• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trayvon Martin’s social media posts may come up at trial [W: 980]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm applying a reasonable standard. Those who think "putting up a hood in the rain" is suspicious are the ones who are projecting their own beliefs and assuming that "normal people" agree with them

How about answering the rest of those questions?

No, I'm applying a reasonable standard. Those who think "putting up a hood in the rain" is suspicious are the ones who are projecting their own beliefs and assuming that "normal people" agree with them

that's right...keep ignoring the context of the act which disputes your agenda

Again, that quote says nothing about Zimmerman or Martin

Care to try again? Or will you post more evidence that you don't actually read what others have written?

oh please, it was obvious to anyone with a brain that he was referring to zimmerman. just more evidence of how desperate you are to ignore the truth

Show me what posts of mine that you are refering to. Lets see context. And the only derogatory remarks that I have made in this thread have been directed at you because of your attitude and failure to back up your claims.

I have backed up EVERY claim I've made and I'm STILL waiting for you to back up the claim that M did anything that would be considered suspicious

But here's some

I'd suggest that you just ignore him. He is just trolling.

*yawn*

When you come up with something actually relevent in your posts let me know please.

And while you claim that the only derogatory remarks you've made were directed at me, the truth is you have been good at sharing your childish vitriol

So you have no proof yet you are quite willing to make a factual statement.

I've got the deed to the Brooklyn Bridge....want to buy it from me?

Well now, that is a different bar to clear isn't it...Why is it that you were talking about, and I answered to the charge of "suspicious behavior" with documentation, so what do you do move the bar to "about to engage in criminal behavior".... Now cut the crap dude....

You don't think that "hand in his waistband, was holding something in his other hand, and was walking around slowly in the rain looking at houses." with a hoodie raised, is suspicious? I got news for ya, most people do, including police.

Why don't you quit "baiting" the thread dude...

The law? You mean as in police? Well, that's an easy one...

Police consider "suspicious activiety" ie: 'Anything that seems out of place for the time, and place.'

And trust me, you can, and will be confronted by law enforcement if you seem out of place in any way these days.

j-mac

No, the behaviors you mentioned are not considered suspicious behavior. Not by the police or by "normal" people

Hand in the waistband? Plenty of men adjust the family jewels in public.
Holding something in their hand? Gee, do you really think "holding something" sounds suspicious?
Walking slowly? You must think senior citizens are "suspicious"
Looking at houses? Really?
Putting a hood (not a hoodie) up? In the rain? Really?

:lamo

oh please, it was obvious to anyone with a brain that he was referring to zimmerman. just more evidence of how desperate you are to ignore the truth

And it was obvious that M was behaving suspiciously. After all, "holding something in your hand" sure is "suspicious"

You don't think that "hand in his waistband, was holding something in his other hand, and was walking around slowly in the rain looking at houses." with a hoodie raised, is suspicious? I got news for ya, most people do, including police.
What else besides houses is one supposed to look at when walking through a neighborhood surrounded by houses? I can't even begin to guess why you find that suspicious.

No, the behaviors you mentioned are not considered suspicious behavior. Not by the police or by "normal" people

Hand in the waistband? Plenty of men adjust the family jewels in public.
Holding something in their hand? Gee, do you really think "holding something" sounds suspicious?
Walking slowly? You must think senior citizens are "suspicious"
Looking at houses? Really?
Putting a hood (not a hoodie) up? In the rain? Really?

:lamo

Dude, I have a buddy of mine from down the street who happens to be a cop sitting right here with me, he just read this and his direct quote was "Man, that guy is one dumb J*** A**!" :lamo He also says "go on out into a gated neighborhood with a hoodie on, and walk around with your hand in your waistband, close to homes, and let him see you, you will be detained until he is assured you are not a criminal."

You don't have a clue dude.

j-mac

What else besides houses is one supposed to look at when walking through a neighborhood surrounded by houses? I can't even begin to guess why you find that suspicious.

It's about proximity, and what we don't know is what he was "looking at" in relation to these houses...ie; in windows? at doors? Was he close enough to be doing that? or Was he on the sidewalk?

j-mac

That's not true. He stated that Martin was poking around the back sides of people's condos, then seeing him watching Martin angrily approached him while reaching into his pocket and waistband - but then seeing Zimmerman on the phone Martin turned, ran and hide - though someone being on the phone isn't any reason to run and hide - all of which is clearly notably "suspicious."
Why do you always make **** up?

Kindly quote Zimmerman saying that observed Martin poking around the back sides of people's condos???

It's about proximity, and what we don't know is what he was "looking at" in relation to these houses...ie; in windows? at doors? Was he close enough to be doing that? or Was he on the sidewalk?

j-mac
There is no sidewalk. So again I ask, because you didn't answer the first time ...

What else besides houses is one supposed to look at when walking through a neighborhood surrounded by houses?

There is no sidewalk. So again I ask, because you didn't answer the first time ...

What else besides houses is one supposed to look at when walking through a neighborhood surrounded by houses?

Like I said, it is about proximity to the homes...I have been around long enough in life to observe people walking to a destination in the rain, and let me tell ya, most don't saunter around looking at the landscape, they usually walk with purpose, toward their destination to get out of the rain...

j-mac

Dude, I have a buddy of mine from down the street who happens to be a cop sitting right here with me, he just read this and his direct quote was "Man, that guy is one dumb J*** A**!" :lamo He also says "go on out into a gated neighborhood with a hoodie on, and walk around with your hand in your waistband, close to homes, and let him see you, you will be detained until he is assured you are not a criminal."

You don't have a clue dude.

j-mac

I"m sure you have a cop sitting right there with you. And I'm sure he considers "holding something in his hand" to be "suspicious behavior" :roll:

j-mac

You've said nothing about proximity until now, nor have you said anything about what he was looking at.

Like I said, it is about proximity to the homes...I have been around long enough in life to observe people walking to a destination in the rain, and let me tell ya, most don't saunter around looking at the landscape, they usually walk with purpose, toward their destination to get out of the rain...

j-mac

You've said nothing about Martins proximity to any house.

I"m sure you have a cop sitting right there with you. And I'm sure he considers "holding something in his hand" to be "suspicious behavior" :roll:

Yeah, like I said he is a neighbor of mine, and his wife and mine are friends. They popped over for a visit....And, like he said, 'Anything that is out of place, for the area, or activities that seem out of place at the moment raise suspicion.'

But don't take my word for it, go ask a law enforcement officer yourself...meh, forget it, you never would, because you think you know more than they do anyway.

You've said nothing about proximity until now, nor have you said anything about what he was looking at.

SY was talking about something different than you were.

You've said nothing about Martins proximity to any house.

Are you for real? What is you problem man?

j-mac

Yeah, like I said he is a neighbor of mine, and his wife and mine are friends. They popped over for a visit....And, like he said, 'Anything that is out of place, for the area, or activities that seem out of place at the moment raise suspicion.'

Yeah, I believe ya! And I believe that "holding something in your hand" is an activity that would seem out of place while walking down the street :roll:

But don't take my word for it, go ask a law enforcement officer yourself...meh, forget it, you never would, because you think you know more than they do anyway.

I asked my neighbor, who's a cop. He laughed at the idea that holding something while walking slowly is suspicious

SY was talking about something different than you were.

And you spoke about something that has no relevance

Are you for real? What is you problem man?

LOL! I have a problem, but only if you call "laughing my ass of at your inane claims" a "problem"

Last edited:
LOL! I have a problem, but only if you call "laughing my ass of at your inane claims" a "problem"

Nah, you can be as big a douche as you want. But don't think that others in here don't see it. :wink:

j-mac

Nah, you can be as big a douche as you want. But don't think that others in here don't see it. :wink:

j-mac

There are plenty of people who "see" things that aren't there, such as "suspicious behavior" like "walking slowly" :lamo

There are plenty of people who "see" things that aren't there, such as "suspicious behavior" like "walking slowly" :lamo

Ok, you are boring me now...I'll part with this thought, 'The man who always thinks he is right, is wrong'.....

j-mac

George Zimmerman is a stark reminder that in America you are guilty until proven innocent. The Trayvon Martin issue has been one of the biggest distractions from serious political issues in years. People shoot people all the time. I live in Florida, and one local pastor at a church in the Tampa Bay area said that this incident has sent the civil rights movement back 50 years... I find that to be incredibly insulting to all the progress that has been made. We don't have White and Colored bathrooms, Restaurants, Water fountains, etc. How could you really say that this event has really damaged race relations so much? I was infuriated when I heard that. It is obvious that there is an endeavor to incite racial division amongst people. I am sad that Mr. Martin was killed, but simultaneously I am sorry that this issue is as "important" as the media and liberal and racist groups like the NAACP are making it out to be.

Ok, you are boring me now...I'll part with this thought, 'The man who always thinks he is right, is wrong'.....

j-mac

I can understand why you'd describe "getting pwned" by me as "boring", seeing how it happens all the time.

Maybe someday you'll part by posting an example of Martin doing anything that a reasonable person would describe as "suspicious behavior". "Holding something" does not count

j-mac

And I am young enough to recall not caring so much about getting wet in the rain at 17. Trayvon apparently didn't care too much as he trekked about a mile in each direction to go to 7-11 just for an iced tea and a bag of Skittles. And "saunter" is your verb, not Zimmerman's.

All Zimmerman said was, "This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about ... He looks black ... Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring … looking at all the houses ... Now he's just staring at me."

You were the one to suggest Trayvon could have been looking in windows ... Zimmerman never said he was.

You were the one to suggest Trayvon could have been nefariously looking at doors ... Zimmerman never said he was.

You were the one to inject suspicion as to Trayvon's proximity to the sidewalk ... but there was no sidewalk.

All Zimmerman said was that Trayvon was "looking at all the houses."

So again I ask, because I still haven't gotten an answer yet from you ...

Should I stop asking because you really have no intent on answering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom