• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Could Be Investigated for Tax Fraud, D.A. Says for First Time

Okay. The headline says this: "Trump Could Be Investigated for Tax Fraud, D.A. Says for First Time"

And the quote says this: " into the office’s investigation of the president and his businesses. "

So...which is it? Why are they saying he "could" be investigated when they say they are already investigating him? Hmmm?

Could it be they really don't care about any investigation? Could it be they just want to spout off stuff about Trump? You know...influence useful idiot voters?

(y) Yep...I think that's it.
I just finished his nieces book. It was eye-opening on some things and confirmed what many have suspected for years. He's lived outside the law his whole life. I strongly suspect Donald Trump will never see the inside of a jail cell. However Donald Trump Junior, that's another story. He's likely complicit. Which makes perfect sense that he's ducking the subpoenas. Because if they get him in the hot seat, there is no doubt he will incriminate himself and his father.

The records from his accountants could show wild inconsistencies with the value claimed based on who Trump Inc is reporting to.

We already see this pattern with the public filings of some of his buildings. One value when it comes to getting a loan, another value when it comes to taxes... and this isn’t just a little bit but a wild difference between the two values.

We all know he does this. His former lawyer testified to this before congress.

You're reaching, now.

New York City has a City Income Tax.

They can get him on that if they can find any true "tax evasion."

But wealthy people have an army of CPA's and tax lawyers whose only job is to save them as much money as they can LEGALLY.

I'd be surprised if this DA can find any serious issues. Time will tell.
As long as he reports al his income. Deductions & strategies can only bring penalties & interest. But hiding income is tax evasion, and it's felonious. We'll have to see exactly what, if anything, he did.

And i think the Manhattan DA should be investigated for political HACKERY

BTW: How many rioters did this Liberal ****wit let go like the other cowflop DAs?
Ah, the Jonny is criminal too, so I’m not guilt, defense. By your logic, the Manhattan DA isn’t allowed to investigate anyone any longer because he let protest off easy.

A city DA is going to prosecute a Federal tax violation? Ok, yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
According to Michael Cohen, Trump evaded NYS taxes. The DA has standing because the alleged crime was committed in his jurisdiction.

You're reaching, now.
You act like any of this is new, it's recently come to attention that in the 90s Trump set up phony shell corporations for the sole purpose of hiding millions of dollars of his dad's cash and assets in order to avoid paying taxes. That's just how the Donald has always rolled.

You act like any of this is new, it's recently come to attention that in the 90s Trump set up phony shell corporations for the sole purpose of hiding millions of dollars of his dad's cash and assets in order to avoid paying taxes. That's just how the Donald has always rolled.

The 90's? Do the words "statute of limitations" mean anything to you?...lol

The 90's? Do the words "statute of limitations" mean anything to you?...lol
There are far more recent crimes and ongoing ones.

I just finished his nieces book. It was eye-opening on some things and confirmed what many have suspected for years. He's lived outside the law his whole life. I strongly suspect Donald Trump will never see the inside of a jail cell. However Donald Trump Junior, that's another story. He's likely complicit. Which makes perfect sense that he's ducking the subpoenas. Because if they get him in the hot seat, there is no doubt he will incriminate himself and his father.
Oh...cool...you read a book.

What does that have to do with my comment?

Wow.

I'm shocked, but not at all surprised.
I just saw the NY Attorney General Letitia James on the Erin Burnett show and she said it out loud. Trump is under investigation for tax fraud in NY. This case has been going on for quite a long time, in addition to this investigation, there's another in the SDNY under Cyrus Vance that's investigating the Trump Organization, run by Eric Trump for possible fraud. “In light of these public reports of possibly extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization,”

New Yorkers and NY's close neighbor states have been trying to tell everyone for years that Trump is a racketeer.

In 2016, Trump said, “do you want to elect a president who is under investigation?”

He wasn't the subject of a legal investigation in 2016.

I just saw the NY Attorney General Letitia James on the Erin Burnett show and she said it out loud. Trump is under investigation for tax fraud in NY. This case has been going on for quite a long time, in addition to this investigation, there's another in the SDNY under Cyrus Vance that's investigating the Trump Organization, run by Eric Trump for possible fraud. “In light of these public reports of possibly extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization,”

New Yorkers and NY's close neighbor states have been trying to tell everyone for years that Trump is a racketeer.

the dude cheated a CHARITY. he's been a crook since the 1980s.

i will not be surprised in the least of all the law breaking they find all over the Trump Org. hell, i expect them to find crazy shit (like expensing abortions, the company paying for mistresses, etc).

the dude cheated a CHARITY. he's been a crook since the 1980s.

i will not be surprised in the least of all the law breaking they find all over the Trump Org. hell, i expect them to find crazy shit (like expensing abortions, the company paying for mistresses, etc).
I have thought that Trump has paid for a number of abortions. He always bragged on the Howard Stern show about all the '*****' he was getting. He loved boasting about his sexual escapades. Those sometimes come at a cost, like pregnancies and Trump wasn't one to accept any illegitimate children, especially while he was married at the time. I'm sure his Trump Organization financed many women for their abortions.

I have thought that Trump has paid for a number of abortions. He always bragged on the Howard Stern show about all the '*****' he was getting. He loved boasting about his sexual escapades. Those sometimes come at a cost, like pregnancies and Trump wasn't one to accept any illegitimate children, especially while he was married at the time. I'm sure his Trump Organization financed many women for their abortions.

i agree

He files taxes annually and has evaded taxes annually.

His Federal taxes have been audited every year since he's been in office. Why hasn't the IRS said something?

A city DA is going to prosecute a Federal tax violation? Ok, yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
Ever heard of state and local taxes?

Back
Top Bottom