• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump hedges when asked whether he would transfer power peacefully

Not a spec of logic in the entire post; emotions, opinions, a touch of false bravado, but no logic.

Your opinion.

True patriots would agree that a president saying he will not agree to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election is WRONG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your opinion.

True patriots would agree that a president saying he will not agree to a peaceful transfer of power if he loses the election is WRONG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
isn't it incredible the amount of people that follow Trump that are willing to throw out our entire country just to get their way?

Lefty buds:

Spread this one far and wide. He’s a coward. We got this.

Bush v Gore was a peaceful transfer of power.

You missed my point. Had Bush accepted the incorrect election results and conceded too quickly without a legal battle, the wrong man would have been the President.

Trump is only alluding to a possible legal fight after the election. Mostly due to the sketchy nature of mail in voting and counting.

Did you not read/hear what Trump said? TRUMP is the one who is saying he is not committed to a peaceful transfer of power. How is the left being histrionic when the President is making these statements?

Do you really believe half of what he says? Do you not understand most is showmanship?

He's already stated he will not accept mail-in ballots, and this is how a huge portion of the American population is going to vote.

The time to be concerned about Trump's fascism...is....NOW.

The time for people to stop apologizing for Trump...is...NOW.

Allow me to help you. As soon as you say "fascism" you lose your argument.

How many fascists were as friendly to Israel and the Jewish people as Donald Trump has been?

Pick a different word for you complaints. That one doesn't work.

Your opinion.

I agree.

Unfortunately, Hillary said the same thing. Do not concede the election, no matter what.

Pelosi talked about using arrows in her quiver. Don Lemon said we might have to blow everything up.

This is a two-way street.

I'm not laughing. The future of our democratic system depends on an orderly transfer of power on Jan. 20. Trump has already commented that he liked the idea of being president for life or running for a 3rd term.
I think you people need to learn how to differentiate between direct conversation and jokes. Before thinking you have the capacity to be involved, or even worried about such notions.

I agree.

Unfortunately, Hillary said the same thing. Do not concede the election, no matter what.

Pelosi talked about using arrows in her quiver. Don Lemon said we might have to blow everything up.

This is a two-way street.
No, unfortunately for posters like George. They are the only ones who should be allowed to do so. Up to and including endorsing all sorts of heinous activities.

Trump just isn't allowed to do it, because he's Trump. It's as simple as that.

You missed my point. Had Bush accepted the incorrect election results and conceded too quickly without a legal battle, the wrong man would have been the President.

Trump is only alluding to a possible legal fight after the election. Mostly due to the sketchy nature of mail in voting and counting.

Do you really believe half of what he says? Do you not understand most is showmanship?
no one asked him not to contest a vote that was that close. He still lost the popular vote, but he won the electors in Florida. I voted for him and remember the election well....and Gore conceded when the Supreme Court said the vote was done and verified.

I think you people need to learn how to differentiate between direct conversation and jokes. Before thinking you have the capacity to be involved, or even worried about such notions.
Trump wasn't joking when he said he will get electors that are loyalist placed in states and have them ignore the results of the voters in those states and vote for him anyway.

Trump wasn't joking when he said he will get electors that are loyalist placed in states and have them ignore the results of the voters in those states and vote for him anyway.
Really going to need a citation and quote for that one.

isn't it incredible the amount of people that follow Trump that are willing to throw out our entire country just to get their way?
Yes, it is. But don't assume the posts you respond to aren't just Russian bots. Anything to destabilize America and promote their puppet.

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”

― Joseph Stalin

Allow me to help you. As soon as you say "fascism" you lose your argument.

How many fascists were as friendly to Israel and the Jewish people as Donald Trump has been?

Pick a different word for you complaints. That one doesn't work.

Because he’s nice to a country that placates his anti-Semitic evangelicals, his demand that votes be thrown out or there will be violence is taken off the table?

He’s a fascist. There is no argument anymore. If a Democrat Pres said what he said you would not be struggling and making such silly arguments.

Really going to need a citation and quote for that one.
good lord can you not watch the news once in awhile?

• The Trump campaign is weighing a postelection strategy that would bypass the results in key swing states by installing electors who would vote for the president in the Electoral College even if he loses, according to a report by The Atlantic.

Have any of those reporters asked biden the same question?
Biden isn't president. Now I see why you call yourself trouble, you think someone who isn't president should be asked if they will turn power over, what power? Must be tough not understanding daily life.

The problem is, in his deranged mind, he's not a loser, and he can't be a loser, and there's something wrong with the world if he's a loser.

Trump will not concede.

He's telegraphing his intentions.

We all have to be prepared for this.
I’m prepared. I plan on planting a garden should he win. Do you plan on leaving the country? I hear that’s a popular choice among celebrities.

I'm not laughing. The future of our democratic system depends on an orderly transfer of power on Jan. 20. Trump has already commented that he liked the idea of being president for life or running for a 3rd term.
So the spying and attempted coup by Obama and his hacks really bothered you?

ROTFLOL... hypocrite.

My wife is friends with someone who had a business dinner with a client and his wife. The topic of politics came up and these two said that, "Trump was sent by God to fix the country." This isn't normal differences in policies. This is a cult.

I can't understand how seemingly intelligent people can dismiss everything that they know -- his sexual history, his unsavory business dealings, his habitual lying and think that God sent him.

Back
Top Bottom