• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump tells NC voters to vote twice.

Trump is setting Americans up like a bowling pin to contest the election results of an election that hasn't even happened yet.

He see the polls. His narcissistic brain mush cannot possibly conceived the idea that he is a loser.

Consider this "set up" as Trump's Plan B, in the event he does lose. No more, no less.

Trump didn't think this idea up himself.

And I don't think that's what he actually heard. Seems to me a lot of what he says that sounds ludicrous is actually him misunderstanding something he heard that he thought sounded good, so he repeats it. Out of context and misapprehended.

So when he does this I try to figure out what he really heard, how it was meant to be used strategically. And how much is just pure narrative discussion where the whole reason the concept was in discussion was because they thought it could spin them a win, not that it was some real issue or plan of action.

It could just be so these people can go to the polls and vote in person after having mailed in a ballot and are able to vote because their mail in ballot isn't in yet but their media and trump will scream "FRAUD!".

And the ****show commences.

That's a problem no matter what. The check is that they're supposed to check if you voted in person. If you did, they aren't supposed to count the absentee ballot.

If both of your votes get counted, it won't be the "they're supposed to check" people that they will come and arrest.

On the bright side, Dirtbag just cut another Dem ad against himself.

Although I despise Trump, this isn't really fair. He merely said to test the system of protections. He said, complete an absentee ballot. Also, go and vote in person and see if they got the absentee ballot. If they did, they won't let you vote. If they didn't, and you vote, but later they receive the absentee ballot, they shouldn't count it.

Of course, this adds to the paperwork and processing work the B of Elections then has to do.

This happened to me when my late mother was in a nursing home. I visited on Election Day and asked if she voted. She said "No." So, I wheeled her in her wheelchair blocks away to the school that was the polling station. They told us that she voted absentee, which was likely, since the home does that.

OK, but how does one distinguish between an attempt to "test the systems" and a deliberate attempt to cast more than one ballot? Further, let's say the ballot was received on Monday, election day is Tuesday, but the absentee is not processed in time and the guy goes to vote in the morning. He'll vote in person, AND they'll try to process an absentee hours later.

And NC is, or will be, like every other state I've seen, and a voter can track their ballot online, see if your vote was received and counted. That's really great advice. Showing up and voting in person is not. It is a felony in NC to cast two votes.

It's just not advice that the president should be giving out, period.

OK, but how does one distinguish between an attempt to "test the systems" and a deliberate attempt to cast more than one ballot? Further, let's say the ballot was received on Monday, election day is Tuesday, but the absentee is not processed in time and the guy goes to vote in the morning. He'll vote in person, AND they'll try to process an absentee hours later.

And NC is, or will be, like every other state I've seen, and a voter can track their ballot online, see if your vote was received and counted. That's really great advice. Showing up and voting in person is not. It is a felony in NC to cast two votes.

I suspect that nobody gets arrested for sending out an absentee ballot and later trying to vote in-person. As my example about my 90 year old mother, she forgot that she voted absentee when I brought her in person. They told her that she already voted. Just slap the handcuffs on her and haul her away.

our country is VOID a leader

this thread is VOID of Republicans.

Yeah, I saw this topic the other day and was thinking that purposefully voting by mail and then showing up in-person to vote likely isn't legal.

How many of his cultists are dumb enough to commit voter fraud because of this?

Zero. All registered voters know it is not possible to vote twice for any reason, no matter what their state's election system is, and that voter fraud is a felony. Once I made a huge mistake on my ballot (the governor race) and did not ask for a new one because I was afraid the poll worker would consider my request an attempt to vote twice.

The problem is that Trump is screwing with the mail. And it is expected that far more than usual will vote but mail. Trump has complained at length about how long it will take to get the results.

So if you mail in your ballot and then go to see if it was counted by trying to vote on election day, your mail in ballot may not have been processed yet. So you will be allowed to vote. And then your mail in ballot will come up and you will have cast two ballots.

But the damage will be done as untold numbers make the claim their mail in ballot wasn't counted, DEEP STATE, FRAUD! Democrats stealing the election, AAAAAAAH!

They know this, so this gaslight is just another gaslight.

And if they do it a bunch of felonies will get handed out.

The term "mail-in" is misleading. You can pick it up at your county's Board of Elections and return it in person to completely avoid the mailbox. If your state has early voting for every precinct, you can also give it to a poll worker to make sure your votes count, I prefer to call them absentee ballots for this reason.

We should all hope this is not going to be a repeat of 20 years ago, when it took seven weeks to certify George Bush the winner.

That's a problem no matter what. The check is that they're supposed to check if you voted in person. If you did, they aren't supposed to count the absentee ballot.

If you are caught voting twice, shouldn't BOTH ballots be thrown out?

That would be a felony in some states, so they'd probably lose their Rambo sticks. Hope that it's worth it.

And in that instant, we'd see the Republican party start advocating for felon's rights.

I suspect that nobody gets arrested for sending out an absentee ballot and later trying to vote in-person. As my example about my 90 year old mother, she forgot that she voted absentee when I brought her in person. They told her that she already voted. Just slap the handcuffs on her and haul her away.

OK, but that doesn't answer my question. I guess what you're suggesting is "I forgot" is an affirmative defense for anyone casting votes in person and by mail. Could be since I suppose they'd need to prove intent, but it's still a mess since such a standard pretty much nullifies any law against voting twice.

And, again, there's a legitimate way to verify that your ballot was received, and it's reckless and irresponsible for the President to recommend this illegitimate, criminal way that AT BEST results in totally screwing up election day and makes a deliberate mess of vote counting absentee ballots.

OK, but that doesn't answer my question. I guess what you're suggesting is "I forgot" is an affirmative defense for anyone casting votes in person and by mail. Could be since I suppose they'd need to prove intent, but it's still a mess since such a standard pretty much nullifies any law against voting twice.

And, again, there's a legitimate way to verify that your ballot was received, and it's reckless and irresponsible for the President to recommend this illegitimate, criminal way that AT BEST results in totally screwing up election day and makes a deliberate mess of vote counting absentee ballots.

Should Trump have said it? No. I think if people did what he suggested, it would slow the counting. Perhaps that's his intent - chaos.

If you are caught voting twice, shouldn't BOTH ballots be thrown out?

Oh, punitive measures. Well, if the state legislature passed such a penalty, that would be a sanction.

He's encouraging Felony.

So much for the "Law and Order" President.

He's encouraging voter fraud. And when they do it, even if it is his people, he can then point and say that the election was a sham for all the fraud.

Should Trump have said it? No. I think if people did what he suggested, it would slow the counting. Perhaps that's his intent - chaos.

Whatever his intent, it's reckless and irresponsible from the President.

I guess that's where we are - Trump openly and repeatedly urges his followers to commit a felony, and we get, "Well, he really shouldn't have said that." The defense is he wasn't urging his followers to REALLY commit a crime, he was 'just' openly and with the Attorney General feeding a distrust in the upcoming election, a presumption that the results will be fraudulent. Which is probably "inadvisable" or something, but that's the bar now. The president and his minions undermining elections, in the open, and we're supposed to go "tut tut, maybe he shouldn't have said that..."

our country is VOID a leader

this thread is VOID of Republicans.

I'll fill in for the cultists.

He was just joking. It was just locker room talk. What has trump done that personally hurt you? Look... SQUIRREL! The Durham report will send all of the Obama administration to jail.

Last edited:
President Donald Trump suggested that people in North Carolina should vote twice in the November election, once by mail and once in person, escalating his attempts to cast confusion and doubt on the validity of the results.

"So let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote," Trump said when asked whether he has confidence in the mail-in system in North Carolina, a battleground state.

"If it's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote. So that's the way it is. And that's what they should do," he said.

It is illegal to vote more than once in an election.

I'm fine with him getting his own supporters criminal records. He gets them for most of his staff.

Source: Trump encourages North Carolina residents to vote twice to test mail-in system

democrats lie - 100% of the time. It appears that being a sociopath is part and parcel of the Stalinist democrat party.

Love the link to this forum as "proof" of the DNC lie...

Say, wonder if the left checkers over at Snopes have debunked this lie yet? ROFL.....

He's encouraging voter fraud. And when they do it, even if it is his people, he can then point and say that the election was a sham for all the fraud.

IF he had said what the hates sites claim - but as always - the communists are flat out lying. Shows the desperation of the Khmer Rouge.

democrats lie - 100% of the time. It appears that being a sociopath is part and parcel of the Stalinist democrat party.

Love the link to this forum as "proof" of the DNC lie...

Say, wonder if the left checkers over at Snopes have debunked this lie yet? ROFL.....

IF he had said what the hates sites claim - but as always - the communists are flat out lying. Shows the desperation of the Khmer Rouge.

Have another vodka comrade.

:lamo

This is part of trump and the GOP's plan to ratf*** the election.

First there's the longstanding GOP suppression efforts: gerrymandering, closed polling stations, purged rolls (Georgia just illegally struck 200,000 off - good luck getting their rights back before November); and ID laws.

Next, Trump's attempts to muddy the waters - claiming it's rigged, slowing the post, silencing intel over Russian interference, discrediting absentee ballots and now, encouraging supporters to commit voter fraud so he can claim it's a real thing. Some will definitely vote twice because he told them to; he'll say, "I told you so," and that will be their justification for delaying the count and tossing more ballots.

After that the logical progression is disputing the results. He's already called for the results to be announced on election night, which may not be possible due to the large mail-in count. He'll use the examples of fraud committed by his people to claim that's evidence the process can't be trusted; he'll have FOX proclaim him the winner on the night making it look like the challenger is a sore loser like in 2000. Only in 2000 the loser didn't have the votes, whereas his opponent may be several points ahead. The whole point at this stage is to nullify the election before the results are in.

Finally the goons. He already has called for law enforcement to intimidate at the polls. How much of a stretch would it be for his growing bands of fat-ass cosplay militiamen to switch from facing off Antifa, to marching down the polls with their guns, 'challenging' voters, standing over election officials and even hijacking the mail or ballot boxes? You can bet they'll try.

The whole point is chaos. He's throwing over the chessboard at this point, scattering the pieces, so it's too hard to put back together.

Can voters really be stupid enough to MAIL their ballots on November 2 instead of drop them off at the county Board of Elections? Think about it. Everyone knows it takes at least two days for mail to be processed and received din normal years. You cannot be that ignorant of the problems causing mailing delays, which obviously include the coronavirus. The problem is when voters never get their ballots because of delivery errors they have to prove voting in person is necessary and not their fault.

Back
Top Bottom