• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

Of course truck drivers are part of Trump's base and they have no idea what defund the police means.

Defund the police means to not give them any more money and that there will be no more cops...

If people mean restructure then they should say restructure. Being ignorant is no excuse...

If driver with more than one year of experience and no or few traffic infractions is fired for other than failing a drug test or a major traffic violation, they will be employed that day depending on how late in the day it is they are fired. Its a drivers market to a large degree. If people dont want to go to those places they wont, unless they are paid for it. Take the New York metropolitan area. Most drivers will NOT go there unless they are paid specifically to. In fact many companies advertise no new York or Northeast area routes.

I've seen drivers quit or just get fired for refusing to take a load into NYC.

I hated it myself, but I didn't have to do very many of them. At least I knew my way around.

I've seen drivers quit or just get fired for refusing to take a load into NYC.

I hated it myself, but I didn't have to do very many of them. At least I knew my way around.

Forced NYC dispatch is rare.

Schneider made then go.

Most companies say they are not forced dispatched, but I'll guarantee that they will show you the door if you make a habit of refusing loads.

Hah. Not companies with 90%+ turnover. They have a hard enough time keeping drivers. The only one that will force dispatch to NYC area are those that specialize in it. The drivers know what they are getting into with them and those companies pay a premium to get their drivers.

I have been in the business awhile since 1998, have my authority and I have people with their authority that haul my freight. I have family with their own authority and family that is employed with a major company. So yes I do know a thing or about the business.

I do business with many of the majors including Schneider, JB hunt, Landstar, Mercer amongst other. Grant you, the business I do with them is minimal, because most of the time the rates they want to pay are pathetic but occasionally I will move things for them when they do meet my rates.

When its comes to New York City I get asked to go there quite a bit. The standard answer I give is "You will be charged confiscatory rates if you wish to use my services, the current starting minimum rate to go there is $5.00 per mile, plus associated fees, and 25% Northeast market surcharge, provided I can convince one my contractors to even consider the move. I am sure that you can move this for less, and possible faster at another company. Would like contact information for them?"

Truck Drivers Say They Won't Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

I guess we shouldn't take them for granted when we approve of anarchy.

Then they better cease all deliveries to Camden NJ.

By the way, this will be either the thirteenth or fourteenth time I've posted the Camden story here on DP this week so I think I know why you and your friends won't read about it.
It terrifies you to think it can be done and yield positive results.

That illustrates just how bankrupt your position is, because the Camden study proves that defunding a cop shop doesn't mean no more cops.
Yes, I am aware that a handful of anarchists think it does.
Seeing as how anarchists do not vote, their position doesn't have a fart's chance in a cyclotron of seeing the light of day, but I also know you will continue lumping them in with the protesters, again because your position is so bankrupt that you are compelled to do so.

When I tell my job that I won't do my job, the result is generally that they will fire me. If Trumpster truckers want to take that stand, then I hope that they don't live in a teabilly fire at will state.
Most truckers are independent operators. If they refuse to go to certain areas there isnt much that can be done about except offer them finacial incentives

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hah. Not companies with 90%+ turnover. They have a hard enough time keeping drivers. The only one that will force dispatch to NYC area are those that specialize in it. The drivers know what they are getting into with them and those companies pay a premium to get their drivers.

I have been in the business awhile since 1998, have my authority and I have people with their authority that haul my freight. I have family with their own authority and family that is employed with a major company. So yes I do know a thing or about the business.

I do business with many of the majors including Schneider, JB hunt, Landstar, Mercer amongst other. Grant you, the business I do with them is minimal, because most of the time the rates they want to pay are pathetic but occasionally I will move things for them when they do meet my rates.

When its comes to New York City I get asked to go there quite a bit. The standard answer I give is "You will be charged confiscatory rates if you wish to use my services, the current starting minimum rate to go there is $5.00 per mile, plus associated fees, and 25% Northeast market surcharge, provided I can convince one my contractors to even consider the move. I am sure that you can move this for less, and possible faster at another company. Would like contact information for them?"

I've seen Schneider drivers who refused loads into NYC. You might get away with it once or twice, but they will can your ass.

I've hooked to trailers at the Vince Lombardi 2-3 times that drivers had dropped, and I finished their runs into the city. My truck got paid well for it.

They were told to bring their trucks back to the terminal in Carlisle PA........... and were terminated.

They still force dispatch to this day.

I've seen Schneider drivers who refused loads into NYC. You might get away with it once or twice, but they will can your ass.

I've hooked to trailers at the Vince Lombardi 2-3 times that drivers had dropped, and I finished their runs into the city. My truck got paid well for it.

They were told to bring their trucks back to the terminal in Carlisle PA........... and were terminated.

They still force dispatch to this day.

Vince Lombardi a market or dock for refer freight? I am not really as familiar with that side of the business, I do stepdecks, flatbeds, rgn, oversized, live bees, automotive, equipment, and very occasionally tanker. I use vans as storage. I have hauled refeer trailers as the freight.

This is a Schneider regional thing? I have never heard of them doing that. Doesn't mean they dont but I suspect there is more to it. I do work with them on occasion, I have never really had any real inside experience with their system of which I understand is both OTR Regional and has different divisions such as box trailer, tanker and I think intermodal and refeer. IRC we've mostly just hauled priority containers for them. We might have some paint totes too. I have to go back into my records.

Most OTR companies advertise no NYC or no forced and NYC surcharge.

Vince Lombardi a market or dock for refer freight? I am not really as familiar with that side of the business, I do stepdecks, flatbeds, rgn, oversized, live bees, automotive, equipment, and very occasionally tanker. I use vans as storage. I have hauled refeer trailers as the freight.

This is a Schneider regional thing? I have never heard of them doing that. Doesn't mean they dont but I suspect there is more to it. I do work with them on occasion, I have never really had any real inside experience with their system of which I understand is both OTR Regional and has different divisions such as box trailer, tanker and I think intermodal and refeer. IRC we've mostly just hauled priority containers for them. We might have some paint totes too. I have to go back into my records.

Most OTR companies advertise no NYC or no forced and NYC surcharge.

It's the last rest stop on the Jersey Pike. Many a trailer and truck have been abandoned there.

Yes, many companies now try to sell their driving positions as no NYC or forced dispatch, but it's BS. The ones that say no NYC are the ones that usally have their power lanes in some other part of the country anyways.

If you become a PITA by refusing loads, they will make your miles disappear, or just ask you to turn in the truck.

Go into the TRUCKERS REPORT link and search forced dispatch and see what the guys and girls have to say.

forced dispatch ???? | TruckersReport.com Trucking Forum | #1 CDL Truck Driver Message Board

Back
Top Bottom