• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump administration issues racist school curriculum report on MLK day

Lmao, you're finally understanding the arbitrary nature of picking 1776 because on that day people wrote stuff and the entire point the 1619 project makes.

But maybe not.

Noooo, 1776 as the beginning of the history of the United State of America isnt arbitrary because USA didnt exist in 1775

There were people in America before 1619. Not sure of the relevance of your point. Id theorize somewhere on the west coast of South America, Polynesians began that part of human history in America.

You might want to take a look at 1,000 and/or 1497 (limiting "people" to "persons of White, European, genetic makeup

LOLOL The polynesians werent white.

and "America" to "continental North America).

LOLOL the west coast of South America isnt continental North America

The FOUNDATIONS for the American society were laid well before 1776.

We were discussing the history of the United States of America. Not American Society. You as well, editing out "United States of" from "United States of America" to pretend you have a relevant point.

Noooo, 1776 as the beginning of the history of the United State of America isnt arbitrary because USA didnt exist in 1775
Here is a good tip, to lessen the ignorance in your posts. History is not only about existence but also about what brought about such existence. By your logic, or rather the total lack of it, The Declaration of Independence is not part of US history either.

Lmao, 1775 was happening in America, but 1619 did not?

???? No, there was a year of 1619 in America. America is a landmass. United States of America is a nation. If someone tries to convince you that the United States of America had enslaved African Americans in 1619, they would be full of shit.

Here is a good tip, to lessen the ignorance in your posts. History is not only about existence but also about what brought about such existence. By your logic, or rather the total lack of it, The Declaration of Independence is not part of US history either.

OOOOOk smart guy, what date do we set for the beginning of the history of the United States of America?

???? Because it occured in America, of course Captain obvious.

No it didn't. It occurred in The Province of Massachusetts, a colony of Great Britain. There WAS NO "United States of America" at the time. If one uses your definition, then, if anything, Paul Revere's ride was a part of British history and not of American history.

Rather than "spreading the news from Lexington to Concord" (455.92 km as the crow flies) - as innocent young American school children are taught he did, Revere "spread the news from Lexington to Lincoln" (6.98 km as the crow flies) only to be arrested by the legal authorities (and then released [whereupon he undertook the arduous ride all the way back to Lexington]).

this article is propaganda.

how can stating that you believe something to be incorrect or misleading automatically be targeted as being racist?

who the hell can use that kind of logic except progressives? it is stupid.

Did I say that you were racist simply because you didn't like the fact that I reported that the report had been released?

Obviously you don't know that the Norsemen and the French were NOT "Polynesians". I guess that you missed school that day.

Obviously you don't realize that what is now Newfoundland and Labrador and what is now Quebec are NOT in South America. I guess you missed school that day.

We were discussing the history of the United States of America. Not American Society. You as well, editing out "United States of" from "United States of America" to pretend you have a relevant point.

We aren't. We are watching you foolishly flailing in a farcical fiasco of a futile attempt to defend an idiotic premise (and laughing at you while you do it).

OOOOOk smart guy, what date do we set for the beginning of the history of the United States of America?

It depends . . . It depends upon whether one uses the proclamation by the Continental Congress on September 9, 1776, the initial approval of the Articles of Confederation on
November 15, 1777, by delegates of 12 states, or on March 1, 1781, when Maryland finally approved the Articles or June 21, 1788, when the delegates of 9 states voted in favour of the new Constitution or May 29, 1790, the day that the last state, Rhode Island, approved the new Constitution

Lmao, you are playing a game of semantics. Paul Revere's run happened in 1775. It is considered part of American history. Why is that?

No it didn't. It occurred in The Province of Massachusetts, a colony of Great Britain.

LOLOL, check a map einstein. Massachusetts is within the American landmass

There WAS NO "United States of America" at the time.

Hautuey, who I was responding to was referring to "America", not the United States of America.

If one uses your definition, then, if anything, Paul Revere's ride was a part of British history and not of American history.

Actually it would be a part of British history, American history AND US colonial history under my definition.

So is British Columbia. So what?

The fact of the matter is that there was no "United States of America" for Mr. Revere to conduct his epicly unsuccessful 6.89 km long ride.

Hautuey, who I was responding to was referring to "America", not the United States of America.

And you never, never, never, never refer to your own country as "America" (and always sing "The United States of America the Beautiful".)

[ASIDE - Did you know that the national anthem of the United States of America is one of the very few national anthems that doesn't mention the name of the country that it is the anthem for - not even once?]

Actually it would be a part of British history, American history AND US colonial history under my definition.

Nope, your contention was that there was no such thing as "American history" prior to 1776. (Well, OK, to be technically correct there was no such thing as "United States of American history" prior to 1776.)

BTW - Please take note that it is the official position of the US government that the US does not have and has never had any colonies so there can be no such thing as "US colonial history".

Could you point out where the report says that slavery was beneficial? Thanks.
You know damn well it doesn't use those exact words so don't play semantic games. Academics have widely derid3d it as whitewashing and its been overturned now anyway. Good riddance.

The fact of the matter is that there was no "United States of America" for Mr. Revere to conduct his epicly unsuccessful 6.89 km long ride.

And you never, never, never, never refer to your own country as "America" (and always sing "The United States of America the Beautiful".)

[ASIDE - Did you know that the national anthem of the United States of America is one of the very few national anthems that doesn't mention the name of the country that it is the anthem for - not even once?]

Nope, your contention was that there was no such thing as "American history" prior to 1776. (Well, OK, to be technically correct there was no such thing as "United States of American history" prior to 1776.)

BTW - Please take note that it is the official position of the US government that the US does not have and has never had any colonies so there can be no such thing as "US colonial history".

Paul Revere's run in 1775 happened in America, but 1619 did not. You see, there's a one year margin of error on these arbitrarily chosen dates.

So to is Argentina. And in reference to the occurrence of the original American Thanksgiving I commented

to which you replied

No it didn't.

and I pointed out

Where did I lose you?

I guess that "minorities" is the new dog whistle for "ni***rs" is it?

PS - Statistically speaking I am a member of several "minorities" (including the one that you like to refer to as the "majority" [because "majority" is the new dog whistle for "White"]).
If you wish to refer to them as such, that's your own prerogative.
I'm just pointing at yet another racially charged statement that someone is trying to attribute to another part. Only to miss the fact that it reveals far more about themselves than of the other party.

Ironically, you keep forgetting that calling something a "dog whistle" and then pointing out that you heard it. Means that the impact of the whistle was entirely meant for you.
Namely the same idiots on the left who kept claiming that Trump was using "racist" dog whistles. Yet they were strangely the only ones who could hear them...

I've always thought it was funny how they continually show themselves to be the exact racist that they claim to fight against.

You know damn well it doesn't use those exact words so don't play semantic games. Academics have widely derid3d it as whitewashing and its been overturned now anyway. Good riddance.

I didn't ask for the exact words. Any clear statement that slavery was beneficial would do. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom