• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump administration issues racist school curriculum report on MLK day

Lmao, you are playing a game of semantics. Paul Revere's run happened in 1775. It is considered part of American history. Why is that?

???? Because it occured in America, of course Captain obvious.

There were people in America before 1619.

Lmao, you're finally understanding the arbitrary nature of picking 1776 because on that day people wrote stuff and the entire point the 1619 project makes.

But maybe not.

???? Because it occured in America, of course Captain obvious.

Lmao, 1775 was happening in America, but 1619 did not? I guess 1776 isnt that set in stone then, and the signing of the constitution isnt that relevant.

Lmao..

Academics have already found this 1776 nonsense to be full of holes and openly promote old tropes about slavery and conquest being beneficial and America's white heroes. I prefer my history to be accurate and unbiased.

Could you point out where the report says that slavery was beneficial? Thanks.

Kudos to President Trump's commission for having the guts to speak the brutal truth.

For the next four years (and possibly for the rest of the century), Americans will be hearing the opposite of the brutal truth.

The truth is brutal alright. I think that's what you're afraid of. Oh, how fragile and sesitive the right wing is about hearing a truth that doesn't bend under the gravity of their denial. Grow up.

You do realize that "racism" has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not the "racist" person has the ability to "oppress" the "race" that they are "racist" against, don't you?

You do know that it is as easy for a "Black" person to be prejudiced against a "White" person on the basis of that "White" person's "race" as it is for a "White" person to be prejudiced against a "Black" person on the basis of that "Black" person's "race" - don't you?

What you appear to be referring to is the ABILITY of one person to enforce their "racist" beliefs on others/society.

On that basis, since any "Blacks" who ARE "racist" do not appear to have the ability to enforce their "racist" beliefs on other/society, you are correct when you say "There is no such thing as 'black racism'.".

PLEASE NOTE - Citing only the part of the last sentence above which starts out "you are correct ..." in isolation will be considered a deliberate distortion intended to mislead and cause damage to reputation which will receive the treatment appropriate under the Forum Rules. In fact, citing ONLY the last sentence above will be considered the same.

Ecofarm's take, as you may have missed, is popular among a fringe of thinkers in the world now. A new definition of "racism" has been invented that is only tangentially related to the dictionary definition. If you do not accept that new definition you are "ignorant". So I'm told.

Ecofarm's take, as you may have missed, is popular among a fringe of thinkers in the world now. A new definition of "racism" has been invented that is only tangentially related to the dictionary definition. If you do not accept that new definition you are "ignorant". So I'm told.

Unfortunately I am the product of what used to be known as a "Classical Education" (plus a massively misspent [not that I regret a moment of it] youth) and believe that Humpty Dumpty was a total jerk when he said "When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.".

Once again, it's good to see that you're honest in your own stance against minorities.

I guess that "minorities" is the new dog whistle for "ni***rs" is it?

PS - Statistically speaking I am a member of several "minorities" (including the one that you like to refer to as the "majority" [because "majority" is the new dog whistle for "White"]).

Im defending the concept that United States of America history begins in 1776, nothing more. We celebrate Jesus birthday, but thats not a part of the history of the USA. AND the founding of the USA in 1776 isnt based upon the slavery of 1619. Black slaves got to vote before women did. USA foundational principle is not sexism that denies women the right to own property, vote or avoid being beaten by her husband either. 1619 is propaganda designed to have you believe, exactly as you do.
And Im defending confederate statues, Washington, Jefferson, all historical statues to mob removal.
Canadian history starts before confederation. German history starts before the founding of the first German Empire. French history starts before the the first King of France. Why would the USA be any different?

The world existed long before 4000 BCE

Chinese existed long before the CCP. The US didnt exist until 1776. If there was a rational point made there,, I didnt detect it.

The FOUNDATIONS for the American society were laid well before 1776.

Or did I miss school on the day when they taught how the entire population of the American colonies miraculously appeared on 01 JUL 76 and immediately issued the American Declaration of Independence?

It does not. There were people in America before 1776. We literally teach "colonial history" as a part of US history. We teach Paul Revere's run as American history. What you are arguing doesn't make any sense. It is supranationalist garbage.

Paul Revere? Isn't he the fellow that the Brits arrested before he could carry out his mission?

Paul Revere? Isn't he the fellow that the Brits arrested before he could carry out his mission?

Dont know, it didnt happen in America, but before-America, so its not American history and thus not taught in schools.

Wait.

Dont know, it didnt happen in America, but before-America, so its not American history and thus not taught in schools.

Wait.

I get my history from monuments and it doesn't seem that dude lived near me. Never heard of him.

There were people in America before 1619. Not sure of the relevance of your point. Id theorize somewhere on the west coast of South America, Polynesians began that part of human history in America.

You might want to take a look at 1,000 and/or 1497 (limiting "people" to "persons of White, European, genetic makeup and "America" to "continental North America). 1,526 wasn't all that good for what is now the "continental United States of America" but 1,541 was better and 1,565 was even better than that.

Are you parodying the way you think blacks speak? This has to be one of the most racist OPs of all time.

As usual, I will give your expert opinion all the respect and consideration it deserves.

Canadian history starts before confederation. German history starts before the founding of the first German Empire. French history starts before the the first King of France. Why would the USA be any different?

"American Exceptionalism"?

From CNN

Trump administration issues racist school curriculum report on MLK day

Washington (CNN)A commission stood up by President Donald Trump as a rebuttal to schools applying a more accurate history curriculum around slavery in the US issued its inflammatory report on Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

Trump announced that he was establishing the commission last fall, following a slew of Black Lives Matter demonstrations across the country. He blamed the school curriculum for violence that resulted from some of the protests, saying that "the left-wing rioting and mayhem are the direct result of decades of left-wing indoctrination in our schools."

The commission is an apparent counter to The New York Times' 1619 Project, a Pulitzer Prize-winning project aimed at teaching American students about slavery. Trump, speaking last fall, called the project "toxic propaganda."

A sitting US president typically has the power to dissolve existing presidential commissions and advisory councils, which sometimes provide reports and recommendations to the White House.
It's not clear what action President-elect Joe Biden will take with the commission once he's in office.

COMMENT:-
The "optics" of issuing a report that can easily be read as "Dem No***rs iz gettin' uppity an' its time to putta stop tooit." on MLK Day aren't all that great. Tossing in "An dem Bi**hes haz gotta be slapped down, too." doesn't help.​

this article is propaganda.

how can stating that you believe something to be incorrect or misleading automatically be targeted as being racist?

who the hell can use that kind of logic except progressives? it is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom