• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump, in reversal, says wealthy Americans should pay more taxes

Many Bernie supporters are nt the whining libtards you see, they are just also voting for a non-establishment candidate.. Many of them will come to Trump..

Especially how Trump talks about the dem election rigged for hillary with the supers..

*coughnotasnowballschanceinhellcough*

Monster? No...moron. A flip-flopping, xenophobic, narcissistic moron.

Thank you for also agreeing that he is not a monster.

As for the rest, you are, of course entitled to your opinion. :coffeepap:

Many Bernie supporters are nt the whining libtards you see, they are just also voting for a non-establishment candidate.. Many of them will come to Trump..

Especially how Trump talks about the dem election rigged for hillary with the supers..

David Duke can only round up certain types of voters.

You are probably correct.. But duke is on no ballot..

HRC may win more of the popular vote than Obama did, back to back.

HRC may win more of the popular vote than Obama did, back to back.

then why does she have so much difficulty pulling in people to attend her primary events?

then why does she have so much difficulty pulling in people to attend her primary events?

Bernie?
No denying the fact many do not like her, myself included.
Now the game has changed.

Wait. You are telling me that his original plan called for raising taxes on the wealthy....

And then he flipped to a plan that called for reducing taxes on the wealthy...

And now that he has flipped back to a plan for raising taxes on the wealthy, you are filled with confidence?!?!
Yeah. Because a certain segment of the population hear "raise taxes on the wealthy" and they just wet themselves in panic because they've been brainwashed into believing that rich people are these benevolent rulers. You have to give them scraps so that they're happy. They're the ones who watch corporations ship their jobs overseas "because taxes are too high" (lulz) and they're too stupid to realize that that's just grizzle for them to chew on. They're the knuckle dragging mouth-breathers that would have died of starvation in any other part of the world but Kudzu grows everywhere in the American south and so they just keep persisting on. They're the conservatives that I've always railed against and I truly despise them because they support a "race to the bottom mentality that hurts this country. They're so self-destructive that they literally have to be tricked into voting for their own self-interests.

Trump might be lying about renegotiating trade deals and I know that him building the wall is just more grizzle. But the difference is that Trump might be lying, Hillary is 100% beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt lying about just about any populist position she advocates. I'll take my chances.

Last edited:
For starters, there are significant reasons why the "powers behind both parties" are "afraid" of Trump. And that is because the things that he says and the policy positions that he has suggested would cause massive economic, social, and environmental destruction. As recently as three days ago, he suggested defaulting on the debt as a viable method for reducing the national deficit.

Secondly, you are a one issue voter - but are you sure that you can trust Trump on that one issue? After all, gun control is something he has supported in the past - including a support for banning assault weapons in 2000. Now, you can quote his web page on his gun control issue now, but what do you think that Trump's website said about taxes before today? What do you think it will say tomorrow?

I am not a "one-issue" voter. During this campaign the most important issue is preserving individual rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment because there is currently one slot, and possibly more than one open/opening on SCOTUS for the President to fill in the next four year term.

I know that Hillary will stack the court with anti-individualist justices.

I prefer to hope that Trump will not.

Indiana will no doubt go for Trump. If Trump picks Kasich as his running mate, he picks off Ohio. The others, however, are very problematic for him.

No way Kasich would sell out his professed ideals by running with Trump. Pigs will fly first.

I am not a "one-issue" voter. During this campaign the most important issue is preserving individual rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment because there is currently one slot, and possibly more than one open/opening on SCOTUS for the President to fill in the next four year term.

Keep on praying is all I can suggest then.

I would place that squarely at the feet of the fact that she is a typical politician only in the sense that she is a career politician that is used to working with other politicians. That is a far cry from the typical politician as one that makes soaring speeches or is extremely charismatic.

Yeah. Because a certain segment of the population hear "raise taxes on the wealthy" and they just wet themselves in panic because they've been brainwashed into believing that rich people are these benevolent rulers. You have to give them scraps so that they're happy. They're the ones who watch corporations ship their jobs overseas "because taxes are too high" (lulz) and they're too stupid to realize that that's just grizzle for them to chew on. They're the knuckle dragging mouth-breathers that would have died of starvation in any other part of the world but Kudzu grows everywhere in the American south and so they just keep persisting on. They're the conservatives that I've always railed against and I truly despise them because they support a "race to the bottom mentality that hurts this country. They're so self-destructive that they literally have to be tricked into voting for their own self-interests.

Trump might be lying about renegotiating trade deals and I know that him building the wall is just more grizzle. But the difference is that Trump might be lying, Hillary is 100% beyond a reasonable shadow of a doubt lying about just about any populist position she advocates. I'll take my chances.

I can't fault your logic, although I would dispute the claims about Hillary - but not with anything that's verifiable because we're predicting the future based on past behaviors. I would argue that Hillary's shifts have been calculated, measured, and a reflection of larger socioeconomic movements within society.

Trump's shifts have been so haphazard and so spontaneous that it becomes incredibly difficult for me to have any faith in a position that he has taken.

And given that we are entrusting someone with the most powerful position in the world, one that has very few checks once they obtain that power, I just will not agree to that type of granted authority absent some level of confidence that they will follow through with their promises.

Yep. He said this from the very beginning and everyone who was paying attention knew it. But the Trump haters don't want information, they only want hatred.

So your true colors are out now. You are a Trump supporter.

The hell we will. Man is that a delusional statement!

Bernie?
No denying the fact many do not like her, myself included.
Now the game has changed.

i don't see her getting out the vote
will need Bernie, and Liz, and Obama
even then the motivation will be to vote against tRump and not for hillary

i could appreciate the reasoning behind that approach

until i learned tRump promised any supreme court nominee will first be blessed by the heritage foundation

i could appreciate the reasoning behind that approach

until i learned tRump promised any supreme court nominee will first be blessed by the heritage foundation

Meaning?

I checked their website. Are they against the Second Amendment?

If not, why should I care?

As long as my fundamental right to keep and bear arms is not infringed, I can act to protect any other rights my government tries to restrict.

Trump's original tax policy called for higher taxes on the wealthy. This move actually fills me with confidence that he's a man who's for the people.

Why?

There's nothing in his record that indicates he is "for the people." His record clearly shows that he is "for Trump"

What a bunch of crap. I saw the interview and Reuters is taking a lot of creative liberty with its reporting.

Donald Trump stealing ideas from Bernie Sanders? Who would have thunk it? What has he supported or flip flopped on so far?

1) This - Rich people should pay more taxes.
2) Supports Planned Parenthood.
3) Supports food stamps and welfare.
4) Supports raising the minimum wage.
5) Yes, Trump wants to end Obamacare... However, he wants to replace it with the same kind of single payer health care that Bill Clinton attempted to roll out when he was president.

And the hits just keep on coming. There will be more. Expect him to stop talking about his wall very soon. That was just something he threw out there to get Republicans to vote for him. You just wait and see. Donald Trump may not be Conservative, but he is a marketer extraordinaire. Just call him the Pride of Madison Avenue.

Well, Republicans, there is the "Conservative" candidate you just nominated. You made the bed. Now it's time for you to lie in it.

And finally, Trump couldn't have gotten to where he is today without a whole party of gullible people to nominate him, and now he is coming out as Liberal on many issues. That's not his fault. That's YOUR fault for believing anything he said while running for the nomination. It's on YOU. Live with it.

Article is here.

Your "hope and change."

You forgot the flopping around like a fish gasping for air on cannabis reform. I have lost track of how many times he has changed his opinion on this matter.

How about Hillary flip-flopping on same sex marriage? But that's OK with you I'll bet.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065845617 said:
How about Hillary flip-flopping on same sex marriage? But that's OK with you I'll bet.

Do not care about gay marriage.

Trump was for legalizing and regulating before he suddenly decided to become a Republican.

Donald Trump stealing ideas from Bernie Sanders? Who would have thunk it? What has he supported or flip flopped on so far?

1) This - Rich people should pay more taxes.
2) Supports Planned Parenthood.
3) Supports food stamps and welfare.
4) Supports raising the minimum wage.
5) Yes, Trump wants to end Obamacare... However, he wants to replace it with the same kind of single payer health care that Bill Clinton attempted to roll out when he was president.

And the hits just keep on coming. There will be more. Expect him to stop talking about his wall very soon. That was just something he threw out there to get Republicans to vote for him. You just wait and see. Donald Trump may not be Conservative, but he is a marketer extraordinaire. Just call him the Pride of Madison Avenue.

Well, Republicans, there is the "Conservative" candidate you just nominated. You made the bed. Now it's time for you to lie in it.

And finally, Trump couldn't have gotten to where he is today without a whole party of gullible people to nominate him, and now he is coming out as Liberal on many issues. That's not his fault. That's YOUR fault for believing anything he said while running for the nomination. It's on YOU. Live with it.

Article is here.

Trump is a marketer whose views change based on who is the the room with him. In the next couple of months what you will see is Trump leaving behind all his hard core loyal supporters because he no longer HAS to be in the room with them. Sometimes sure, on the campaign trail, but he will have to talk to everyone else too. If he actually does win, he will do a complete 180 and change all his viewpoints because he will not have to deal with the poorly educated any longer. That's for sure, And I think that's going to be very hard for him to do. Many people think he will figure it out, but I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom