• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump, in reversal, says wealthy Americans should pay more taxes

Pick a topic. Any topic.

Has Trump spoken on that topic? If so - then it's very good odds that he has said a variety of things - some of them contradictory. Is that simply pandering... or is it more random?

Now... the key question: which of the various things he has said will YOU believe? What he's counting on is that you'll believe the one you'd like to believe. And will, therefore, vote for him.

I see there are some here who have fallen for it.

Bernie Sanders voted against gun control too. And no. Trump is not a monster. Just a master con artist. LOL.

...except, history is full of ignorant, thin-skinned, narcissists that once they acquire power, tend towards becoming monsters.

Some have voted staunch Republican in past Pres Elections? How many EC votes?

The map may or may not bee 100 % accurate. Still lays out clearly the paths that each have and the hurdles mentioned in the article that Trump has.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lem-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-donald-trump/

Thank you. I have posted this numerous times.... but people want to believe the Republicans can win the White House (and they can), but they want to characterize it as a jump ball (and its not). The path for any Republican is very narrow. Trump, is the one guy that might be able to forge his own path as as he has a shot to win a couple of rust belt states that usually go Dem. On the other hand, he also has a shot to lose a few sunbelt states that have tended purple as of late. So, not much gained if he gets MI and WI, but gives up GA, NC and AZ (in addition to losing FL).

Other articles on the same (there are a few):

The missing story of the 2014 election - GOPlifer
Can a Republican Win 270 Electoral Votes in 2016...or Ever? - The Daily Beast
The Democrats have a lock on the White House - MarketWatch
Bad Bet: Why Republicans Can’t Win With Whites Alone
http://www.2016election.com/how-republicans-should-address-their-shrinking-voter-base/
http://politicalwire.com/2015/03/03/how-republicans-can-win-in-2016/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...lem-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-donald-trump/
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-latino-gop-20150717-story.html
http://news.yahoo.com/badly-democrats-screw-lose-election-124318435.html
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-swing-the-election/

And the hits just keep on coming. There will be more.

By the time Election Day rolls around, Trump will be promising to relocate all the residents a Guadalajara to Kansas, and building mosques across the country

Trump said he viewed his original proposal as “a concept”

In Trumps mind, everything he promises is a "concept"

Pick a topic. Any topic.

Has Trump spoken on that topic? If so - then it's very good odds that he has said a variety of things - some of them contradictory. Is that simply pandering... or is it more random?

Now... the key question: which of the various things he has said will YOU believe? What he's counting on is that you'll believe the one you'd like to believe. And will, therefore, vote for him.

I see there are some here who have fallen for it.

Well, at least he tries to say something, rather than mouth non-offensive platitudes vetted by speech writers which typically hide what the candidate really stands for.

I admit his method of speech is pretty low-brow, but that's how most of us speak. :shrug:

That's why so many people are listening.

...except, history is full of ignorant, thin-skinned, narcissists that once they acquire power, tend towards becoming monsters.

There was that guy, what was his name again, Sadam? Yeah, that's who the Donald reminds me of.

Seriously though, Trump is a man who likes saying "you're fired" far more than saying "thank you", if he ever has.

Thank you. I have posted this numerous times.... but people want to believe the Republicans can win the White House (and they can), but they want to characterize it as a jump ball (and its not). The path for any Republican is very narrow. Trump, is the one guy that might be able to forge his own path as as he has a shot to win a couple of rust belt states that usually go Dem. On the other hand, he also has a shot to lose a few sunbelt states that have tended purple as of late. So, not much gained if he gets MI and WI, but gives up GA, NC and AZ (in addition to losing FL).

How Republicans Should Address Their Shrinking Voter Base - 2016 Election
At this point is is Clinton's to lose
HRC does not do well with white males. So she sets the tone, Trump wants to treat you spouse, working or not like crap.
Blacks- Bill & Obama will bring out that vote- Just invoking trump will play well
Florida was close in 2012- won with less than that swings to HRC.
1 % of the vote- yet now Florida has an 18 % Hispanic vote- 29 Electoral votes
HRC loses coal country
The rust belt, Trump may do well, but we shall see in the coming months more polls that the Devil has demons.
Now Trump is changing positions. How well will that play? What are his negs in battleground States?

Donald Trump stealing ideas from Bernie Sanders? Who would have thunk it? What has he supported or flip flopped on so far?

1) This - Rich people should pay more taxes.
2) Supports Planned Parenthood.
3) Supports food stamps and welfare.
4) Supports raising the minimum wage.
5) Yes, Trump wants to end Obamacare... However, he wants to replace it with the same kind of single payer health care that Bill Clinton attempted to roll out when he was president.

And the hits just keep on coming. There will be more. Expect him to stop talking about his wall very soon. That was just something he threw out there to get Republicans to vote for him. You just wait and see. Donald Trump may not be Conservative, but he is a marketer extraordinaire. Just call him the Pride of Madison Avenue.

Well, Republicans, there is the "Conservative" candidate you just nominated. You made the bed. Now it's time for you to lie in it.

And finally, Trump couldn't have gotten to where he is today without a whole party of gullible people to nominate him, and now he is coming out as Liberal on many issues. That's not his fault. That's YOUR fault for believing anything he said while running for the nomination. It's on YOU. Live with it.

Article is here.

Now that he seemingly has the nomination nailed down, we should see him offer the street the type of populist promise that social democracy has been so successful with buying votes in Europe.

Donald Trump stealing ideas from Bernie Sanders? Who would have thunk it? What has he supported or flip flopped on so far?

5) Yes, Trump wants to end Obamacare... However, he wants to replace it with the same kind of single payer health care that Bill Clinton attempted to roll out when he was president.

And the hits just keep on coming. There will be more. Expect him to stop talking about his wall very soon. That was just something he threw out there to get Republicans to vote for him. You just wait and see. Donald Trump may not be Conservative, but he is a marketer extraordinaire. Just call him the Pride of Madison Avenue.

Well, Republicans, there is the "Conservative" candidate you just nominated. You made the bed. Now it's time for you to lie in it.

And finally, Trump couldn't have gotten to where he is today without a whole party of gullible people to nominate him, and now he is coming out as Liberal on many issues. That's not his fault. That's YOUR fault for believing anything he said while running for the nomination. It's on YOU. Live with it.

Article is here.
Trump's original tax policy called for higher taxes on the wealthy. This move actually fills me with confidence that he's a man who's for the people.

How Republicans Should Address Their Shrinking Voter Base - 2016 Election

Then we have that Democratic phenom- Bernie- an email listing of donors, the young mainly, and highly active & motivated. HRC would love to have this listing, but I think Bernie will keep this, but throw support to HRC. The convention will be interesting as Bernie will have power to ensure some of his wants are on that final document.
Bernis supporters find Trump repugnant, and if push comes to shove in some Sates, will IMHO, vote in large numbers.

Trump's original tax policy called for higher taxes on the wealthy. This move actually fills me with confidence that he's a man who's for the people.

Nope - Another flip and flop- he has no other choice- so those sucked in, well he was Lying Donnie -
He still is Lying Donnie- just a different lie
Donald Trump's big tax cuts come at a big cost - Dec. 22, 2015

Tax cuts for all, but a boon for the rich

The Tax Policy Center analysis estimates that Trump's tax plan would cut taxes for everyone.

But the biggest tax benefit by far would go to the very wealthiest households.

Middle-income households would see their taxes cut by an average of $2,700, or 4.9% of after-tax income. Those in the top 0.1%, however, would see their taxes reduced by an average of $1.3 million, or 19% of their after-tax-income.

Now that he seemingly has the nomination nailed down, we should see him offer the street the type of populist promise that social democracy has been so successful with buying votes in Europe.

Yes I see him walking into a telephone booth after telephone booth, and coming out as the New Lying Donnie.

In an interview just the other day something like..

Trump: "higher taxes for the rich"
Q: "Define rich"
Trump "people like me :)"

He has also for a long time talked about increasing the effective tax rate on hedge fund guys like since he first announced..

Nope - Another flip and flop- he has no other choice- so those sucked in, well he was Lying Donnie -
He still is Lying Donnie- just a different lie
Donald Trump's big tax cuts come at a big cost - Dec. 22, 2015

Donald Trump Says He Wants to Raise Taxes on Himself - Bloomberg Politics

"That's right. That's right. I'm OK with it. You've seen my statements, I do very well, I don't mind paying some taxes. The middle class is getting clobbered in this country. You know the middle class built this country, not the hedge fund guys, but I know people in hedge funds that pay almost nothing and it's ridiculous, OK?"

In an interview just the other day something like..

Trump: "higher taxes for the rich"
Q: "Define rich"
Trump "people like me :)"

He has also for a long time talked about increasing the effective tax rate on hedge fund guys like since he first announced..

Yep. He said this from the very beginning and everyone who was paying attention knew it. But the Trump haters don't want information, they only want hatred.

Bernis supporters find Trump repugnant

Many Bernie supporters are nt the whining libtards you see, they are just also voting for a non-establishment candidate.. Many of them will come to Trump..

Especially how Trump talks about the dem election rigged for hillary with the supers..

Yep. He said this from the very beginning and everyone who was paying attention knew it. But the Trump haters don't want information, they only want hatred.

I have been paying attention... I'm going to see if I can find that clip..

I am actually for a number of those points. My support for Trump in this election is based on two things.

1. He will put a pro-Second Amendment Justice on SCOTUS. My right of self-defense is the pillar of liberty in a free society.

Donald Trump on Gun Control

2. He is NOT the monster he has been painted by his enemies in the powers behind both the Democratic and Republican parties. The mere fact that they fear him so much they feel the need to devote so much time, effort, and money in character assassination makes him MY choice this time around.

Monster? No...moron. A flip-flopping, xenophobic, narcissistic moron.

He wants to put a 45% tariff on...that would spell economic disaster; which is why no POTUS in generations is for such an insane policy. It helps no one and severely hurts the poor (as it raises the price of almost everything AND/OR destroys employment).
He is talking about defaulting on debt. What kind of a complete moron talks about defaulting on U.S. bonds? The ENTIRE point of U.S. bonds is that they are supposed to be safe.
He did not even know what the nuclear triad was...THE most important aspect of being POTUS - which proves he is clueless.
He wants to ban Muslims entering America. How staggeringly xenophobic can you get?

Now he is starting to flip flop like mad. First he wants to lower taxes...now he is talking about raising them for the rich (which is okay - but goes to cred).
He says he daoes not know how people make it on $7.25 and then he later says he is against raising the federal minimum wage.
He has flip flopped on healthcare several times.

If you think you can count on him to put your precious 2'nd Amendment SCOTUS in - you are naive, imo.

Your boy has NO CHANCE in November, imo (unless Hilary gets convicted of a major crime)...NONE. Unless he changes something radically...he is going to get swamped and do tons of damage to the Republican Party in the process.

Many Bernie supporters are nt the whining libtards you see, they are just also voting for a non-establishment candidate.. Many of them will come to Trump..

Especially how Trump talks about the dem election rigged for hillary with the supers..

You don't know 'liptards' very well if you think that.

No Bernie supporter (within reason) is going to support a POTUS candidate who talks about banning Muslims from entering America. Most Bernie supporters do not have the hate/fear on for Muslims like Trump supporters seem to have.

BTW - I am neither Rep nor dem.

If you think you can count on him to put your precious 2'nd Amendment SCOTUS in - you are naive, imo.

You think there is a better or worse chance of hillary doing it?

I am actually for a number of those points. My support for Trump in this election is based on two things.

1. He will put a pro-Second Amendment Justice on SCOTUS. My right of self-defense is the pillar of liberty in a free society.

Donald Trump on Gun Control

2. He is NOT the monster he has been painted by his enemies in the powers behind both the Democratic and Republican parties. The mere fact that they fear him so much they feel the need to devote so much time, effort, and money in character assassination makes him MY choice this time around.

For starters, there are significant reasons why the "powers behind both parties" are "afraid" of Trump. And that is because the things that he says and the policy positions that he has suggested would cause massive economic, social, and environmental destruction. As recently as three days ago, he suggested defaulting on the debt as a viable method for reducing the national deficit.

Secondly, you are a one issue voter - but are you sure that you can trust Trump on that one issue? After all, gun control is something he has supported in the past - including a support for banning assault weapons in 2000. Now, you can quote his web page on his gun control issue now, but what do you think that Trump's website said about taxes before today? What do you think it will say tomorrow?

You don't know 'liptards' very well if you think that.

I said.. "Many Bernie supporters are not the whining libtards you see"

Article is here.

That's been Trump's position all along. How does he have the conservatives all wetting themselves over him?

Wait. You are telling me that his original plan called for raising taxes on the wealthy....

And then he flipped to a plan that called for reducing taxes on the wealthy...

And now that he has flipped back to a plan for raising taxes on the wealthy, you are filled with confidence?!?!

Back
Top Bottom