• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump approval ratings still high

They use the same methodology, but it’s a bad methodology because they weight by Party ID, which is not a good polling practice. If they guess the partisan makeup correctly they can do “well” like in 2016. If not they can do very poorly like this year and 2014.
Uh, I hate to burst your bubble, but ALL pollsters use party weighting formulas.
Anagram said:
And it doesn’t help to compare across years to Obama because they were modeling a different electorate back then. They change it frequently based on what they think the electorate of likely voters will be, which is what polling should be measuring rather than having their assumption built in
They measure the CURRENT population's opinion of the CURRENT President.

Trump could be convicted for any of his high crimes and still have a 40% approval rating.

in fact they could frog march him down the steps of the whitehouse into the waiting paddy wagon and he would still have 40% approval ratings.

his great economy could crash and burn and he would still have a 40% approval rating

one thing about his supporters they may be dumb asses, they may be racist they may be deplorable but they damn sure are loyal. And what is so funny about that is Trump would throw you under.the bus in a heartbeat. He really doesn't care about those people. He has done absolutely nothing to improve their lot in life. Quite the contrary in fact.

You must really love slinging that broad brush about people.

So let me guess, seeing as there is most likely a sexual predator in your political camp. Then that proves that you yourself are a sexual predator, or do you not like playing by your own rules?

The best poll is the RCP averages of all the polls and they tell a different story

Very true RCP averages out all legit polls, he is currently at 43.1%, higher than the leaders of Britain, France & Germany.
The USA is in good hands.

Uh, I hate to burst your bubble, but ALL pollsters use party weighting formulas.

Not true at all. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/sep/27/unskewing-polls-party-id-bunk It's bad polling methodology to do so.

Very few pollsters weight for party ID.

They measure the CURRENT population's opinion of the CURRENT President.

Yes, but because Rasmussen weights their likely voters by their own party ID standard which is constantly changing, there are no apples to apples comparisons. The electorate Rasmussen was modeling on December 11, 2010 is much different than the one they are modeling today. And because they are making huge assumptions about Party ID, there's a very good chance that neither is actually reflective of the current pool of likely voters.

Not true at all. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/sep/27/unskewing-polls-party-id-bunk It's bad polling methodology to do so.

Yes, but because Rasmussen weights their likely voters by their own party ID standard which is constantly changing, there are no apples to apples comparisons. The electorate Rasmussen was modeling on December 11, 2010 is much different than the one they are modeling today. And because they are making huge assumptions about Party ID, there's a very good chance that neither is actually reflective of the current pool of likely voters.
Sorry, a guardian article isn't definitive proof.

Sorry, a guardian article isn't definitive proof.

How much do you need?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-polls-arent-skewed-trump-really-is-losing-badly/

The basic premise of the unskewers is wrong. Most pollsters don’t weight their results by party self-identification
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/are-polls-skewed-too-heavily-against-republicans/262834/

"If a pollster weights by party ID, they are substituting their own judgment as to what the electorate is going to look like. It's not scientific," said Doug Schwartz, the director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, which doesn't weight its surveys by party identification.

Why pollsters don't 'weight' surveys for Dem-GOP mix - latimes

Professional pollsters generally have defended the polls and a methodology that frequently “weights” the survey results to make sure they represent the voting population for several factors — such as race, income, gender and educational level — but not for party identification.

I could easily give you more.

The main factors, in any POTUS election, are who else is running and how the economy is doing.

The economy is a false narrative constructed by republicans to conceal the true issues our nation faces.

We all know it.

much higher than hillarys presidential ratings lol (laugh out loud).

sorry i know yall are still bitter ;)

But what about Hillary?

But what about a pizza pie?

But what about my ass?

Damn, anything to shift the focus off Trump. This tactic has become old as dinosaur crap. LOL.

But what about Hillary?

But what about a pizza pie?

But what about my ass?

Damn, anything to shift the focus off Trump. This tactic has become old as dinosaur crap. LOL.

more alt left trollin from the long haired chick dana

One thing I like about Rasmussen is that they report historical numbers as well as the latest poll result. IMHO trends are more important than snapshot numbers. I also like that they overlay Obama's numbers; since they use the same methodology for him as they do with Trump we get an apples to apples comparison.
So, you don't mind that they are notoriously wrong? Go ask President Romney, that Rasmussen's poll said would win. They were also the worst poll for the midterms.

So, you don't mind that they are notoriously wrong? Go ask President Romney, that Rasmussen's poll said would win. They were also the worst poll for the midterms.
Actually, no, Rasmussen DIDN'T say Romney would win - Michael Barone "went out on a limb" and said so - he's a syndicated columnist who is published on several sites. As far as them being the worst on the midterms - that's CNN's spin on it not a statistical proof.

more alt left trollin from the long haired chick dana

I am a man, a very old and ugly man. But perhaps that is your idea of a woman. Sucks to be you. I'll remember not to bend over to pick up anything in your presence. :mrgreen:

But maybe I should give you a break here. Maybe you saw my mustache and thought I was an Italian woman...... Nah. LOL.

Last edited:
President Trump at 49% approval and that just sets people crazy!! :lamo

lead_720_405.jpg

President Trump at 49% approval and that just sets people crazy!! :lamo

View attachment 67245959

It's not that, it's the fact only two polling companies (Rasmussen and Harris Interactive) provide those figures; every other one shows a much lower result. If one were honest, an average of all pollers would be a more accurate assessment. If you just want numbers to push the narrative that Trump is polling high in the country, then you'd choose the number that fits that narrative and run with it.

The President's ratings are still high because many people appreciate his exemplary courage.

He knows that his determination to stop open borders only infuriates his enemies (the media, academia, the Democratic Party, and the deep state).

Yet he continues his patriotic crusade to save the country from open borders, even though this only makes his enemies find more ways to topple him (including their hope to jail him).

Such courage naturally deserves and is getting the respect of many Americans.

Trump could be convicted for any of his high crimes and still have a 40% approval rating.

in fact they could frog march him down the steps of the whitehouse into the waiting paddy wagon and he would still have 40% approval ratings.

his great economy could crash and burn and he would still have a 40% approval rating

one thing about his supporters they may be dumb asses, they may be racist they may be deplorable but they damn sure are loyal. And what is so funny about that is Trump would throw you under.the bus in a heartbeat. He really doesn't care about those people. He has done absolutely nothing to improve their lot in life. Quite the contrary in fact.

That might be the one thing that would change the rating. As long as unemployment is at a 48 year low, people will approve.

That might be the one thing that would change the rating. As long as unemployment is at a 48 year low, people will approve. And yes, I know it's not entirely because of anything he did.

Back
Top Bottom