• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump and his supporters have forgotten what it means to be American

All well said...but our politicians still have to remember that there are certain things they must not say or do...and Trump did cross the line.

Ehhhhhh.........Trump is like fingernails and a chalkboard to me.

Hillary is like touching my head hair to wet paint.

Not presidential in any way.

I agree on the speech part for sure. I always look for a president that acts better than my hooligan self.

Ehhhhhh.........Trump is like fingernails and a chalkboard to me.

Hillary is like touching my head hair to wet paint.

Not presidential in any way.

I agree on the speech part for sure. I always look for a president that acts better than my hooligan self.

Okay - you and I agree. Now where's my beer? Make it a Sam Adams - don't you dare bring me a horse-piss Budweiser! Gotta keep up my elitist snobbery, y'know!

Please think it through. Every email has both a sender and a recipient. Maybe more than one recipient. It therefore exists in at least two places. Therefore any release would be instantly checkable -- and a discrepancy would collapse the operation's credibility. Thus, the only way the Russians could gain anything would be for the release to be fully legitimate.

And you still know the Russians would. not. care. They would know - as you surely know - that it's just as Churchill said, that a lie makes it halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its pants. Those who would hate Hillary simply wouldn't care about any such discrepancy - they'd go with whatever terrible, treasonous emails Russia released and call for her head on a plate.

And you know this. Anyone who watched the Benghazi fiasco, what was it - eight investigations, most of which were led by the GOP House Benghazi Committee, and ALL investigations found zero wrongdoing on her part...but you know as well as I do that it was nothing more than political theater, not intended to find guilt, but to keep dragging her name through the mud.

And you know this, just as you know that most conservatives are still convinced that she personally, knowingly, and deliberately allowed the ambassador to die.

All of which is why the Russians simply wouldn't care if there was a discrepancy...because they know that the American Right doesn't care if there's a discrepancy - they proved it with the Benghazi hearings.

Indeed, but the particulars are dependent upon what side you're batting for. And no, Trump didn't cross the line, not in what he has actually said (as opposed to the reported interpretations of what he said).

Guy, I watched what he said, in context, and including the follow-up questions by the reporters during that same conference concerning what he said.

He didn't just cross the line - he drove a Trump airliner across it.

Okay - you and I agree. Now where's my beer? Make it a Sam Adams - don't you dare bring me a horse-piss Budweiser! Gotta keep up my elitist snobbery, y'know!

I am full of compromises.

yuengling_lager.3kyo8ij2is00wk444gsgkgsck.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

I am sitting on the fantail with one right now.

20150222_102537.jpg

Pic from last winter.

And you still know the Russians would. not. care. They would know - as you surely know - that it's just as Churchill said, that a lie makes it halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its pants. Those who would hate Hillary simply wouldn't care about any such discrepancy - they'd go with whatever terrible, treasonous emails Russia released and call for her head on a plate.

And you know this. Anyone who watched the Benghazi fiasco, what was it - eight investigations, most of which were led by the GOP House Benghazi Committee, and ALL investigations found zero wrongdoing on her part...but you know as well as I do that it was nothing more than political theater, not intended to find guilt, but to keep dragging her name through the mud.

And you know this, just as you know that most conservatives are still convinced that she personally, knowingly, and deliberately allowed the ambassador to die.

All of which is why the Russians simply wouldn't care if there was a discrepancy...because they know that the American Right doesn't care if there's a discrepancy - they proved it with the Benghazi hearings.

The target of such an operation would not be the right, but the center. And for that they would need credibility.

The target of such an operation would not be the right, but the center. And for that they would need credibility.

That's your opinion...but the Russians - who can see what's going on just as well as you and I can - could just as easily decide to rile the wingnuts. After all, it worked and is still working with Benghazi....

That's your opinion...but the Russians - who can see what's going on just as well as you and I can - could just as easily decide to rile the wingnuts. After all, it worked and is still working with Benghazi....

The presumed point here would be to win an election. That requires the center. Moreover, release would come via Wikileaks. Again, credibility would be critical.

Back
Top Bottom