• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Of course truck drivers are part of Trump's base and they have no idea what defund the police means.

I would think that truck drivers will do what is necessary to bring home the bacon......

EDIT: As of June 13, 2020, we’ve had over 1,283 respondents and 79% say they will refuse loads to cities with disbanded or defunded police departments. - from the OP link

Teamster membership a few years ago 1.3 million.

Of course truck drivers are part of Trump's base and they have no idea what defund the police means.

You mean because they think it means what it says?

I bet a large number of truck drivers have been driving for many years. Long before Trump came along.

I bet a large number of truck drivers have been driving for many years. Long before Trump came along.

You believe I was suggesting otherwise? Poorly educated backwards fat toothless Confederate flag waving meth smoking truck drivers have existed since the dawn of combustion engines.

Trump didn't create morons, he's the king of them.

You mean because they think it means what it says?

Because looking beyond Hannity and Limbaugh in the truck, and FoxNews in the motel, is too much to ask.

You believe I was suggesting otherwise? Poorly educated backwards fat toothless Confederate flag waving meth smoking truck drivers have existed since the dawn of combustion engines.

Because looking beyond Hannity and Limbaugh in the truck, and FoxNews in the motel, is too much to ask.

You’re south of the lake, right?

I would think that truck drivers will do what is necessary to bring home the bacon......

EDIT: As of June 13, 2020, we’ve had over 1,283 respondents and 79% say they will refuse loads to cities with disbanded or defunded police departments. - from the OP link

Teamster membership a few years ago 1.3 million.

Some will deliver. Some will stay away. The main thing to take away is that any city with a "defunded police department" is going to be bent over backwards with rates jumping up, not only coming in, but going out as well. Basically those cities are going to be hit with a sizable stupid tax. I also expect that insurance rates for cargo and auto coverage will go up as well as a result. Insurance may also introduce exclusions for some cities. Which would limit the market even further.

Did you know it was illegal for an owner operator to be part of a union? If I didnt own my own truck I would be part of a union. I dont understand why the teamsters never went after the long haul sweatshops like Swift, JB Hunt and the like. A curiosity.

Did it take you all day to think up this stupid stereotyping comment?

Kinda like the bigoted "north of the swamp" comments you made in the past?

Some will deliver. Some will stay away. The main thing to take away is that any city with a "defunded police department" is going to be bent over backwards with rates jumping up, not only coming in, but going out as well. Basically those cities are going to be hit with a sizable stupid tax. I also expect that insurance rates for cargo and auto coverage will go up as well as a result. Insurance may also introduce exclusions for some cities. Which would limit the market even further.

Did you know it was illegal for an owner operator to be part of a union? If I didnt own my own truck I would be part of a union. I dont understand why the teamsters never went after the long haul sweatshops like Swift, JB Hunt and the like. A curiosity.

I did not know that. Keep safe, out there......

Its not their problem. Its BLM's or whoever else is advocating this tripe's problem. They need to be clear in what they are doing. When they say they are defunding the police, people are going to think they are in fact trying to defund the police, because that was what was said.

Another fun word twist for the next 142 days.
NASCAR on FOX right now at Daytona Beach with only Military fans, honoring Flag Day.

Trucks up Interstate 55 already get off at the inter-modal at Arsenal Road Exit 244; so no to Chicago anyway.
(55 is a disaster right now down to one lane 3 miles before exit 244; AaaC)
Same thing with I-57 stopping at an inter-modal short of Chicago.

Freight Rail Map of Class I Carriers in North America - ACW Railway Company .
Pretty overwhelming with just freight lines alone carrying truck beds.
Then there's the monster ships and shipyards.

This doesn't include interstates.

Last edited:

This has nothing to do with Limbaugh or Hannity.

Defund the police is comprised of three words in the English language which have a solid definition.

If your policy proposal is not to defund the police then you need a new slogan which accurately identifies your proposal

I did not know that. Keep safe, out there......

Thanks. I only drive to pinch hit for my people anymore which right now is no work for me. I think I put maybe 3,000 miles on the truck this year. Last 4 months the IFTA tax has been 0 miles logged. At least my contractors are working a bit now. I run the logistics side of the business. I do the billing which is my absolute favorite part of the gig. Its printing money. I do all the regulatory stuff and the sales monkey stuff, basically the back office functions for my contractors. They drive, I office. Bee season will open up in the fall and we will be gear jamming hard then.

Actually a large majority. Truck drivers are as a demographic much older than other professions I think the average age has been 55 as of late.

That was a little funny. I chuckled. :lol:

That was a little funny. I chuckled. :lol:

Without his parents' money, Trump wouldn't be judged competent to drive a truck professionally. He wouldn't have any job. So it's stupid when professionals, however mundane, look up to the moron.

The autonomous ones will.

When I tell my job that I won't do my job, the result is generally that they will fire me. If Trumpster truckers want to take that stand, then I hope that they don't live in a teabilly fire at will state.

Some will deliver. Some will stay away. The main thing to take away is that any city with a "defunded police department" is going to be bent over backwards with rates jumping up, not only coming in, but going out as well. Basically those cities are going to be hit with a sizable stupid tax. I also expect that insurance rates for cargo and auto coverage will go up as well as a result. Insurance may also introduce exclusions for some cities. Which would limit the market even further. Did you know it was illegal for an owner operator to be part of a union? If I didnt own my own truck I would be part of a union. I dont understand why the teamsters never went after the long haul sweatshops like Swift, JB Hunt and the like. A curiosity.

A whole buncha ifs, maybes and a heaping helping of ASSuming... :roll:

Let's wait a bit before declaring a stupid tax shall we????

Without his parents' money, Trump wouldn't be judged competent to drive a truck professionally. He wouldn't have any job. So it's stupid when professionals, however mundane, look up to the moron.

You bashed Trump good. Congratulations.

Drivers are like cats, one doesn't herd them very successfully, otherwise they would be striking every other year to insure their rates stay up. If a lot of them like Trump there's probabley a reason or two why.

After I retired from the Navy I became a owner operator after 6 months. I had been to 49 countries during my career but had only visited or lived in 13 states. I told the wife that I was going trucking and she laughed. 110K later for a Freightliner FLD Classic, and a contract with Schneider National, I was rolling and learning at the same time. If you think OTR truck drivers are stupid, you have another thing coming.

During my 7 years on the road, I had met drivers who were ex teachers, doctors, lawyers, accountants, librarians, Veterinarians, barbers, architects, construction contractors, bakers, clerks etc. etc. etc. A good many of them got into trucking after experiencing burnout in their prior professions, while some of them have had a lifelong romancing of what it's like to be out on the road seeing new things. When I attended the Schneider National 4 day driver orientation, there were drivers from all walks of life that were looking for something different.

True independent truckers know the industry inside and out, and it takes years to understand the nuances that go along with it.

You cannot be stupid out there like Ecofarm stated earlier in this thread, saying that they are too dumb to understand.

When I tell my job that I won't do my job, the result is generally that they will fire me. If Trumpster truckers want to take that stand, then I hope that they don't live in a teabilly fire at will state.

If driver with more than one year of experience and no or few traffic infractions is fired for other than failing a drug test or a major traffic violation, they will be employed that day depending on how late in the day it is they are fired. Its a drivers market to a large degree. If people dont want to go to those places they wont, unless they are paid for it. Take the New York metropolitan area. Most drivers will NOT go there unless they are paid specifically to. In fact many companies advertise no new York or Northeast area routes.

The autonomous ones will.

First, they have to work. Second somebody has to take responsibility for the when they are on the road. Third the governments have to let them stay on the road. 4th they have to be insured. 2 and 4 are the major impediments.

Back
Top Bottom