• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump brazenly asks Putin to release dirt about Biden's family

I mean it's a fact. You can disagree with it but that just makes you wrong.

You don't think Obama sent Biden to Ukraine to have Shokin removed?
Who knows. I just think it is funny that the Obama/Biden administration was so interested in the corruption of the foreign company that was paying Hunter Biden $50,000 a month to do nothing. Sure I see corruption too.

Who knows. I just think it is funny that the Obama/Biden administration was so interested in the corruption of the foreign company that was paying Hunter Biden $50,000 a month to do nothing. Sure I see corruption too.
On Sept. 24, 2015, Geoffrey Pyatt, then the American ambassador to Ukraine, spoke in Odessa about the scourge of corruption. It was about a year and a half after what is sometimes called the Revolution of Dignity, when Ukrainians overthrew the kleptocratic, Russian-aligned regime of Viktor Yanukovych. The country was trying to move in a more liberal, European direction. Corruption, said Pyatt, threatened to hold the new Ukraine back.
Pyatt called out the office of Viktor Shokin, then the prosecutor general of Ukraine. “Corrupt actors within the prosecutor general’s office are making things worse by openly and aggressively undermining reform,” he said. Pyatt specifically lambasted Shokin’s office for subverting a British case against a man named Mykola Zlochevsky, Yanukovych’s former ecology minister.
In 2014, as part of a money-laundering investigation, British authorities froze $23 million Zlochevsky had in London. They requested supporting documentation from Shokin’s office. Instead, it intervened on Zlochevsky’s behalf. “As a result the money was freed by the U.K. court and shortly thereafter the money was moved to Cyprus,” said Pyatt.
“Shokin was seen as a single point of failure clogging up the system and blocking corruption cases,” a former official in Barack Obama’s administration said. Vice President Joe Bideneventually took the lead in calling for Shokin’s ouster.
Turning this history on its head, Trump and his parrots have accused Joe Biden of coercing Ukraine to jettison Shokin, who wasn’t looking into any corruption, to stop corruption investigations that weren’t happening.

On Sept. 24, 2015, Geoffrey Pyatt, then the American ambassador to Ukraine, spoke in Odessa about the scourge of corruption. It was about a year and a half after what is sometimes called the Revolution of Dignity, when Ukrainians overthrew the kleptocratic, Russian-aligned regime of Viktor Yanukovych. The country was trying to move in a more liberal, European direction. Corruption, said Pyatt, threatened to hold the new Ukraine back.
Pyatt called out the office of Viktor Shokin, then the prosecutor general of Ukraine. “Corrupt actors within the prosecutor general’s office are making things worse by openly and aggressively undermining reform,” he said. Pyatt specifically lambasted Shokin’s office for subverting a British case against a man named Mykola Zlochevsky, Yanukovych’s former ecology minister.
In 2014, as part of a money-laundering investigation, British authorities froze $23 million Zlochevsky had in London. They requested supporting documentation from Shokin’s office. Instead, it intervened on Zlochevsky’s behalf. “As a result the money was freed by the U.K. court and shortly thereafter the money was moved to Cyprus,” said Pyatt.
“Shokin was seen as a single point of failure clogging up the system and blocking corruption cases,” a former official in Barack Obama’s administration said. Vice President Joe Bideneventually took the lead in calling for Shokin’s ouster.
Turning this history on its head, Trump and his parrots have accused Joe Biden of coercing Ukraine to jettison Shokin, who wasn’t looking into any corruption, to stop corruption investigations that weren’t happening.
please link your cut and paste.

Consider the timing - a day after a federal judge declared that he probably committed crimes in attempting to block the peaceful transition of power. He's feeling the heat, although I don't know why. It's pretty clear either Merrick Garland doesn't have the sack to initiate a criminal investigation or that someone in the White House is deliberately telling him not to go there.
I don't see what the big rush is other than personal satisfaction...
The bird has been caught and the bird is wringing its own neck...
the American people put the bird in boiling hot water on Nov 03, 2020
the jan 6 committee is plucking the feathers, and doing a fine job...

garland has the oven all heated up and ready to go... so what is the big rush???

if you think the midterms warrant a big rush, I do not...
the rePukes will take the house... but the law and the lawbreakers will remain...
the oven will still be hot and the garland will still be there... I do not see that bird getting away...
-peace

1648689448526.png

Last edited:
You know there are lots of us conservatives who didn't vote for Trump are NOT so called "Trumpists" who have been critical of Donald Trump. He certainly isn't a perfect man. But what amuses me is all of you liberals who defend Biden as if Biden is some kind of great leader. Biden is the absolute worst President since Jimmy Carter. Everything Biden has touched has turn to shit.

Name anything that is better since Biden took office. There isn't anything.

You liberals all know that Biden is a failure. Think what you like about Donald Trump, but he isn't in office anymore, so why talk about him? Biden is a disaster.
Biden's biggest success was removing trump from office, for that he has earned my undying gratitude.

Biden's biggest success was removing trump from office, for that he has earned my undying gratitude.
His mean tweets aside, things were clearly better under Trump. Biden can't even keep his head clear, and his VP is bobble head nincompoop.

We are deep trouble under this administration, and the coming from a guy who never voted for Trump.

Are you talking about a completely different topic out of the blue?
I understand...
You are just one man...
peace and try and keep up, please...
the-point-over-your-head.gif

do you have a link on this?

I'm trying to find this Mitchell Goldberg piece. Can you help me out with a link to it?
Never mind. I found it. You said Mitchell Goldberg but it's actually Michelle Goldberg. Interesting next paragraph in you article:

As all this was happening, Biden’s son, Hunter, sat on the board of Burisma Holdings, a natural gas company that Zlochevsky co-founded, at some points earning $50,000 a month. Zlochevsky might have thought he could ingratiate himself with the Obama administration by buying an association with the vice president. All available evidence suggests he was wrong.

Never mind. I found it. You said Mitchell Goldberg but it's actually Michelle Goldberg. Interesting next paragraph in you article:

As all this was happening, Biden’s son, Hunter, sat on the board of Burisma Holdings, a natural gas company that Zlochevsky co-founded, at some points earning $50,000 a month. Zlochevsky might have thought he could ingratiate himself with the Obama administration by buying an association with the vice president. All available evidence suggests he was wrong.
See post #367.

You know that Hunter Biden did nothing? He was a lawyer.
It also wasn't just the Obama Admin, it was other European governments too.

Let me remind you that the thread topic isn't Hunter Biden but Trump, asking an adversary government, lead by a butcher/dictator to help him undermine the current U.S. president. Let that sink in to the Republicans who think that they hold the patriot highroad.

Reality speaks for itself. Putin couldn't do much until senile ole Joe wandered into office. That's when Putin got busy. I'm sure he's grateful for Joe standing in the way of those Migs, he probably didn't expect it to go on this long.

Reality does speak for itself.

Your fuhrer has made it very clear that he supports Moscow.

Had he been President, he would have endorsed the Russian invastion and pounded hard of the wedge he had been building between the United States and its European allies in NATO. Which has been a Russian objective since 1949.

Trump would have supported Putin.

And the knuckle draggers in trump nation would have cheered for Putin and bobbed their bobble heads at all of Trump’s rants.

And in the end, Putin would have won the biggest building block in his efforts to rebuild his empire.

And the US would have been weakened, divided from its allies, and ruled by a man still beholden to his master in Moscow.

Fortunately we are no longer burdened by that feckless and treasonous behavior.

Had he been President, he would have endorsed the Russian invastion and pounded hard of the wedge he had been building between the United States and its European allies in NATO. Which has been a Russian objective since 1949.

And the knuckle draggers in trump nation would have cheered for Putin and bobbed their bobble heads at all of Trump’s rants.

And in the end, Putin would have won the biggest building block in his efforts to rebuild his empire.

And the US would have been weakened, divided from its allies, and ruled by a man still beholden to his master in Moscow.

All indications are that had Trump been re-elected he would have withdrew from NATO. Biden, got on the phone with world leaders and united the globe against Putin's invasion, established the harshest sanctions in history -- when Putin was expecting toothless sanctions. The notion that Trump would have been more stern with Putin, contrary to Trump's history, is partisan wishful thinking blather.

The other side doesn't want to believe that they backed the most unpatriotic and self-serving president in U.S. history, who didn't think twice about putting his own personal interests ahead of the country's interests. "I'd like you to do me a favor," is his moto.

yeah but what about Hillary's emails

I noticed that you offer absolutely zero support for what you are claiming.

Back
Top Bottom