• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Please Shut Up About North Korea

Winston

Give me convenience or give me death
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-says-us-ruining-mood-detente-ahead-041335858.html

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea has slammed the U.S. for what it calls "misleading" claims Washington's policy of maximum political pressure and sanctions are what drove Pyongyang to the negotiating table.

The North's official news agency on Sunday quoted a Foreign Ministry spokesman warning the claims are a "dangerous attempt" to ruin a budding detente after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un's summit late last month with South Korean President Moon Jae-in.

At the summit, the North agreed to seek denuclearization of the peninsula.

The spokesman is quoted as saying: "The U.S. is deliberately provoking the DPRK at the time when the situation on the Korean Peninsula is moving toward peace and reconciliation."

As I thought, the dismantling of DPRK's nuclear program, should it happen, will be no achievement of Donald J. Trump, as much as he would protest it is. Sorry, man, go back to taking credit for the stock market, so long as its rising.

The thought of Trump being even nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize makes me want to--ironically-- barf violently. To think that the US/Trump instilled so much fear to make cray-cray dictator Kim Jong Un all of a sudden decide to dismantle and find peace is complete stupidity.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-says-us-ruining-mood-detente-ahead-041335858.html

As I thought, the dismantling of DPRK's nuclear program, should it happen, will be no achievement of Donald J. Trump, as much as he would protest it is. Sorry, man, go back to taking credit for the stock market, so long as its rising.

:lamo Right. Like you were ever going to give Trump credit for anything anyway. Six months ago you were complaining that Trump was going to get us into a nuclear war with NK and now that it looks like peace might actually break out in the region you are willing to give Trump zero credit. TDS claims another victim

The thought of Trump being even nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize makes me want to--ironically-- barf violently. To think that the US/Trump instilled so much fear to make cray-cray dictator Kim Jong Un all of a sudden decide to dismantle and find peace is complete stupidity.

This is great entertainment.

Tell me, did cowering Obama achieve this? The guy who erased a Red Line... which only empowered our enemies?

The guy who gave Cuba everything, but got nothing?

The guy who gave Iran all... for a crap deal?

Who achieved this?

Carter/Clinton?

Obama?

Nope.

Trump.

Now... until the moron in NK actually does disarm, and we can prove it, and prove he remains disarmed, it’s not a done deal.

Communists lie.

But should the deal get done, you can thank Trump.

That it has gotten this far... is due to one man... Trump.

:lamo Right. Like you were ever going to give Trump credit for anything anyway. Six months ago you were complaining that Trump was going to get us into a nuclear war with NK and now that it looks like peace might actually break out in the region you are willing to give Trump zero credit. TDS claims another victim

Lobbing some tweets at Kim and then claiming you solved the Korean peninsula is insulting. That's all it takes to solve complicated geopolitical problems, some tweeting? Besides me, the TDS guy, what about the North Korean spokesman, he's another TDS liberal too?

Trump couldn't negotiate himself out of a wet paper bag due to it being peed on. He's a legend in his own mind and those that are naive enough to believe in him.

Trump amazes me.Its incredible what he has done.Of course he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.But after the last President Pee Wee Herman got one for doing nothing it would cheapen the award.A second term for Trump would be a better prize.

ROTFLOL...

You have a soft spot for the North Korean Propagandists?

What are you saying, that Trump running around claiming he deserves credit for progress in Korea isn't propaganda?

I fully understand your discomfort about this issue. President Trump is about to end the nuclear war threat in the Korean Peninsula...and you can't find a way to spin it in barry's favor.

I fully understand your discomfort about this issue. President Trump is about to end the nuclear war threat in the Korean Peninsula...and you can't find a way to spin it in barry's favor.

This is a false and inaccurate post.

The only nuclear war threat in the region was begun by the idiot Trump.

Lobbing some tweets at Kim and then claiming you solved the Korean peninsula is insulting. That's all it takes to solve complicated geopolitical problems, some tweeting? Besides me, the TDS guy, what about the North Korean spokesman, he's another TDS liberal too?

Yet somehow Kim has agreed to denuclearize, free American hostages and end the war with the South. That just happened by magic. The SK president credits Trump. Is he just stupid and you smart?

Trump amazes me.Its incredible what he has done.Of course he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.But after the last President Pee Wee Herman got one for doing nothing it would cheapen the award.A second term for Trump would be a better prize.

I thought you were referencing Trump though I though Pee Pee Herman would of been more appropriate.

The only nuclear war threat in the region was begun by the idiot Trump.

That "idiot" is fixing the problem. barry and his predecessors simply kept kicking the can down the road.

That "idiot" is fixing the problem. barry and his predecessors simply kept kicking the can down the road.

There wasn't much of a problem until Trump began to open his big mouth. Its good to hear that the Koreans don't give Trump any of the credit. he deserves none.

This is a false and inaccurate post.

Uncomfortable, huh? Perhaps you should take a break from this issue until it's over. Hey, you might just get your wish and have it blow up into a nuclear war!

Yet somehow Kim has agreed to denuclearize, free American hostages and end the war with the South. That just happened by magic. The SK president credits Trump. Is he just stupid and you smart?

Have the hostages been freed yet? Also, are you aware that hostages were freed when Obama was President, right???

There wasn't much of a problem until Trump began to open his big mouth. Its good to hear that the Koreans don't give Trump any of the credit. he deserves none.

Life must be grand living in an alternate reality.

WOW... you are actually that gullible? :doh

Tell that to South Korea's foreign minister Kang Kyung-wha: CNN ~ South Korea credits Trump for opening door to talks with North

Speaking ahead of Friday's historic summit between the leaders of North and South Korea, Kang Kyung-wha told CNN that the US President had played a significant role in bringing the two sides together.

"Clearly, credit goes to President Trump," Kang told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in Seoul. "He's been determined to come to grips with this from day one."

Ah, so now you are willing lean on the state run, NOKO media reports to back up your Trump hatred. You realize that is the same media that reported that Kims father carded a 38 under par his first time golfing:

https://www.thestar.com/sports/golf...ded_38under_par_at_pyongyang_golf_course.html

Seriously, you guys really need to climb down from the ledge.

The South Korean president and other South Koreans and area players deserve credit, not Trump. Moon actually ran his campaign on ending the war with the North. So, Trump smiling and taking credit, is just that, him smiling and taking credit.

What did Trump do, that hasn't been done before, that solved the problem? Obama did sanctions, were you praising him to the high heavens as the Great Peacemaker of the Korean peninsula?

Also Moon isn't stupid in praising Trump, he knows that Trump responds to adulation. That is a calculation on Moon's part, not him being deluded like the rest of Trump Fan Nation.

Back
Top Bottom