• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Declines NAACP Invite

Kind of sad that the presumptive nominee for a major political party is unable to even have a conversation with a large minority group. I'm sure the narcissist, sociopath will blame everyone but himself for this fact.

He isnt the one engaging in violence or censorship wherever he goes. He might be the inspiration, but not the cause.

Kind of sad that the presumptive nominee for a major political party is unable to even have a conversation with a large minority group. I'm sure the narcissist, sociopath will blame everyone but himself for this fact.
Yeah, some uniter he's going to be! :lamo

You want a divided broken country? Trump's your guy!

Funny how some are calling the President a "divider". They obviously haven't seen anything, yet!

Yep. And? Is using such a person as an example in illustrating a point of view too much for the lefties to grasp? I sure cause quite a panty knotting party there among the fringe. :)

essentially the same kind of things leftists say about conservatives.

it's a never ending squabble.

the problem is leftists don't understand or recognize how its going to work out if they were to ever succeed with all of their plans for big government power and economic ideas.

there's a great chance that most of them will not enjoy it.
Weak.

Well Hillary has accepted, but then, she's pandering as hard as she can to solidify her hold on the black vote. She'll say whatever they want to hear and will receive a glowing reception. I view Trump as an unfortunate choice in many respects, but I surely don't blame him for not attending what would amount to a political lynching. OTOH, the NAACP doesn't represent the entirety of the black vote in this country, either. They just act as if they do.

Of course she did, since they didn't schedule their convention in conflict with the DNC convention... They handed her a bully pulpit to shout from in opposition to the GOP convention. This kind of thing should cost the NAACP their non-profit status. They are taking intentional steps to support one candidate over the other and as a 501(c3) org, that is expressly forbidden.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-p...n-by-section-501-c-3-tax-exempt-organizations
The NAACP vs. the IRS

It is probably good he did not accept, it would have gotten ugly. That said the NAACP did accomplish their goal, they proved that Trump would not be the President of ALL the People. But then again that was a given.

No, the NAACP has only themselves to blame. They set this up so that Trump have to decline, just to get the kind of reaction you're showing. Had they not intentionally scheduled this in conflict with the GOP convention, Trump almost certainly would spoken at their convention. What you should be angry about is a 501(c3) org. doing this kind of dishonest crap to support one candidate over another. Of course, by inviting Trump (even though they made sure it was an invitation he couldn't accept), they get to pretend to the IRS that they aren't supporting Clinton over Trump.

I sort of lean towards Thomas Sowell's views on the post civil rights era of relationships between black and white folk.

"Mr. Trump has declined our invitation, so we will hear from Sec. Clinton," Brooks said. "Namely, the explanation given was that (the Republicans) are holding their convention at the same time. We are, of course, in Cincinnati, they are in Cleveland. We were hoping he would make the short trip from Cleveland to Cincinnati."

Looks like the leftists have bad timing. Then again on the other hand the leftists really aren't serious about hearing from DJT anyway. DJT made the right choice, screw the leftists.

Boy they are getting desperate to make Trump look bad.

They couldn't really expect Trump to leave his convention to address this group.

Of course she did, since they didn't schedule their convention in conflict with the DNC convention... They handed her a bully pulpit to shout from in opposition to the GOP convention. This kind of thing should cost the NAACP their non-profit status. They are taking intentional steps to support one candidate over the other and as a 501(c3) org, that is expressly forbidden.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-p...n-by-section-501-c-3-tax-exempt-organizations
The NAACP vs. the IRS
The government should determine when a private entity schedules its events, and then should use to IRS to enforce its will?

Are you freaking serious???

Well Hillary has accepted, but then, she's pandering as hard as she can to solidify her hold on the black vote. She'll say whatever they want to hear and will receive a glowing reception. I view Trump as an unfortunate choice in many respects, but I surely don't blame him for not attending what would amount to a political lynching. OTOH, the NAACP doesn't represent the entirety of the black vote in this country, either. They just act as if they do.

Would she leave her convention to go speak at any event?

The logistics would be mind boggling.

Boy they are getting desperate to make Trump look bad.

They couldn't really expect Trump to leave his convention to address this group.

LMAO, I know.

They schedule this at an unreasonable time, then whine about DJT not coming.

Classic.

How do you think he could pull that off during the convention?

Yeah, some uniter he's going to be! :lamo

You want a divided broken country? Trump's your guy!

Funny how some are calling the President a "divider". They obviously haven't seen anything, yet!

Actually, the people creating the division are those accusing Trump of racism. Keep in mind that I think that Trump is not an honest person and is hands down the worst GOP nominee ever, but I've never seen him say anything racist. There have been comments he's made that people have assigned racism to, based on their own hatred of Trump, but I've yet to hear an actual comment from him that was racist. Noe Clinton on the other hand:
Top Ten Examples Of Hillary Clinton’s Racism The Media Chooses To Ignore
#1 – In 1974, after Bill Clinton lost his bid for a Senate seat, Hillary lashed out at campaign manager Paul Fray calling him a, “f*cking Jew bastard!” This outburst was witnessed and confirmed by 3 people, so it definitely happened.

#2 – As First Lady, Hillary called young black men “super-predators” indicating that she thought all young black males were violent criminals. She also said, “We have to bring them to heel,” like young blacks are the same as dogs. Despite thinking this was incredibly racist, blacks still support Hillary.

#3 – While serving in the US Senate, Hillary tried to make a joke that disparaged a civil rights icon and demeaned all people from India. “I love this quote. It’s from Mahatma Gandhi. He ran a gas station down in St. Louis for a couple of years. Mr. Gandhi, do you still go to the gas station?” asked Clinton.

#4 – In 2005 Hillary said, “I am adamantly against illegal immigrants.” She also, as a Senator, voted to construct a wall between the US and Mexico. Considering the main “proof” of Trump’s racism is that he opposes illegal immigration and wants to build a wall, isn’t it odd that Hillary gets off for having said the same thing?

#5 – During the 2008 democratic primaries Hillary Clinton’s campaign started the “birther” rumors, questioning Obama’s US citizenship. They even circulated the now famous picture of Obama in full Muslim garb. Somehow Trump’s campaign to get Obama to release his birth certificate is racist, but Hillary’s role in starting the birther movement is not.

#6 – Also during the 2008 presidential race, Hillary’s husband Bill said this of Obama: “A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.” Hillary didn’t say this one but her husband did and she certainly never disavowed it.

#7 – Shortly after announcing her candidacy, Hillary said “all lives matter” in a black church. I don’t think this one is racist, but lefties, black activists, and Hillary herself all do, so it makes the list. Plus as is the case with most of this stuff, if Trump had said it liberals would freak the hell out.

#8 – In November of 2015, Hillary called people in this country illegally “illegal aliens.” Trump is a racist when he says “illegal aliens,” why isn’t Hillary?

#9 – In April of this year, Hillary joined NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio on stage at a democratic fundraiser for a scripted joke about how lazy black people are. The two liberals made reference to “colored people’s time” which is a super-racist way of saying black people are chronically tardy and lethargic.

#10 – April was a great month for Hillary’s racism, as she also made a comment disparaging Native Americans. She said she had experience dealing with wild men when they “get off the reservation.” In essence she said Native Americans are savages who must be segregated from the rest of society.

As a bonus:

#11 – On a black radio show, Hillary pandered to black voters by claiming she always carries hot sauce in her purse. It was racist when Donald Trump pandered Hispanics by eating a taco bowl, but not racist when Hillary pandered blacks. How does that work?

So the NAACP chooses to hold their convention at the same time as the RNC convention, invites someone to speak knowing said speaker is going to be a little busy that day, and is now crying fowl.

But not to worry, Hillary will step in and save the day.

It is only 106.7 miles one way to get there.

Why shouldn't he take the better part of a day to go there and back with all the secret service.

The convention is not really important compared to talking to a whole lot of people that won't vote for him anyway.

It is probably good he did not accept, it would have gotten ugly. That said the NAACP did accomplish their goal, they proved that Trump would not be the President of ALL the People. But then again that was a given.

What percentage of the people do you think Trump would represent?

Would it be more than the 50% we have right now being represented by this President?

The NAACP vs. the IRS

Yes, the schedule was intentional. The headline is supposed to be that Trump didn't accept the invitation and Hillary did, and it's pretty easy to see that for some, it works. I don't blame Trump, and I wouldn't talk to those jerks anyway just because of crap like this and the reception that GOP candidates generally get from them anyway. Beyond that, there are a lot of non-profits on both sides of the aisle that deserve to have that status revoked. We pay for that crap, no matter how indirectly it happens.

The government should determine when a private entity schedules its events, and then should use to IRS to enforce its will?

Are you freaking serious???

Not what I said... The NAACP clearly used it's position to support one candidate over another and that is a violation of it's 501(c3) status. Yes, they did it in such a way as to be able to maintain a show of conformity, but if you step back and be honest about it, there's NO doubt that this was an intentional choice by the NAACP. They made sure that Trump couldn't attend their convention by making it completely impractical for Trump to attend and then provided Clinton with the same opportunity but in such a way as to make it not easy for her, but to put her in a position to speak in opposition to the GOP convention. Do you think that 501(c3) orgs. should be allowed to support candidates??

Since when are the NAACP "leftists"?
In reality that is a fair question. Many of the early goals of the NAACP were laudable.
W.E.B. DeBois's talented tenth, appears to match todays leftest policies, of having
social elites showing their lessors the way they should be living, but that could just be
a coincidence.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Talented_Tenth
IMO, Booker T. Washington's plan had a better chance of success, but I think that path was
irrevocably damaged by President Roosevelt's response to the Brownsville affair.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownsville_Affair
The Buffalo Soldiers, the pride of the black community, The example of what young black men could aspire to.
were dishonorable discharge from the army with no evidence.

It is only 106.7 miles one way to get there.

Why shouldn't he take the better part of a day to go there and back with all the secret service.

The convention is not really important compared to talking to a whole lot of people that won't vote for him anyway.

It's an all day trip. Using Google maps, it's abotu 4 hours by car, 3 hours by plane. Make that a two-way trip and you've eaten up most of a day. It was intentional, it was dishonest, and it was done to allow them to support one candidate over another, while still allowing them a public show of conformity to the laws regarding how 501(c3)s are allowed to act.

Would she leave her convention to go speak at any event?

The logistics would be mind boggling.

No, she wouldn't. It was coordinated from the outset. I wonder if Hillary would leave her convention to speak to the NRA.

Back
Top Bottom