• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump a good General?

Would Trump have made a good general?

• Say what now? Private bonespurs would have been a really bad general

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Excuse me? He cannot properly lead a cabinet, he would be a terrible general

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Sure, he could have been a good general, of toy soldiers in his attic

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Yes, I believe he would have made a good general, he has leadership qualities

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Yes, Trump can do anything so if he says he would be a good general, I believe him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dude, the man is a raving lunatic, nothing he says is to be believed

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • I am not going to respond to anything that man has to say, I am done with him

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Other, …...................

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
Well USMA seems to be humming along quite well w/o you in The Howitzer..........

Of course. West Point did not need me. However, you will find the names of Stanley McChrystal, Mike Krzyewski and David Petraeus in some issues of the Howitzer which would have included me as well if I had not declined my appointment. A good friend of mine thought he was in the running in his senior year to be the "goat" at his graduation.

Of course. West Point did not need me. However, you will find the names of Stanley McChrystal, Mike Krzyewski and David Petraeus in some issues of the Howitzer which would have included me as well if I had not declined my appointment. A good friend of mine thought he was in the running in his senior year to be the "goat" at his graduation.

USMA “goat” is the academic last. My family has three of the last five generations as Cullam number holders.

Trump didn't go to public schools. Your post was a lie.

I never said he went to public schools. You should pay closer attention to what is actually said instead of jumping to wrong conclusions. That is the biggest problem with so many Trump haters - they misinterpret what he says because they do not pay attention and their bias badly damages their ability to properly comprehend what he actually says.

This is 1 lie, if it really is, but lets assume it is..... kindly list 3499 other Obama lies so that we can consider him a liar at the same level as Trump, otherwise your post is meaningless at it does not establish Obama as one that continues to bear false witness to the American public.

Here is one Swahili lie Obama told: mimi ni kikristo. Nuff said.

You really don't have an argument do you. The thread is about Trump being a good General Officer in our Armed Forces and you've talked about everything else.

Trump is the most incompetent and ill-prepared president we've ever had in our history.<-period

He wouldn't make a pimple on a Generals ass!

You put too much confidence in human generals appointed by atheists and degenerates to positions of respect among other atheists and degenerates.

So you bear unsolicited witness to the accuracy of my post which is unnecessary but accepted as fine and with a thx.

I posted a reply to you but I wrote the post to the reader. It's my normal M.O.

While you did indeed get the message from USMA West Point I do disagree and reject your characterizations of cadet life and the Academy itself. I went through Rotc where the regular Army cadre (in my instance) presented the same curriculum in terms of professionalism.

Each branch of service has its particular creed, code of conduct and the like all of which are designed to produce a secular civil-military relationship under the Constitution to include the First Amendment in respect of religion. You had the option to walk away and you took it. It's all to the good of the service, the professionalism of its officer corps and all personnel, and to the effectiveness of the armed forces. Your walking away freely is the better option indeed than to end up facing the UCMJ dead ahead at some point down the road. Cause the armed forces want disciplined and ready warriors first and foremost not disciples who can't keep their religious feelings and judgements out of it.

A very good friend of mine is fluent in Urdu. He was in the National Guard when his unit deployed to Iraq and they were in desperate need of translators. His superior officers refused to even allow him to go with them overseas because he is a Christian and they said they don't need Christians gumming up the works over there. OK, then. To hell with them and their stupidity.

During a cabinet meeting Trump stated:

On the way to him pronouncing himself a good potential general he gave slighted actual military man Mattis with the statement that he had “essentially” fired the general from his position as Secretary of Defense because he had done “not too good” in Afghanistan.

So what do you think, would Trump have made a good general?

Well he had the chance to find out when he was of age and the country was calling on its young men...

No, you are 3498 lies short of "nuff said"..... fact is, you have "nutin'" to say.

I certainly am wondering on what basis you can ascertain if someone is a Christian or not. Obama claims to profess Christ as his Lord and Savior, which is sufficient. That matter is between he and God. You inability to understand that certainly puts suspicion on you. Are you a Christian? Do you even understand what it means to be a Christian? I, for one, see a lot less fruit on your tree than I do on Obama's.

Last edited:
Well he had the chance to find out when he was of age and the country was calling on its young men...

Hey, I can understand the deferment during his study days but then suddenly having bonespurs? He certainly did not seem to have any issues with them during his school days. Or so it looks.

Proof that he isn't one!! Because to claim that is a lie by Obama is in itself a "pants on fire" comment.

You put too much confidence in human generals appointed by atheists and degenerates to positions of respect among other atheists and degenerates.

You’re the guy that chicken’d out of West Point.

You could have made a difference instead of whining.

Just 3.1% of US people are atheist, 4% are agnostic. So your claim that generals are appointed by atheist and degenerates is nothing more than fake accusations and lies. Clearly you make up nonsense about religion when it suits your ridiculous ideas. And show some respect to generals, they risk their lives for the safety of everybody in the US to be free and safe, such nonsense as you post is totally offensive to generals and those who appoint them.

A very good friend of mine is fluent in Urdu. He was in the National Guard when his unit deployed to Iraq and they were in desperate need of translators. His superior officers refused to even allow him to go with them overseas because he is a Christian and they said they don't need Christians gumming up the works over there. OK, then. To hell with them and their stupidity.

I'm not one to accept your facts or your interpretations of anything. It is conceivable the operations orders of the unit or from higher were written and approved consistent with your statement, and legitimately so, for the purposes and goals of the specific mission, resources, tour deployment time, among other factors.

A factor I'd be interested in first off is what the unit chaplain had to say to your very good friend. Your very good friend did consult a chaplain of course, or perhaps he simply didn't mind not going to Iraq with the unit. Inquiring minds want to know, among other possibilities and probabilities. It would be helpful all the more if you guys could cite any rule, reg., statute to include the UCMJ of course that may have been violated in the instance of your very good friend who speaks Urdu.

Indeed, a glance at this case study could inform interested observers as to why the armed forces which are secular demand professionalism while respecting diversity as appropriate. This would include in other cultures, societies, civilizations as stated in Army doctrine and as observed in the field, i.e., in combatant deployments abroad.

Nor have you stated what a Gen. Trump would do.

You got a fistful of lies while we over here have 4000 of 'em. And in less than half the time. Your Big Lie is on life support it's been so abused and for so long. This comes while you still rant about Bolsheviks in Russia a hundred years ago. And while you accept Trump's crackpot claims and assertions by the daily dozen.

Trump is not trying to redistribute the wealth by taxing rich Americans who do not have their money secured in fake 'charitable' foundations like the Clintons and thousands of other political activists who stupidly and dishonestly say they are for robbing the rich to give to the poor.

USMA “goat” is the academic last. My family has three of the last five generations as Cullam number holders.

Mike Pompeo graduated first in his class at West Point. Before I resigned I was first in my class at USMAPS.

Mike Pompeo graduated first in his class at West Point. Before I resigned I was first in my class at USMAPS.

Without context, I have no reply. USMAPS used to be at Ft. Belvoir........

No, you are 3498 lies short of "nuff said"..... fact is, you have "nutin'" to say.

I certainly am wondering on what basis you can ascertain if someone is a Christian or not. Obama claims to profess Christ as his Lord and Savior, which is sufficient. That matter is between he and God. You inability to understand that certainly puts suspicion on you. Are you a Christian? Do you even understand what it means to be a Christian? I, for one, see a lot less fruit on your tree than I do on Obama's.

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15.

You’re the guy that chicken’d out of West Point.

You could have made a difference instead of whining.

I have lived a very full successful life without the Army. I have no regrets.

Without context, I have no reply. USMAPS used to be at Ft. Belvoir........

You are exactly right. That is where I was stationed in my younger years in the Army.

Trump is not trying to redistribute the wealth by taxing rich Americans who do not have their money secured in fake 'charitable' foundations like the Clintons and thousands of other political activists who stupidly and dishonestly say they are for robbing the rich to give to the poor.

Congrats and by the grace of God of course. Perhaps you were also the first in your class to resign. I'd ask about the decision to resign but methinks people already know what you're going to say about escaping from the tenth ring of Hell and the rest of it.

Trump graduated New York Military to continue on to Fordham and then the Wharton School. I don't know of Trump resigning from anything btw. And you haven't said what a Gen. Trump would have done God bless him had he been in your predicament at USMAPS.

Congrats and by the grace of God of course. Perhaps you were also the first in your class to resign. I'd ask about the decision to resign but methinks people already know what you're going to say about escaping from the tenth ring of Hell and the rest of it.

Trump graduated New York Military to continue on to Fordham and then the Wharton School. I don't know of Trump resigning from anything btw. And you haven't said what a Gen. Trump would have done God bless him had he been in your predicament at USMAPS.

There is no indication that Trump thought like I did when he was in school. There were various reasons underlying my decision to turn down West Point. Probably on top was the fact that I wanted to give my life to serve as a Christian missionary and saw a 5 year commitment to the Army after West Point would hinder me from doing that.

Last edited:
Hey, I can understand the deferment during his study days but then suddenly having bonespurs? He certainly did not seem to have any issues with them during his school days. Or so it looks.

They don't affect school athletes, only potential draftees.

There is no indication that Trump thought like I did when he was in school. There were various reasons underlying my decision to turn down West Point. Probably on top was the fact that I wanted to give my life to serve as a Christian missionary and saw a 5 year commitment to the Army after West Point would hinder me from doing that.

You and Trump thinking are two peas in a pod.

You'd have to work hard to separate he and you in terms that are socio-cultural-political.

In military terms and in respect of national security and sovereignty you follow the leader Trump. We know well who Trump follows. The latest Putin-Trump line is that USA now supports the 1979 USSR invasion of Afghanistan. General (Ret.) Barry McCaffrey said yesterday Trump's "talking points sound like they came from the GRU."

Heaven help us.

Come hell or high water it is on us to make things right. Which is what we will do in the final analysis.

You and Trump thinking are two peas in a pod.

You'd have to work hard to separate he and you in terms that are socio-cultural-political.

In military terms and in respect of national security and sovereignty you follow the leader Trump. We know well who Trump follows. The latest Putin-Trump line is that USA now supports the 1979 USSR invasion of Afghanistan. General (Ret.) Barry McCaffrey said yesterday Trump's "talking points sound like they came from the GRU."

Heaven help us.

Come hell or high water it is on us to make things right. Which is what we will do in the final analysis.

Someone is obviously missing key details in the differences exposed in Putin's and Trump's views. Major differences. There is no solid evidences they are working together in some sort of secret collusion. None. Never has been.

Someone is obviously missing key details in the differences exposed in Putin's and Trump's views. Major differences. There is no solid evidences they are working together in some sort of secret collusion. None. Never has been.

The denial constitutes collusion. Some collude knowingly, others collude obliviously. Still, they collude.

What you've missed over the past three years is, well, all of it. Cause we've gone from collusion to conspiracy to obstruction to money laundering and dealing. Coming soon is a big subpoena case at Scotus and tax filings being revealed via the House committees. Yet the Christian Right will still be in denial because Trump is your morality. And Trump's higher morality is Putin. Now with the second coming of Putin's Russia it's getting time for the Christian Right to face the consequences of their choices.

Back
Top Bottom