• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump approval ratings still high

This thread proves there is no collusion!

LOL at calling those numbers "high".

They're higher than they should be. But they're not high.

LOL at calling those numbers "high".

They're higher than they should be. But they're not high.

much higher than hillarys presidential ratings lol (laugh out loud).

sorry i know yall are still bitter ;)

Trump could be convicted for any of his high crimes and still have a 40% approval rating.

in fact they could frog march him down the steps of the whitehouse into the waiting paddy wagon and he would still have 40% approval ratings.

his great economy could crash and burn and he would still have a 40% approval rating

one thing about his supporters they may be dumb asses, they may be racist they may be deplorable but they damn sure are loyal. And what is so funny about that is Trump would throw you under.the bus in a heartbeat. He really doesn't care about those people. He has done absolutely nothing to improve their lot in life. Quite the contrary in fact.

There is a certain floor to Trump's approval ratings. I don't seem ever getting below mid to high 30s unless Trump is caught on tape screwing an underage Muslim Mexican transsexual while moaning "I am going to take away your 2nd amendment rights". Even then I expect him to only lose 1-2%. The rest of the cult is all in for the kool-aid sharing party.

The main factors, in any POTUS election, are who else is running and how the economy is doing.

The economy was doing well and the Republicans lost 40 house seats, 7 governorships, and 350 plus state legislative seats.

The best poll is the RCP averages of all the polls and they tell a different story

Yes. but looking at those polls makes the Trump Cultists very uncomfortable. They're much happier with Fox News and Rasmussen. Both feed their fantasies.

He's still surprisingly high among republicans even after all the legal troubles. But not across a broad section of society, the last election showed that. Actually so did his win in 2016. He only appeals to one group, it's just a big group.

The economy was doing well and the Republicans lost 40 house seats, 7 governorships, and 350 plus state legislative seats.

Yep, but what does that have to do with a POTUS election?

Rasmussen should do a better job choosing which numbers to call. they could probably have his numbers up to seventy percent by the new year.

and after that, eighty percent, and after that, ninety, and then all the way to one hundred percent...... YEEARGH!!!!111

:lol:

I know this is complicated, but Clinton is not the subject of the thread. Your obsession with her is kinda weird...

Yep, but what does that have to do with a POTUS election?

Yes, you're absolutely correct. Because as everybody knows, it's an entirely different group of voters that vote in Presidential elections. If you don't think the 2018 elections were a massive repudiation of Trumpism, then there's a place waiting for you in the House Republican Caucus. Long may your attitude prevail.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. Because as everybody knows, it's an entirely different group of voters that vote in Presidential elections. If you don't think the 2018 elections were a massive repudiation of Trumpism, then there's a place waiting for you in the House Republican Caucus. Long may your attitude prevail.

OK, just run Hillary again and see what happens.

Clinton is not running again(and even if she did she would not make it out of the primaries), so speculating on how she would do is silly.

Yeah, I always get a kick out of those who cite Rasmussen numbers. Every Rasmussen and Harris polls should be followed by "meanwhile back in reality...."
From the 1945 film,
images

Pete Marshall:
"I'm with the Trotter Poll. We're like the Gallup Poll but not as fast."

Why do you keep posting about Hillary Clinton in this thread? She lost the election. It's time for you to get over it.

Why do you keep posting about Hillary Clinton in this thread? She lost the election. It's time for you to get over it.

Because she's living rent free in his head.

If you are relying on Hillary to run again in order to hand the 2020 election to Trump then you are not in a position of strength.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports®

Even after they found out he broke the LAW!!!
:confused::confused:
One thing I like about Rasmussen is that they report historical numbers as well as the latest poll result. IMHO trends are more important than snapshot numbers. I also like that they overlay Obama's numbers; since they use the same methodology for him as they do with Trump we get an apples to apples comparison.

One thing I like about Rasmussen is that they report historical numbers as well as the latest poll result. IMHO trends are more important than snapshot numbers. I also like that they overlay Obama's numbers; since they use the same methodology for him as they do with Trump we get an apples to apples comparison.

They use the same methodology, but it’s a bad methodology because they weight by Party ID, which is not a good polling practice. If they guess the partisan makeup correctly they can do “well” like in 2016. If not they can do very poorly like this year and 2014.

And it doesn’t help to compare across years to Obama because they were modeling a different electorate back then. They change it frequently based on what they think the electorate of likely voters will be, which is what polling should be measuring rather than having their assumption built in

Back
Top Bottom