• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

True Gun Safety in TN (1 Viewer)

I checked out the various "gun safety organizations" like Everytown and Brady Campaign and Giffords.
None of them offer -any- gun safety training, at any level.
The NRA offers any number of them.

Kinda makes you wonder how serious these other organizations are about "safety".
There’s no money in it.

Gun “safety” to them means 100% civilian disarmament and the waiting 30 minutes for the cops to show up to clean up the bodies.
Correct.
They, universally, seek civilian disarmament.

TN is moving forward with a couple of bills that will actually be effective.

1. SB2923 which will require mandatory gun safety training in schools. Note this is NOT instruction on how to shoot a gun. It is how to be safe if you find one.
Beginning with the 2025-2026 school year, this bill requires each LEA and public charter school to annually provide students with age-appropriate and grade-appropriate instruction on firearm safety. The instruction must begin with the earliest appropriate grade, as determined by the departments above, and must continue in each subsequent grade through grade 12. The instruction required must do the following:​
(1) Teach students safe storage of firearms, school safety relating to firearms, how to avoid injury if the student finds a firearm, to never touch a found firearm, and to immediately notify an adult of the location of a found firearm;​
(2) Be viewpoint neutral on political topics, such as gun rights, gun violence, and the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution; and​
(3) Not include the use or presence of live ammunition, live fire, or live firearms.​
2) Tennessee Senate advances bill to arm teachers a year after deadly Nashville school shooting.
This is good news. Teachers who want to be first responders and are appropriately qualified should have that option. Nashville TN police did a great job at Covenant School but police may not always be able to respond as fast.
1714607233501.png

NOT Spam...This is the Gun Control Forum...
-Peace

@JMB1911A1, It can END right here...
The school had gun control, the strictest that there is so it doesn't work. If anything it makes it easier to attack it.

If gun control worked no one would bring a gun under the campus and shoot kids with it. The fact that someone has done that proves that it absolutely cannot work.

I don't think either the pro life or pro choice movements advocate murder.

What does the abortion question have to do with gun safety, other than serve as a dog whistle to consolidate the pack?
@RF667799, I have NO desire to post in any other Gun Forum Thread but my own...
I have been invited by @JMB1911A1 so here we are...
I will NOT post again and will stay in MY lane...
Pass it on...
-Peace my friend...

The school had gun control, the strictest that there is so it doesn't work. If anything it makes it easier to attack it.

If gun control worked no one would bring a gun under the campus and shoot kids with it. The fact that someone has done that proves that it absolutely cannot work.
Sorry @CLAX1911, My post was out of line...
-Peace

G
Pass it on...
-Peace my friend...

Post where you like. I don't see that there are lanes anyone is beholden to so far as where they can post.

Sorry @CLAX1911, My post was out of line...
-Peace
No let's find the poster opinion it's just that there was very strict gun control in effect in Sandy Hook Marjorie Stillman Douglas high School a theater in Aurora at Virginia tech and the list goes on and on.

Gun control made this worse I doubt people would pick places if they knew people would shoot back at them.

Making sure there is no chance at all for them to have any resistance whatsoever really makes schools and various other places perfect targets

Pass it on...
-Peace my friend...
I invited you to debate. Not to post memes that have nothing to do with the discussion topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom