• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Declines NAACP Invite

What percentage of the people do you think Trump would represent?

Would it be more than the 50% we have right now being represented by this President?

Maybe as much as 35%, that is until he were elected and sworn in, then he one only represent one citizen, Trump, that is how narcissists view the world.

It is only 106.7 miles one way to get there.

Why shouldn't he take the better part of a day to go there and back with all the secret service.

The convention is not really important compared to talking to a whole lot of people that won't vote for him anyway.

But the NAACP tactic is a smart political move. You and I see the issue. Low information voters see the headline. TRUMP REFUSES TO SPEAK AT NAACP CONVENTION.

We have to remember that most recent GOP Presidential candidates decline speaking at this convention.

No, she wouldn't. It was coordinated from the outset. I wonder if Hillary would leave her convention to speak to the NRA.

Correct because she disagrees with the NRA's stand on the issues, namely gun ownership, as does Trump with the NAACP's stand on the issues, meaning the advancement of colored people.

Actually, the people creating the division are those accusing Trump of racism. Keep in mind that I think that Trump is not an honest person and is hands down the worst GOP nominee ever, but I've never seen him say anything racist. There have been comments he's made that people have assigned racism to, based on their own hatred of Trump, but I've yet to hear an actual comment from him that was racist. Noe Clinton on the other hand:
Top Ten Examples Of Hillary Clinton’s Racism The Media Chooses To Ignore
Why are you focused on racism?

I'm calling him a divider - and he is, right out of the box before he's even been elected!

We have to remember that most recent GOP Presidential candidates decline speaking at this convention.

Along with a slew of other notable conservatives, ad those that do show up will look like they eat something that is not sitting well. Oh there will be a handful of kissarses hoping to get a job under the Donald but the majority of Conservatives know what Trump is and he is Not one of them. Dismal election all the way around.

Along with a slew of other notable conservatives, ad those that do show up will look like they eat something that is not sitting well. Oh there will be a handful of kissarses hoping to get a job under the Donald but the majority of Conservatives know what Trump is and he is Not one of them. Dismal election all the way around.

I don't think this is a big story.

It just plays well this year (for the moment), because while previous candidates were abstractly accused of racism and stuff like that it didn't really jive. GOPers had reasonable talking points about how the NAACP is a liberal institution, media folks said 90% of blacks are Democrat voters anyway, so it's a wash Trump is much much more animated and out front with playing racial and ethnic tensions.

So they can play the race card. Trump is a racist for turning us down.

Trump was a racist long before he turned the NAACP down.

Not what I said... The NAACP clearly used it's position to support one candidate over another and that is a violation of it's 501(c3) status. Yes, they did it in such a way as to be able to maintain a show of conformity, but if you step back and be honest about it, there's NO doubt that this was an intentional choice by the NAACP. They made sure that Trump couldn't attend their convention by making it completely impractical for Trump to attend and then provided Clinton with the same opportunity but in such a way as to make it not easy for her, but to put her in a position to speak in opposition to the GOP convention. Do you think that 501(c3) orgs. should be allowed to support candidates??
No, these items are not "clear" and not leaving "no doubt" at all - and it doesn't matter a damn even if you so believe it! You've produced no evidence to this effect.

You're proposing the IRS be used as a whip for government to determine when, and when not, a private entity can schedule their events! Based upon your personal partisan beliefs!

We can have this debate all day long, and you can attempt to couch it in whatever terms you so chose, but you're fighting a loosing battle here - and for what, I don't know.

Interesting point, and maybe that's part of the problem.

So, black are progressive, leftist piles of crap? The black vote will cost Trump the White House.

Actually it's Trump's "Let's alienate every conceivable demographic but poor white men" that will cost Trump the White House. Not that I mind.

Yeah, some uniter he's going to be! :lamo

You want a divided broken country? Trump's your guy!

Funny how some are calling the President a "divider". They obviously haven't seen anything, yet!

We have one already.

I don't really blame him. With all the **** that BLM has been spewing, do you honestly think something wouldn't turn violent. They would obviously protest him being there, and some crazy loon would probably try to kill him.

Interesting point, and maybe that's part of the problem.

It's a chicken and the egg problem.

The NAACP is liberal and closely aligned with the Democratic Party. But are they liberal and aligned with the Democratic Party because the GOP both doesn't reach out to them and don't quite grasp or agree with African American concerns?

Liberals and African Americans had an answer to that in the past. Trump merely confirms it in spades.

The NAACP ought to be embarrassed by this display. The scheduled it at the same time as the GOP convention then say "oh man he declined".

In 2008 the NAACP hosted a GOP primary Debate. Why didn't they hold one this year? The GOP has shunned opportunities to speak to minorities in the past, but this is the opposite situation. Minority organizations are refusing to reach out to the GOP.

The NAACP ought to be embarrassed by this display. T

But, but, but...

Quote Originally Posted by reinoe
If Trump is attracting racist of all kinds then that's even more proof that he's a uniter and will bring people together.

The NAACP ought to be embarrassed by this display. The scheduled it at the same time as the GOP convention then say "oh man he declined".

In 2008 the NAACP hosted a GOP primary Debate. Why didn't they hold one this year? The GOP has shunned opportunities to speak to minorities in the past, but this is the opposite situation. Minority organizations are refusing to reach out to the GOP.

I did not know that but assuming that you are right the embarrassment is the "journalists" editors and headline writers who are pretending that this was a valid invite.

Yes, really, he was already scheduled for something else. He is only a President of ALL the people if he clears his schedule to pander to an organization of racists?

Yes, really, he was already scheduled for something else. He is only a President of ALL the people if he clears his schedule to pander to an organization of racists?

Nope. He would not be the President of all Americans because he is a Narcissist, look up the term. Then look up Liberal, and you may even see The Donalds picture.

Back
Top Bottom