• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump 47

Can trump win in 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • No

Votes: 82 73.2%

• Total voters
It's possible, but I consider it a very remote possibility. What I expect is far more likely is a more competent Republican politician using Trump's style of populism to get elected.

Because he is fading rapidly and his mental faculties are waning
Thank you Dr.

And since I have posted multiple times that The Donald shows real failure in that area (so I dont need to diagnose on my own) and you've ignored it every time, I cant say that I put any stock in your diagnosis.

He wont turn anything over. If he has a stroke or something, it wont be up to him.

Thank you Dr.

And since I have posted multiple times that The Donald shows real failure in that area (so I dont need to diagnose on my own) and you've ignored it every time, I cant say that I put any stock in your diagnosis.

He wont turn anything over. If he has a stroke or something, it wont be up to him.
well we should compare notes on how many competency hearings in front of judges we have both conducted.

well we should compare notes on how many competency hearings in front of judges we have both conducted.

Where did you get your MD?

Where did you get your MD?

I guess you don't understand that attorneys conduct competency hearings, not medical doctors. yet another area where you appear completely ignorant

Since you havent acknowledged the low intelligence and poor mental status of The Donald based on evidence presented, I'd say only your blind bias is on display, so I wouldnt accept your judgement.

I'm in the mood for a nice boring presidency. With any luck, Biden will preside over a 4 year snooze fest. 😁

Same...though all the "fact checkers" and "investigative reporting" will go to sleep so who knows what will slip by our attention.

Same...though all the "fact checkers" and "investigative reporting" will go to sleep so who knows what will slip by our attention.
For that I depend on the self interest of the fact checkers.

It's possible, but I consider it a very remote possibility. What I expect is far more likely is a more competent Republican politician using Trump's style of populism to get elected.

Here are two theoretical questions for you to answer:

• The Republican Party has to pick between two candidates;
    • Candidate A who is untrained, unfit, unhealthy, unliked, uninformed, and a total bozo BUT who has an 80% chance of being elected;

or

• Candidate B who is trained, fit, healthy, liked, well informed, and an all round good person BUT who has a 20% chance of being elected;

which one do you think it will pick?
  • The Democratic Party has to pick between two candidates;
    • Candidate C who is untrained, unfit, unhealthy, unliked, uninformed and a total bozo BUT who has an 80% chance of being elected;

or

• Candidate D who is trained, fit, healthy, liked, well informed, and an all round good person BUT who has a 20% chance of being elected;

which one do you think it will pick?

I guess you don't understand that attorneys conduct competency hearings, not medical doctors. yet another area where you appear completely ignorant

I guess that you don't understand that attorneys do NOT present evidence at competency (or any other) hearings and that the EVIDENCE is presented by doctors and that it is the doctors' PROFESSIONAL EXPERT OPINION that is (amongst other things) evidence at competency hearings.

You are a lawyer? Really? If you are since when do you assess competency when you represent people at competency hearings? I was under the impression when I have done them I never assessed anyone's competency I merely represented their right to be present and have the natural rules of justice be followed in the hearing. Since when we do we tribunal counsel diagnose anyone? In fact I have a Master's in Law and another in Applied Psychology and training as a profiler but I have never ever diagnosed anyone. That is left to psychiatrists using the DSV and after they hear the evidence. There is a presumption in law someone is competent until proven incompetent as you would be aware. Its up to the assessors on the panel to determine if there is sufficient evidence to raise probable cause of incompetence not you or I as tribunal counsel. You would know that if you were one. So what is with that crap that you conduct competency hearings. You don't. You never have. Lawyers don't assess mental health issues, doctors do trained in psychiatry and/or specific specialized areas of psychology that may deal with dementia or psychometric testing. Give it a rest.

Agree, except on Carlson, thinking it will be someone in politics already. Tucker makes plenty spouting his nonsense and I doubt he would actually be interested, the job really isn't all that attractive to most.
No more television personalities! Is this a joke, thinking Carlson would be nominated? I think we've learned something from the last four years. The Presidency is not supposed to be about entertainment value, not that snarky, buttheaded Carlson is entertaining anyway. He'd be about like another Trump without the narcissism. That guy doesn't know shit about leading a country, only running his mouth. He has no respect for any opinion but his own, and no ability to listen.

Four years in the wilderness seems rather too long a time for him to maintain the political discipline needed to achieve it. If he didn't win the Rep. nomination he might well stand as an 'independent' candidate though.
Now that's an interesting scenario. We'd better have ranked choice voting in every state by then, if he does. As an Independent, in 4 years he would still draw a lot of votes.

Considering he would be about the same age that Biden is now, in 2024, it would be quite difficult to not be hypocritical in running him. Part of the argument Republicans were making against Biden was he was too old. So you think it would be a good idea to run a Republican candidate in 2024 that is the same age as the person this year that the Republican Party said was "too old"?
Were you around for the SC court nomination? Republicans embrace hypocrisy these days.

Four years in the wilderness seems rather too long a time for him to maintain the political discipline needed to achieve it. If he didn't win the Rep. nomination he might well stand as an 'independent' candidate though.

If he stood as an independent candidate he would only guarantee another Democrat win. The Question is will the Republicans that couldn't stand him and refused to embrace him before he won the nomination then immediately swarmed him to kiss his ass for the next four years going to let him, since he lost, keep the Party for his personal plaything and will he keep them on their knees at his backside? Or by some miracle will they all rise up and put Trump and Trumpism aside as they suddenly find their cajones and their spines and their totally absent conservatism?

Given Trump's medical state he could very well die of a heart attack in the next 4 years.

ANYTHING is POSSIBLE.

Is it PROBABLE that the American people would elect a 79 year old person to the office of President of the United States of America?

I think not.
Biden is 78. I agree that Americans would not elect someone that old - and didn't.

No more television personalities! Is this a joke, thinking Carlson would be nominated? I think we've learned something from the last four years. The Presidency is not supposed to be about entertainment value, not that snarky, buttheaded Carlson is entertaining anyway. He'd be about like another Trump without the narcissism. That guy doesn't know shit about leading a country, only running his mouth. He has no respect for any opinion but his own, and no ability to listen.
Hence why I always say, No One should be able to run for President until they have been elected to a high political office and we have a track record on their real opinions and leadership capabilities. In 2020 trump proved without any doubt that he does not have what it takes and the American People agreed and fired him.

Back
Top Bottom