Last edited:
That's bad enough, but something that somehow manages to be even more chilling is his comment that immigrants aren't people. This is bad because you know what you can do to not-people? Anything.

And that brings up something else: I've been saying since 2018 that Republicans don't think immigrants are human, because if they did they wouldn't have justified the family separation policy. Republicans told me this was nonsense, then Trump went ahead and said exactly what I've been saying Republicans believe.

That's bad enough, but something that somehow manages to be even more chilling is his comment that immigrants aren't people. This is bad because you know what you can do to not-people? Anything.

And that brings up something else: I've been saying since 2018 that Republicans don't think immigrants are human, because if they did they wouldn't have justified the family separation policy. Republicans told me this was nonsense, then Trump went ahead and said exactly what I've been saying Republicans believe.
Exactly right, and well stated. I just posted this in another thread, but separating children from their parents, deliberately, was a cruelty that America should never have been associated with. But sleazy Trump brought us that along with a host of other shames.

Do we really need another thread about this?

He was in the middle of talking about the auto industry and his plan for tariffs on cars made in Mexico. While it's possible that he blurted out an unrelated truth, the plainest explanation is that he meant "a bloodbath in the US auto industry" and didn't articulate it because he was having trouble with his autocue.

"Never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence."

Frankly, it's all anyone should be talking about.

He was in the middle of talking about the auto industry and his plan for tariffs on cars made in Mexico. While it's possible that he blurted out an unrelated truth, the plainest explanation is that he meant "a bloodbath in the US auto industry" and didn't articulate it because he was having trouble with his autocue.

Word salad.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, debating this on other threads already posted about this topic with Righties, they are saying his words were taken out of context.
My argument would be, sure, it may well have been if you listen to the entire sequence before and after that statement (as he was talking about what would happen if China tried to sell cars in the US), but he still said if he loses there would be a bloodbath for the country.
You all know I hate whataboutisms, but in this context, we KNOW that if any liberal politician had said the same we would have been flooded with angry comments, and "you see what that liberal said?'
But because Trump said it, they are falling all over themselves defending him.
This is the difference between making a speech that deals with policy and one that just is about being mean spirited and trying to rile up the base.

Also, the whiny Righties defending Trump will not watch this video:

I know, because I challenged one of them on another thread to watch it and comment on it, and they didn't. And we know why.

Righties are the biggest crybabies on the planet. Let me be clear (using a what ifism) but IF any politician I supported, even here in Canada, made THAT kind of statement, I would call them out on it. Doesn't mean I would necessarily drop my support for them, but I would call them out for that language.

But Righties WILL NOT watch videos like the one I just linked to, but will bleat and carry on page after page with their usual defense of ANYTHING Trump says, because..............

EWY5tVAX0AUB-Pd.jpg

There's no more "incompetence" here than when he launched 1/6.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, debating this on other threads already posted about this topic with Righties, they are saying his words were taken out of context.

And do you think they actually know what the word "context" means?

My argument would be, sure, it may well have been if you listen to the entire sequence before and after that statement (as he was talking about what would happen if China tried to sell cars in the US), but he still said if he loses there would be a bloodbath for the country.
You all know I hate whataboutisms, but in this context, we KNOW that if any liberal politician had said the same we would have been flooded with angry comments, and "you see what that liberal said?'
But because Trump said it, they are falling all over themselves defending him.
This is the difference between making a speech that deals with policy and one that just is about being mean spirited and trying to rile up the base.

Also, the whiny Righties defending Trump will not watch this video:

I know, because I challenged one of them on another thread to watch it and comment on it, and they didn't. And we know why.

Righties are the biggest crybabies on the planet. Let me be clear (using a what ifism) but IF any politician I supported, even here in Canada, made THAT kind of statement, I would call them out on it. Doesn't mean I would necessarily drop my support for them, but I would call them out for that language.

But Righties WILL NOT watch videos like the one I just linked to, but will bleat and carry on page after page with their usual defense of ANYTHING Trump says, because..............

View attachment 67499047

Thank you for saying what needs to be said, the TRUTH.

“Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — That’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.”

This is not normal.

No one will do a thing about it. Next!

Thank you for not being another disingenuous contributor to this topic!

I don't even think there was an "articulate" or "autocue" issue with what he said or meant. In the clear context of his discussion of the Chinese building cars in Mexico, the tariffs he has planned, and the impact to car manufacturers in the U.S. - it was entirely clear.

I don't even think there was an "articulate" or "autocue" issue with what he said or meant. In the clear context of his discussion of the Chinese building cars in Mexico, the tariffs he has planned, and the impact to car manufacturers in the U.S. - it was entirely clear.

Thanks for the gas lighting.

Thank you for saying what needs to be said, the TRUTH.
I hadn't yet reached this when I added comment 12. Ditto and I also appreciated the willingness of Ug to walk away from and straighten out the BS.

This is not normal.

Trump has said, "a good tweet will always include a little crazy". This fits perfectly. He can say he was talking about the auto industry but the language includes "a little crazy" reference to a "bloodbath". And it makes the MAGA's drool. Do you think he said it 'accidentally"? If Trump hasn't made you scared about the future of America by now, you're choosing not to listen. Nothing new here.

This is not normal.

Here is a challenge for you. How about you post a link to the exact quote and the context of the quote? This is yet another leftist ploy to take a quote out of context to scare people. I'll wait for the exact quote unedited and in context.

Here is a challenge for you. How about you post a link to the exact quote and the context of the quote? This is yet another leftist ploy to take a quote out of context to scare people. I'll wait for the exact quote unedited and in context.

The quote is “Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — That’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.” The context is his stolen election lies immedately after his loss in 2020, the insurrection on January 6, and his promise to pardon violent insurrectionists.

You do it.

B...........b..........b..........b.............b.............b..............b.................b.............but that is now what he meant. 😫

The quote is “Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — That’s going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country.”

EWY5tVAX0AUB-Pd.jpg
B...........b..........b..........b.............b.............b..............b.................b.............but that is now what he meant. 😫

President Obama's tan suit lights up Twitter

One would think, and hope, that the hierarchy of the GOP hears Trumps saying this kind of thing and think, "What the hell are we doing backing this turd.'
But in Trumps narcissistic sociopathic mind he thinks this is what US voters want to hear.
It's not.

Whatever tariffs Trump has in mind, they must abide by the USMCA. Of course, Trump has no mind, so it was just something he blurted out.

Damn, he was talking about selling cars from China and what would happen to the auto industry in America. How about researching some facts sometime?​

Back
Top Bottom