• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he’s finished writing answers to questions from special counsel Robert Mueller

Tell that to Manafort

The post I answered:
Plenty of innocent people in our country pay for crimes they did not do or receive a much more severe penalty than they deserve.

It is apparent that Manafort did the crimes, and is serving his sentence in quite the comfortable quarters. As a rich white man, he will probably have a lesser penalty than he deserves for the crimes he committed.

They gave Mueller 1.4 million pages of documents they let White House counsel Don McGahn be interviewed by Mueller. A person can tell the FBI the truth and still indicted for perjury. All it takes is for the FBI to believe a Cohen type that would say anything to save his own ass. So Cohen cuts a deal and lies and says you are lying and the FBI believes him instead of you. Trump is smart to answer with interrogatories. His lawyers can massage the answers so a perjury trap can be avoided.

View attachment 67244413

Box him in. Once he's submitted those, this will be maybe the first time he's made any statements about anything he's done in office that are under oath.
He's resisted cooperating personally since the beginning, and he STILL hasn't sat down with investigators, and STILL hasn't given them any answers.

What a cowardly piece of lying ****.

Which is a very big problem.....running the justice system and running the voting systems are arguably the two most important jobs the elite have, and they have failed at both. They have also completely fail at education, both basic and the University.

Is it any wonder that the citizens are so irate....

Liberals are so naive in their understanding of the real world.

For example. About 5 years ago a Hispanic man tried to rent from me and I declined him due to his very poor credit score (under 550). He filed a complaint with the Human Rights Commission that I discriminated him due to his national origin.

When I was interviewed by the lawyer representing the HRC, these are some of the questions she asked me:

1. Do I have any Hispanic friends?
2. Did I notice the man was Hispanic when I met him?
3. Provide me a history your tenants for the past 5 years with their private info - SSN, DOB, income, including their race (like I keep track of that!)

Obviously, I answered none of these silly questions. She insisted that I would know the race/national origin for the tenants of the building I own.

So Liberals are stupid when they ask what is Trump hiding. The Mueller team are not his friends. They are trying to indict people. If nothing came out of the investigation Mueller and his team would be considered a failure.

Box him in. Once he's submitted those, this will be maybe the first time he's made any statements about anything he's done in office that are under oath.
He's resisted cooperating personally since the beginning, and he STILL hasn't sat down with investigators, and STILL hasn't given them any answers.

What a cowardly piece of lying ****.

LOL.

If the Mueller team had anything on Trump, they would have announced it by now. It is silly to cooperate with people that are trying to send you to jail, guilty or not.

Stop being naive. I had a friend once that was charged for fraud. He claimed he didn't need an attorney and hash the situation out with the prosecutor... :confused:

like his lawyers didn't write all of them.

it's too bad that they didn't subpoena him for a real interview. rather than running around spending a year panicking over a constitutional crisis, let's just have it out. subpoena his ass, and if he lies, indict him.

You bet your ass his lawyers are writing every word of it. Anyone who thinks that Trump's lawyers would let him get any where near those questions with a pen and a paper is crazy. Plus you can tell that Trump is lying because he kept circling back repeating several times that he wrote the answers himself. That's one of Trump's biggest tells for when he's lying.

This thing will end soon, and all the democrats will have is a bunch of TDS whiners in the house destroying democrat chances of continuing on as a party.....I'd say that was worth Trump all by itself.

I think this still has a ways to go. Mueller seems to have a lot of irons in the fire. They just said that they're not ready to bring Gates up for sentencing because he's still actively cooperating in "several" investigations. Also saw a story from NBC today that Maria Butina (remember her?) may be currently negotiating with the Justice Dept for a plea deal. So Mueller might be about to turn another source.

Last edited:

For example. About 5 years ago a Hispanic man tried to rent from me and I declined him due to his very poor credit score (under 550). He filed a complaint with the Human Rights Commission that I discriminated him due to his national origin.

When I was interviewed by the lawyer representing the HRC, these are some of the questions she asked me:

3. Provide me a history your tenants for the past 5 years with their private info - SSN, DOB, income, including their race (like I keep track of that!)

Obviously, I answered none of these silly questions. She insisted that I would know the race/national origin for the tenants of the building I own.

So Liberals are stupid when they ask what is Trump hiding. The Mueller team are not his friends. They are trying to indict people. If nothing came out of the investigation Mueller and his team would be considered a failure.

Liberals are fine, I used to be a liberal and I still believe in a lot of the hymans, the New Left however are straight up abusive BUS DRIVERS TO UTOPIA.

"My lawyers don't write answers. I write answers."

I seriously wonder what happened in his childhood that produced such an insecure mess.

This is probably the dumbest thing you can say if you are facing an impending trial/indictment/impeachment. Even idiot drug dealers know they shouldn't say, "I told my drug mules to swallow drugs! Not my lawyers. It was me!!!"

Remember when Trump had to have I hear you written on his notes so that he wouldn't forget???
Also just about everyone who tries to "defend themselves," which is practically what Trump is trying to do is portrayed as literally insane, because they are!

I seriously wonder what happened in his childhood that produced such an insecure mess.

You’ve hit on a larger point. We talk about the investigation for good or ill, or about whether he will or could be required by constitution to answer, but the larger piece that such extreme neurosis exists as evidenced by such a wierd comment defying reason is accepted without guffaws. ‘Tis the season. Trump is our crazy uncle on Thanksgiving whom we roll our eyes at, knowing he’s harmless. Which, of course, Trump isn’t.

About time. He's had them for a couple months.

To be fair , trump has been super busy the past 2 months. Tweeting 100 times a day, playing golf almost every day, holding rallies every 2nd day and going on vacation every 2nd week.

Like they did with Hillary right?

Hillary co-operated with the benghazi and email server investigations. She was grilled for 11 hours straight and answered questions honestly. She did not have tantrums or crap about witch hunts and fake news.

trump is panicking and he knows that in January the democrat house will go for the jugular. I have a very funny feeling that on his 2nd anniversary , trump will step down citing health reasons.

And although Pence is just as bad, he will at least act somewhat presidential. And best of all the LGBTQI republicans are going to have a president that wants them imprisoned or even executed. Isn't it great supporting a political party that hates you?

You’ve hit on a larger point. We talk about the investigation for good or ill, or about whether he will or could be required by constitution to answer, but the larger piece that such extreme neurosis exists as evidenced by such a wierd comment defying reason is accepted without guffaws. ‘Tis the season. Trump is our crazy uncle on Thanksgiving whom we roll our eyes at, knowing he’s harmless. Which, of course, Trump isn’t.

Maybe trump is the way he is because his daddy gave him a few million and he wanted a LOT MORE.

They are trying to indict people? They have already charged several of trump's mates. And here's another one. https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...-to-spill-the-beans-in-exchange-for-plea-deal

And right after he said that he said" you need lawyers to submit them you need lawyers go some over some of the answers".

I think he wants everyone to know he answered the questions not a team of lawyers. Have you ever read a legal contract? He wants people to know he is trying to be transparent. The answers will be looked at so the wording will avoid any perjury traps.

The post I answered:

It is apparent that Manafort did the crimes, and is serving his sentence in quite the comfortable quarters. As a rich white man, he will probably have a lesser penalty than he deserves for the crimes he committed.
Actually no, its quit common for a substantial fine and no prison time for the crime Manafort is guilty of committing. Also very few poor people of color are ever get prosecuted for income tax crime and fewer get jail time. My wife was a federal court reporter for over 30 years and income tax fraud was a big portion of their criminal docket. Prisons, even federal prisons, aren't comfortable.

I think this still has a ways to go. Mueller seems to have a lot of irons in the fire. They just said that they're not ready to bring Gates up for sentencing because he's still actively cooperating in "several" investigations. Also saw a story from NBC today that Maria Butina (remember her?) may be currently negotiating with the Justice Dept for a plea deal. So Mueller might be about to turn another source.
Wow! Wild speculations much?

Mueller has nothing! Squat. He is dragging this out so that ignorant people will think he has something. Its all anti-Trump hate politics

Mueller has nothing! Squat. He is dragging this out so that ignorant people will think he has something. Its all anti-Trump hate politics

150+charges
30+indictments
5 guilty pleas
1 conviction

And the Muller investigation is only 1.5 years old. Watergate took 2 years. Whitewater took 6 years. Benghazi took 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom