• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he’s finished writing answers to questions from special counsel Robert Mueller

Liberals are so naive in their understanding of the real world.

For example. About 5 years ago a Hispanic man tried to rent from me and I declined him due to his very poor credit score (under 550). He filed a complaint with the Human Rights Commission that I discriminated him due to his national origin.

When I was interviewed by the lawyer representing the HRC, these are some of the questions she asked me:

1. Do I have any Hispanic friends?
2. Did I notice the man was Hispanic when I met him?
3. Provide me a history your tenants for the past 5 years with their private info - SSN, DOB, income, including their race (like I keep track of that!)

Obviously, I answered none of these silly questions. She insisted that I would know the race/national origin for the tenants of the building I own.

So Liberals are stupid when they ask what is Trump hiding. The Mueller team are not his friends. They are trying to indict people. If nothing came out of the investigation Mueller and his team would be considered a failure.

They should have just asked for the files of your tenant applications, including credit scores. As long as you didn't accept any with scores under 550 you should have been good.

Hillary co-operated with the benghazi and email server investigations. She was grilled for 11 hours straight and answered questions honestly. She did not have tantrums or crap about witch hunts and fake news.

trump is panicking and he knows that in January the democrat house will go for the jugular. I have a very funny feeling that on his 2nd anniversary , trump will step down citing health reasons.

And although Pence is just as bad, he will at least act somewhat presidential. And best of all the LGBTQI republicans are going to have a president that wants them imprisoned or even executed. Isn't it great supporting a political party that hates you?

I'd like to see how Trump would hold up under 11 hours of grilling.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ble-main_trumpmueller-130p:homepage/story-ans

Your Lawyers have been boning up on what they spoke to Mueller asked
Next if you are done writing a take home exam, your lawyers approved

Lastly. When you were finished, did you put the crayons back in the box?

Giuliani already said Trump's lawyers were unable to answer all of the questions for fear of creating additional legal exposure, which means he has legal exposure for outstanding crimes right now.

Of course Trump is lying, but that's taken for granted.

Giuliani already said Trump's lawyers were unable to answer all of the questions for fear of creating additional legal exposure, which means he has legal exposure for outstanding crimes right now.

One thing I will say, and this is not meant to give Trump the benefit of the doubt or anything, BUT and this is a big but, I happened to be watching a law lecture on talking to the police in general.

There are 23, 000 pages of Federal Law, with around about 3000 criminal offenses, answering questions of any Federal Authority is a ****ing legal minefield of unbelievable proportions.

I don't know under these specific circumstances whether Trump is compelled to answer every question, and again, not to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that wouldn't be a totally unwise move legally speaking.

Actually no, its quit common for a substantial fine and no prison time for the crime Manafort is guilty of committing. Also very few poor people of color are ever get prosecuted for income tax crime and fewer get jail time. My wife was a federal court reporter for over 30 years and income tax fraud was a big portion of their criminal docket. Prisons, even federal prisons, aren't comfortable.

Actually no. Without a plea deal in exchange for cooperation. The 8 counts Manafort was found guilty of in his first and only trial he would be looking at a maximum sentence of 80 years. Even they were to be knock that down to half, or even a quarter for that matter, it would essentially amount to being a life sentence for him.

Last edited:
One thing I will say, and this is not meant to give Trump the benefit of the doubt or anything, BUT and this is a big but, I happened to be watching a law lecture on talking to the police in general.

There are 23, 000 pages of Federal Law, with around about 3000 criminal offenses, answering questions of any Federal Authority is a ****ing legal minefield of unbelievable proportions.

I don't know under these specific circumstances whether Trump is compelled to answer every question, and again, not to give him the benefit of the doubt, but that wouldn't be a totally unwise move legally speaking.

Well that's why God invented lawyers -- so they can answer law enforcement's questions without creating legal exposure for their clients, which Trump's lawyers are apparently unable to do. Of course Trump could just plead the fifth, but Trump is fully aware of the political consequences for such a move so that's out.

If your lawyers are unable to answer law enforcement's questions for fear of creating additional legal exposure, it means you have outstanding crimes (i.e. crimes not lapsed due to statute of limitations) or that by crafting answers that create an impression of innocence you'd be committing perjury. That's really all there is to it.

Last edited:

I would imagine that's Trump's lawyers are approaching this with a great deal of trepidation seeing as though their client has a reputation for being a less than fully cooperative. So they may not know all they would need to know to answer these questions. They know that Mueller knows plenty and has all the answers to these questions. But has Trump told them everything that he knows? I think it's very likely given, as you said, the risk of legal exposure that they will ultimately advise their client to plead the Fifth.

I would imagine that's Trump's lawyers are approaching this with a great deal of trepidation seeing as though their client has a reputation for being a less than fully cooperative. So they may not know all they would need to know to answer these questions. They know that Mueller knows plenty and has all the answers to these questions. But has Trump told them everything that he knows? I think it's very likely given, as you said, the risk of legal exposure that they will ultimately advise their client to plead the Fifth.

Legally speaking pleading the fifth is the only realistic path forward. Politically speaking, well, that's not going to look very good. Trump's lawyers are trying for the third option: delay forever, which will deliver roughly half the political jeopardy of pleading the fifth. When all you have is bad options, the least awful one is really all you can do.

Legally speaking pleading the fifth is the only realistic path forward. Politically speaking, well, that's not going to look very good. Trump's lawyers are trying for the third option: delay forever, which will deliver roughly half the political jeopardy of pleading the fifth. When all you have is bad options, the least awful one is really all you can do.

Plus...

Well...

Well that's why God invented lawyers -- so they can answer law enforcement's questions without creating legal exposure for their clients, which Trump's lawyers are apparently unable to do. Of course Trump could just plead the fifth, but Trump is fully aware of the political consequences for such a move so that's out.

If your lawyers are unable to answer law enforcement's questions for fear of creating additional legal exposure, it means you have outstanding crimes (i.e. crimes not lapsed due to statute of limitations) or that by crafting answers that create an impression of innocence you'd be committing perjury. That's really all there is to it.

Just based off this lecture I watched though, even if you answer every police question truthfully and you would think there's no way it could be incriminating, you never know, it might just be for reasons you can't foresee.

That Trump Tower meeting is an absolute cluster **** legally speaking I'm sure, though don't have a law degree to tell you specifically of course, but pleading the 5th, legally speaking in regards to questions surrounding that, even if let's say for arguments sake, it really did come to nothing and wasn't illegal, could still potentially be incriminating depending on what kinds of questions were asked.

Could be wrong though, definitely no lawyer.

Just based off this lecture I watched though, even if you answer every police question truthfully and you would think there's no way it could be incriminating, you never know, it might just be for reasons you can't foresee.

That Trump Tower meeting is an absolute cluster **** legally speaking I'm sure, though don't have a law degree to tell you specifically of course, but pleading the 5th, legally speaking in regards to questions surrounding that, even if let's say for arguments sake, it really did come to nothing and wasn't illegal, could still potentially be incriminating depending on what kinds of questions were asked.

Could be wrong though, definitely no lawyer.

But again, though....that's why lawyers exist. That's why, when you're under arrest or being questioned by the police, you get a lawyer to talk to them instead of talking to them yourself. If his lawyers are unable to answer questions without creating legal exposure, it means the lawyers are incompetent or their client has so much legal exposure already that he's legally indefensible. His lawyers aren't completely incompetent, though, which is why they're smart enough to see that several of Mueller's questions can't be answered without creating very real problems, so all they can realistically do is delay.

Does he want a gold star for finishing his homework, or what?

I'd like to see how Trump would hold up under 11 hours of grilling.

Apparently Trump's original lawyer, John Dowd quit shortly after going through a "mock" or "practice" Special Counsel interview with Trump after which he advised him. Don't testify. It's either that or an orange jumpsuit. If you insist on doing so then I can't help you.

If you think he is the one that actually wrote the answers, you are living in lala land.

No I never thought that he did

I think you're absolutely correct and that this is all really nothing more than a bunch of window dressing.

Actually no, its quit common for a substantial fine and no prison time for the crime Manafort is guilty of committing. Also very few poor people of color are ever get prosecuted for income tax crime and fewer get jail time. My wife was a federal court reporter for over 30 years and income tax fraud was a big portion of their criminal docket. Prisons, even federal prisons, aren't comfortable.

Manafort filed false tax returns for many years, and was also convicted of bank fraud. Very few poor people of color laundered millions of dollars.

Manafort also violated the terms of his bond by contacting potential witnesses.

Manafort filed false tax returns for many years, and was also convicted of bank fraud. Very few poor people of color laundered millions of dollars.

The point was did Manafort receive a stiffer penalty for his crime than is typical for that crime...he did.

Manafort also violated the terms of his bond by contacting potential witnesses.

He was not convicted for that.

About time. He's had them for a couple months.

he had to wait until beauregard sessions was gone so that the replacement lackey could tell him where all the Mueller land mines were buried

NPR said the presidents lawyers have not turned in his answers yet.

I suppose they are typing up what Trump wrote in Crayon. It was a pretty blue, the best blue ever, five times bluer than the ones Obama used.

used invisible ink for his signature attesting to knowing that he was knowingly signing subject to charges of perjury for false statements

They gave Mueller 1.4 million pages of documents they let White House counsel Don McGahn be interviewed by Mueller. A person can tell the FBI the truth and still indicted for perjury. All it takes is for the FBI to believe a Cohen type that would say anything to save his own ass. So Cohen cuts a deal and lies and says you are lying and the FBI believes him instead of you. Trump is smart to answer with interrogatories. His lawyers can massage the answers so a perjury trap can be avoided.

perjury "trap" is best avoided by telling the TRUTH. that is what scares tRump ****less

Back
Top Bottom