• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump administration issues racist school curriculum report on MLK day

Did I say that you were racist simply because you didn't like the fact that I reported that the report had been released?

sorry , you did not , but some of the progressive types are certainly saying it here. I am pointing out the fallacy of that.

that however, does not stop the article from being propaganda.

So to is Argentina. And in reference to the occurrence of the original American Thanksgiving I commented

I don't believe that I made any reference to the occurrence of "the original American Thanksgiving".

However, since you brought that matter up, The earliest recorded North American Thanksgiving dates (unreliably back to 1578 and reliably) back to 1608 - which I believe is slightly prior to the earliest recorded American Thanksgiving in 1621.
Where did I lose you?
[/QUOTE]

When you assumed that "the (North) American land mass" and "the United States of America" meant the same thing.

Last edited:
If you wish to refer to them as such, that's your own prerogative.
I'm just pointing at yet another racially charged statement that someone is trying to attribute to another part. Only to miss the fact that it reveals far more about themselves than of the other party.

Ironically, you keep forgetting that calling something a "dog whistle" and then pointing out that you heard it. Means that the impact of the whistle was entirely meant for you.
Namely the same idiots on the left who kept claiming that Trump was using "racist" dog whistles. Yet they were strangely the only ones who could hear them...

I've always thought it was funny how they continually show themselves to be the exact racist that they claim to fight against.

Did you know that one way of knowing that someone is blowing a dog whistle is watching them blow a whistle from which no audible sound emerges?

The Spanish had little to nothing to do with the founding of the USA

The 1541 settlement was NOT undertaken by the Spanish.

The 1546 settlement resulted in the longest continually inhabited "European origin" settlement in North America and is one that is both still inhabited and within the borders of the United States of America.

The fact that you simply don't know the history of your own country (beyond the fairy tales taught to innocent young American Grade School children) is really NOT my problem.

sorry , you did not , but some of the progressive types are certainly saying it here. I am pointing out the fallacy of that.

that however, does not stop the article from being propaganda.

The distinction between "propaganda" and "news" in the United States of America these days is

1. PROPAGANDA - anything that the recipient doesn't want to hear or anything at all issuing from "The Other Guys" regardless of whether or not the recipient wants to hear it and also regardless of factual content;

and
  2. NEWS - anything that the recipient does want to hear or anything at all issuing from "My Guys" regardless of whether or not the recipient wants to hear it and also regardless of factual content.

The distinction between "propaganda" and "news" in the United States of America these days is

1. PROPAGANDA - anything that the recipient doesn't want to hear or anything at all issuing from "The Other Guys" regardless of whether or not the recipient wants to hear it and also regardless of factual content;

and
  2. NEWS - anything that the recipient does want to hear or anything at all issuing from "My Guys" regardless of whether or not the recipient wants to hear it and also regardless of factual content.

perhaps we should read the discrepancies between the report and the project and decide which is true then.

instead of your comment about the article, which is also propaganda.

perhaps we should read the discrepancies between the report and the project and decide which is true then.

What‽‽‽‽‽‽‽
look at both sides and then form an informed opinion‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽‽

What are you some kind of unAmerican nutcase?

Don't you know that even hinting at the possibility that there might be a rational opinion that differs from the one that you have been told to have is unAmerican.

instead of your comment about the article, which is also propaganda.

You did understand that the comment was about the optics of the report's release and said nothing specific about the actual contents of the report ("could well be read as" and "specifically states" do NOT mean the same thing).

The total of your contribution here.

Here is a good tip, to lessen the ignorance in your posts. History is not only about existence but also about what brought about such existence. By your logic, or rather the total lack of it, The Declaration of Independence is not part of US history either.

Try taking some high school remedial classes.

Just simple facts that can help you overcome the ignorance in your posts.

And I stand by those comments. The posts in question were utterly stupid and uneducated.

Its obvious where the education is missing from. String together a few relevant words if you can

It occurred in The Province of Massachusetts,

That comment was made with respect of Mr. Revere's 6.92 km ride from Lexington to Lincoln (13.84 if you want to include the 6.92 ride back again after being released after being arrested by the lawful authorities).

Have you ever wondered how Mr. Revere managed to get himself released so easily when the lawful authorities were on the alert for rebels, spreaders of sedition and other rabblerousers?

Canadian history starts before confederation. German history starts before the founding of the first German Empire. French history starts before the the first King of France. Why would the USA be any different?

The Goths, Vandals, Celts, Visigoths, etc ran around enslaving people in the territories that would one day become the German State for centuries, but nobody reaches back in history to claim that the German Empire was really founded when the hordes were snatching people from their villages and for inherently evil reasons. So the ball is in your court. Why should the USA be treated differently?

Last edited:
The Goths, Vandals, Celts, Visigoths, etc ran around enslaving people in the territories that would one day become the German State for centuries, but nobody reaches back in history to claim that Germany was founded for inherently evil reasons. So the ball is in your court. Why should the USA be treated differently?

Can you link to what you are specifically mad about?

Its obvious where the education is missing from.
Where one claims that that events before 1776 do not belong to the history of the US. You do not need to reinforce that, as you have amply demonstrated it already.

Not mad. If you want to know what I’m responding to then read the post I quoted.

I did.

Have you considered the possibility that the formation of the German government wasn’t actually identical to the formation of the American government?

I did. Have you considered the possibility that the formation of the German government wasn’t actually identical to the formation of the American government?

I’ve noted that the standard of what constitutes the “formation” of government and the founding of a nation is both arbitrary and selectively applied for the purpose of disparaging the United States.

I’ve noted that the standard of what constitutes the “formation” of government and the founding of a nation is both arbitrary and selectively applied for the purpose of disparaging the United States.

And you don't notice that the standard of what constitutes the “formation” of government and the founding of a nation is both arbitrary and selectively applied for the purpose of lauding the United States (of America [there are other countries which are also "the United States of ___" you know]).

Where one claims that that events before 1776 do not belong to the history of the US.

Actualy in response to
"Starting American history in 1776 is kind of like starting world history 6000 years ago"
I replied
"Its the history of the United States of America silly. Didn't exist until 1776"

The WORLD existed long before 6000 years ago. The United States of America didn't exist until 1776. Would be like starting world history before the matter making up the planet had formed into a sphere and still just an area of matter circling the sun.
AND under your guys silly theories 1619 as the beginning is even more absurd.

But no worries. Bidens first day got rid of the 1776 project. Your children's schools are again free to teach your children that the USA was founded to protect and perpetuate slavery. Round 2 of BLM protest are likely not too far away

Actualy in response to
"Starting American history in 1776 is kind of like starting world history 6000 years ago"
I replied
"Its the history of the United States of America silly. Didn't exist until 1776"
Repeating that does not make it less uneducated and ignorant.

But no worries. Bidens first day got rid of the 1776 project.
Spending tax $s to make ignorant morons and bigots feel better was a waste.

Spending tax $s to make ignorant morons and bigots feel better was a waste.

Not as much of a waste as teaching our kids the USA was founded to protect and perpetuate slavery and 1776 doesn't lead to rioting in the streets.

And repeating that again and again doesn't make it uneducated and ignorant. String together a few words and formulate an argument if you can.

Back
Top Bottom