• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Could Be Investigated for Tax Fraud, D.A. Says for First Time

Why do they want his Federal taxes?

Read this:

justsecurity.org/72227/does-cy-vance-already-have-the-trump-organization-tax-returns/

They don't just want his federal tax returns. They want ALL the documents related to his tax returns involving the firm that did his taxes. That way Trump can't pin it all on his Mazars.

Cutting Off a Classic Tax Fraud Defense

It is a routine internal procedure for agents of the New York state tax authority assigned to criminal tax investigations authorized by the New York Attorney General’s (AG) office (of which the Manhattan DA is a part) to obtain business and personal state tax returns that are material to their inquiry. It is likely that the experienced criminal tax investigator on the DA’s team has followed this routine protocol, and obtained the state tax returns early in their investigation.

But the tax returns alone would not be sufficient to establish criminal tax fraud. Criminal tax investigators for New York traditionally include retired Internal Revenue Service (IRS) criminal investigators working towards a second pension. These experienced forensic accountants would be most concerned with the classic tax fraud defense historically posed by the accused, wherein the taxpayer attempts to shift responsibility for the alleged fraud to the accountants who prepared the tax returns in question. Tax crooks have long raised their hands in innocence and then pointed their fingers at the hired hands claiming, “it was all their idea” with regard to any alleged tax fraud.

A viable tax fraud indictment cannot proceed until this defense is cut off. This may explain the intense legal struggle over the Mazars USA subpoena. The Mazars USA files will include much more than completed tax returns. Draft tax returns, financial statements, correspondence, emails, texts, and notes to the file containing direction from the taxpayer client to the preparer will likely be found in the Mazars USA files accompanied by the accountant’s work papers and notes to the file.

There's nothing on a Federal tax return that will prove tax fraud on state returns.
DO you live in NYS?
I do and on the NYS tax forms the line for taxable income comes from the Fed. tax form
and it has for over 58 years I know of
Have a nice night

The 90's? Do the words "statute of limitations" mean anything to you?...lol
and do you have any idea how that works for Income taxes?
last I knew ( from when I worked for a large firm that does income taxes nation wide) they can go back 3 years and if they find anything questionable in those 3 years they can go back another 3 years and if they find anything questionable in those years they can go back to day 1 of your tax returns
I don't know if it has changed in the last few years or not but as I said when I stopped working in the industry it was still what they did
Have a nice night

His Federal taxes have been audited every year since he's been in office. Why hasn't the IRS said something?
think about this...is it a crime to lie on a bank loan application and inflate the value of your property or worth to get a bigger loan?

Also, is it a crime to claim that you paid a contract that you defaulted on and then you take the tax deduction on said contract that you never paid for?

I dwell in wonderment as to why apdst is bending over backwards trying to defend not investigating a criminal matter. It's almost as if he thinks it's ok for Trump to commit crimes and get away with them. I thought his cohorts were law and order proponents? Or do they believe the law only applies to people protesting against them or Trump enemies?

In any case, there is nothing improper about authorities investigating activities of someone who happens to be the sitting president. What is unusual is someone, who professes innocence, fighting tooth and nail to block access to documents that would prove their innocence. The same goes for the case with a woman suing Trump, claiming he raped her. He denies it but refuses to provide a DNA sample that would conclusively prove his innocence. Let that sink in.

And i think the Manhattan DA should be investigated for political HACKERY

BTW: How many rioters did this Liberal ****wit let go like the other cowflop DAs?
Trump was a crook before his election. The number of people whom he employed and later stiffed is legion. That he is being investigated for fraud again is no surprise. He has already defrauded hundreds with his fake 'university' and had to settle to the tune of $25 million to avoid court proceedings. He stole millions from his own 'charity' in what the judge called "a shocking pattern of financial illegality", and his 'foundation' was ordered to shut down as a result of his crooked self-dealing. And you want to defend this individual? Why?
Oh, and he is in debt to Deutsche Bank for over $2 billion and counting. The chances of DB ever seeing that money? Forget it. Like Al Capone he won't be able to avoid the law forever, and I believe it was violation of tax laws, among others, which finally landed Capone in jail. So, again, why would you want to defend a proven crook?

Last edited:
think about this...is it a crime to lie on a bank loan application and inflate the value of your property or worth to get a bigger loan?

Sure, but that isn't on a tax return.

Also, is it a crime to claim that you paid a contract that you defaulted on and then you take the tax deduction on said contract that you never paid for?

Yes, but a city DA can't go after Federal tax violations.

Its called lawfare, it is what the left uses to destroy political opponents.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I dwell in wonderment as to why apdst is bending over backwards trying to defend not investigating a criminal matter. It's almost as if he thinks it's ok for Trump to commit crimes and get away with them. I thought his cohorts were law and order proponents? Or do they believe the law only applies to people protesting against them or Trump enemies?

In any case, there is nothing improper about authorities investigating activities of someone who happens to be the sitting president. What is unusual is someone, who professes innocence, fighting tooth and nail to block access to documents that would prove their innocence. The same goes for the case with a woman suing Trump, claiming he raped her. He denies it but refuses to provide a DNA sample that would conclusively prove his innocence. Let that sink in.
Apdst is bending over backwards because he views politics the same as sports, you support your team at all costs no matter what. Somehow by Trump "winning", Apdst has "won something" Entertainment value of "trolling the libtards" I suppose.

You and everyone else has broken laws, probably inadvertently. That is why you hire lawyers to try to keep yourself in compliance. Even then there will be different interpretations especially in tax law. In all cases it is the goal to pay as little tax as possible within the law again often a gray area and ever changing. When an individual is targetted and focused on finding any breach essentially fishing you will likely find something. To Trump's credit after 5 years of investigations he is still standing.

Do you think Biden could withstand the microscope? He is rich, his family is rich. He hasn't really ever worked in the private sector

To answer your question; I do have a problem with the investigations starting when suddenly he went from the donor class to a political opponent.

You and everyone else has broken laws, probably inadvertently. That is why you hire lawyers to try to keep yourself in compliance. Even then there will be different interpretations especially in tax law. In all cases it is the goal to pay as little tax as possible within the law again often a gray area and ever changing. When an individual is targetted and focused on finding any breach essentially fishing you will likely find something. To Trump's credit after 5 years of investigations he is still standing.

Do you think Biden could withstand the microscope? He is rich, his family is rich. He hasn't really ever worked in the private sector

To answer your question; I do have a problem with the investigations starting when suddenly he went from the donor class to a political opponent.

Who knows? Apparently Trump cant withstand the microscope being he's fighting tooth and nail all the way to the Supreme Court to keep his tax records out of the hands of NY Prosecutors, his son and bank being subpoenaed. None of this is new Trump has always operated outside of the law. His father taught him well. Michael Cohen just happened to provide NY prosecutors enough information to warrant pursuing criminal investigations.

Do you honestly believe that Trump has not been a crook and systematically and intentionally committed tax fraud over the course of his business career and even in recent years?

Yes. Biden is an honest and decent person. Trump is a piece of crap and you know it. Everyone knows it.

The 90's? Do the words "statute of limitations" mean anything to you?...lol

There is a codicil to the RICO laws

Within the Statute of Limitations. The Supreme Court held that RICO has a four-year statute of limitations, which begins tolling from the time the victim discovers his or her damages.

"from the time the victim discovers his or her damages" That's a pretty broad statement since nobody really knows what the SDNY is investigating as far as 'victim' and 'discovers'.

Trump hasn't done an honest day's work in his entire worthless life. He has lied, cheated, defrauded, stolen and, given his extensive rap sheet, it's laughable to even suggest he hasn't also defrauded the tax man-and by extension the American people. What's even more incredible is that you actually elected a lifelong crook to the presidency!

Stop at think about something, The current president of the United States paid someone to take his SAT exams and his Mother did all of his homework. That's the president.

W_ ....

I do honestly believe that Trump made every effort to pay as little in tax as possible.

I believe that Biden and his family have profited handsomely from public service. If it was legal for Biden's family to do business on official visits by a sitting VP it should not be.

Stretch.....

Is that the narrative you see across the pond? Understandable as the Democrat media has invested heavily in numerous fake narratives that suck yhe oxugen out of all else intil the move on to the next one.

Back
Top Bottom