• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Furious at GOP's Bad Showing in Mid Terms

The interesting thing is, this appears to be exactly how Trump sees his base.

Trump's Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

...as cowardly racists.

At least that's the strategy he used to energize the base.

The GOP base was always going to turn out. The conveniently timed caravan helped the MSM keep up their drumbeat about the nasty Trump sending troops to the border. We could have done without it.

This story is laughable. 37 house seats lost is the average for Presidents since WWII with sub 50% approval ratings. Remember, Obama lost 63 in 2010. Also, the GOP had a wave of retirements so they lost the advantage of incumbency in many House races. Yet, they gained Senate seats. All things considered, and after two years of relentless savaging of Trump by the left and the MSM, the GOP did pretty well.

I think the problem is that despite the tax cuts, no new war, economy and stock market strong, labor market strong, that Trump is below 50%.

In 2010, the economy was out of recession and growing, but still WAY, WAY below the 2007 peak, and so lots of economic uncertainty. The ACA was also a huge piece of legislation with lots of uncertainty. Neither applies here - Trump passed huge giveaways of federal candy, no spending cuts, no particular reason for a rejection of the GOP in so many areas.

You conveniently omit that Trump became the GOP nominee from Democrats voting in open primaries hoping to give Hillary an unelectable opponent so that 2016 could be a coronation for Hillary rather than an election. While Trump leaves a lot to be desired, I'm happy that the Democrat's little game backfired on them.

Nobody cares about Hillary anymore except angry old conservative White Men...Democrats looking to get a Plus 40 in the House...A Nice ass Kicking I'd say

90%+ of the population is racist to some extent. Stop acting like your **** doesn't stink.

It only stinks a little less than their hypocrisy and baldfaced lying about conservatives.

You conveniently omit that Trump became the GOP nominee from Democrats voting in open primaries hoping to give Hillary an unelectable opponent so that 2016 could be a coronation for Hillary rather than an election. While Trump leaves a lot to be desired, I'm happy that the Democrat's little game backfired on them.

LOL, you can't be serious. Trump isn't Democrats' fault, and if he was so objectionable to the GOP base, why does he enjoy huge support (91%!!!) from Republicans?

That's pathetic stuff..... Poe's Law worthy actually.

90%+ of the population is racist to some extent. Stop acting like your **** doesn't stink.

So, you got nothing but more of your uniformed opinion.

Why don't you ever provide some primary sources for your assertions? I do. That's how rational debates work: people provide reputable sources for their claims.

The GOP base was always going to turn out.

And Trump based his strategy on energizing his base on fear, hatred, and racism. That's what Trump thought would motivate his base. Trump's actions confirm he thinks his base is largely composed of cowardly racists.

The conveniently timed caravan helped the MSM keep up their drumbeat about the nasty Trump sending troops to the border. We could have done without it.

Now it's the MSM fault that Trump used straight up racial fear to energize his base? That Trump appears to think his base is largely composed of cowardly racists. What Trump thinks of his base is the MSM's fault?

Christ, how about conservatives taking responsibility for their actions?

Last edited:
This story is laughable. 37 house seats lost is the average for Presidents since WWII with sub 50% approval ratings. Remember, Obama lost 63 in 2010. Also, the GOP had a wave of retirements so they lost the advantage of incumbency in many House races. Yet, they gained Senate seats. All things considered, and after two years of relentless savaging of Trump by the left and the MSM, the GOP did pretty well.

The story is about Trump. It is one of many reporting on his sour post election mood. But nice to see not everyone has lost hope. Except for the radical GOP gerrymandering following the 2010 midterms the losses would have been greater. Yes, moderate gerrymandering had been done in the past as you've pointed out elsewhere, but Republicans took it to a level that made Democrats look like political teetotalers by comparison.

It only stinks a little less than their hypocrisy and baldfaced lying about conservatives.

You mean like stating Trump's campaign strategy:

Or basing our assertions on numerous studies published in peer reviewed journals

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

Oh my god, those nasty liberals...they're using reality! Why won't they just believe what Trump and Hannity tell them to believe?!??!!??

Last edited:
The GOP base was always going to turn out. The conveniently timed caravan helped the MSM keep up their drumbeat about the nasty Trump sending troops to the border. We could have done without it.

The TRUMP base may have turned out. The GOP base is not the same thing. For starters, it's a smarter strategy to frame the border/immigration debate around human trafficking rather than around who is coming here.

Nobody cares about Hillary anymore except angry old conservative White Men...Democrats looking to get a Plus 40 in the House...A Nice ass Kicking I'd say

They've picked up 34 seats and are behind in four of the seven outstanding races. 37 seats is right on the average and you need to gain Senate seats to accomplish an ass kicking.

You mean like stating Trump's campaign strategy:

Or basing our assertions on numerous studies published in peer reviewed journals

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

Oh my god, those nasty liberals...they're using reality! Why won't they just believe what Trump and Hannity tell them to believe?!??!!??

So, liberals pontificating and manifesting their hatred of Trump and conservatives now qualifies as "science". Riiiigghht.......

You are aware that Clinton Corp Apparatchik Mark Penn claims that she will run yet again in 2020.....

https://www.wnct.com/news/national/...ton-will-run-for-president-in-2020/1596325521

Translation: They've spotted us...

h65CBE5F5

So here is where this mid-term race was lost across the board. Trump got rebuked mainly by White Americans, lots of them women. The Millennials didn't show up again. Latinos didn't really show up again.

White Americans showed up and said nope to Donald. Independents flipped by 24% across the board from +12 for the GOP and Trump to +12 for Dem candidates. That is a monster flip. 24% of Independents is not likely a number that can be overwhelmed by anything either major party can bring to the table.

He behaved like a spoiled child in France, then blamed it on the Secret Service. Nothing is ever his fault. Not a good character trait in a president.

So many excuses for that. First there was the rain he didn't like. Then it was that the weather that inhibited his ability to get there. Then he tried to play altruistic and said he didn't want to cause traffic issues in France. Last I read he was blaming his handlers for the bad optics of his own choice.

Mark Penn...LMAO. Last seen as a Clinton adviser in 2008.

Who's next to quote? Hannity?

I had you as a serious guy....Penn is a smart guy who has in recent years has taken up Truth Telling as a hobby, plus he knows the Clintons better than almost anyone else....His words here have gravitas.

Plus if I have quoted Hannity three times in this life I would be surprised.

I had you as a serious guy....Penn is a smart guy who has in recent years has taken up Truth Telling as a hobby, plus he knows the Clintons better than almost anyone else....His words here have gravitas.

Plus if I have quoted Hannity three times in this life I would be surprised.

My point was Mark Penn is as we speak an outsider, who has no more authority to opine on Clinton's plans in 2020 than Hannity or any other person no longer in Hillary's inner circle. Why do I care what an ignorant outsider thinks about Hillary's future plans?

As it relates to Mark Penn in general, he seems to have found a niche in the "even this DEMOCRAT!!!" believes whatever it is the right wing is pushing at the moment. I can tell you on the actual left, his opinions are given as much weight as Hannity these days, none, which was my point.

Back
Top Bottom