• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Floats Idea of Delaying U.S. Presidential Election

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Trump raises idea of election ‘delay’ as he makes unsupported claims of mail-in voting fraud

It's not much of an article because it just happened less than 15 mins ago, but...

06f11a6370.png

Welp.... Here we go folks! Trump finally is beginning to take the polls seriously.

Re: Trump raises idea of election ‘delay’ as he makes unsupported claims of mail-in voting fraud

It's not much of an article because it just happened less than 15 mins ago, but...

06f11a6370.png

Welp.... Here we go folks! Trump finally is beginning to take the polls seriously.

Desperation by the frightened lying sack of crap.

He does not have the authority, and this is just gonna make him look worse.

Voters know that mail in voting works, and it is safe, and all the scare tactics that this clown tries ain't gonna work.

Re: Trump raises idea of election ‘delay’ as he makes unsupported claims of mail-in voting fraud

LMAO watch the left go absolutely bat**** crazy over this....while missing something that's actually serious go on......

We didn't delay the election in either WWII or the Civil War.

There *might* have been an actual cause for concern via COVID that *might* have warranted considering the election date, but basing it off the fear of voter fraud by mail in voting makes it clear this is just political fearmongering.

Cue the Trumpists insisting that this is totally fine and certainly not an example of the insanity we've been forced to get used to coming from the White House.

LMAO watch the left go absolutely bat**** crazy over this....while missing something that's actually serious go on......

Anyone who does not hate America should take issue with a president toying with this. Trumpists would have ended up institutionalized if Obama had pulled it.

Especially since the Bush DOJ spent five years trying to prove your lie of a "voter fraud" narrative and came up with virtually nothing.

[FONT=&quot]The Bush DOJ came up with either 86 or 87 cases of technically invalidly cast ballot, but not fraudulently cast ballots, after searching from 2003-2007. Then, about 30-40 cases of actual prosecuted vote fraud over some period of time I don't recall, but in national elections, and only about 30% of them were convicted.
[/FONT]

In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - The New York Times

Last edited:

The election won't be delayed. We will vote by mail just like the orange precious does.

The president talking about delaying an election is something that's actually serious.

I'll bet you would have been just fine if Obama had done this. :roll:

Vote by mail works, in AZ 80% use vote by mail. This week, I received my ballot for next week's primary election.

ballot2.jpg

I filled it out, and signed it, my signature is on file at the recorder's office.

I sent it in, and registered with the recorder so that I would receive texts when they got the ballot, and when my signature was verified, and that my vote has been counted. This is NOT a provisional ballot, my vote has already been counted.

I got the texts for each step, as shown here:

vote proof.jpg

All the scare tactics in the world won't work because Voting by mail works!

Voter suppression is key to his election strategy.

Your side doesn't drive?

This is fascism, pure and simple.

6c3ddfa28e728896377ca6bb8107b0e9e35fe8e6.jpg

The election won't be delayed. We will vote by mail just like the orange precious does.

He knows that though. He's setting the scene so when he loses he wont leave office citing fraud and a leftist coup.

I'd propose the opposite. Lets hold the election in August and get this **** term presidency over with.

Any attempts to justify this with cries of "voter fraud" is no more than the telling of lies to support of fascism.

Especially since the Bush DOJ spent five years trying to prove your lie of a "voter fraud" narrative and came up with virtually nothing.

[FONT=&quot]The Bush DOJ came up with either 86 or 87 cases of technically invalidly cast ballot, but not fraudulently cast ballots, after searching from 2003-2007. Then, about 30-40 cases of actual prosecuted vote fraud over some period of time I don't recall, but in national elections, and only about 30% of them were convicted.
[/FONT]

In 5-Year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - The New York Times

"Election fraud" as something with even the slightest relevance in a national election is a lie. And if anything, the people who've generally been in the news in the last few years were Trump supporters who voted where they shouldn't, or voted twice themselves out of fear of Trump's lies about illegals voting.

He knows that though. He's setting the scene so when he loses he wont leave office citing fraud and a leftist coup.

Then the Secret Service can arrest him for trespass just like any other nutter.

I agree with this, and I think the risk of Civil War has just gone up tremendously.

Then the Secret Service can arrest him for trespass just like any other nutter.

It's not just about Trump, it's also about Trump's fascist supporters.

Back
Top Bottom