• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transwomen are not women and why radfems object to the idea

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on this blog by a transwoman. It's a very interesting and thought-provoking article.

I will try to get to it later this week. Right now too long a driving day.

There's only one God and in His book, the Qur'an, Satan says (4:119 interpretation of meaning): "And surely I will lead them astray, and surely I will arouse desires in them, and surely I will command them and they will cut the cattle' ears, and surely I will command them and they will change Allah's creation. Whoso chooseth Satan for a patron instead of Allah is verily a loser and his loss is manifest"
The Goddess disagrees with you.

TERFs are going to TERF.

According to TERFs, this is a woman because he was born female, depite his male gender identity. TERFs are to geder what ISIL/fundamentaists are to religion. They are hated in most of the LGBT community.

image.jpg
seems to be a woman if that is so its just what a women can be includes having facial hair and big muscles

seems to be a woman if that is so its just what a women can be includes having facial hair and big muscles
Plenty of cis women have facial hair. There are also plenty of body builder women so muscles are not uncommon.

But we know much more about the sexual organs.
No doubt - the obvious ones (most of the time), but the most important sex organ is in our skull. Always remember, everything we think, do, or say (including about sex), is simply a chemical reaction.

You and a few other conservatives want to only focus on DNA and chromosomes when medical science has said that those aren't the deciding determinate of what differentiates male from female or that our gender identity isn't a binary male or female, but is just as varied as our sexual orientation. This has been explained to you over and over but you refuse to learn and accept the facts so there is no point in trying to have this conversation when you reject medical fact.

Is it the fact that trans people exist and have always exited as long as we have written records bothers you in some way? Is that existence threatening to you and your worldview?

No doubt - the obvious ones (most of the time), but the most important sex organ is in our skull. Always remember, everything we think, do, or say (including about sex), is simply a chemical reaction.
That's your opinion.

You and a few other conservatives want to only focus on DNA and chromosomes when medical science has said that those aren't the deciding determinate of what differentiates male from female

Good lord. DNA is the only thing that determines if someone is male or female. I... I just have no words.

If being a man and a woman is a choice and a non-binary person is neither a man or a woman, then I guess someone could identify as being both a man and a woman at the same time.

If being a man and a woman is a choice and a non-binary person is neither a man or a woman, then I guess someone could identify as being both a man and a woman at the same time.
Then how long will it be until someone can identify as a man and a dog at the same time?

Good lord. DNA is the only thing that determines if someone is male or female. I... I just have no words.
So which is the deciding factor: the presence or absence of the Y chromosome or the presence or absence of the SRY gene?

Gender identity, but not gender.
You point is why the terms sex and gender are becoming separate words for separate things. Gender is now the identity and sex the birthed body.

He can be taught! However, it's not a choice.

You and a few other conservatives want to only focus on DNA and chromosomes when medical science has said that those aren't the deciding determinate of what differentiates male from female or that our gender identity isn't a binary male or female, but is just as varied as our sexual orientation. This has been explained to you over and over but you refuse to learn and accept the facts so there is no point in trying to have this conversation when you reject medical fact.

Is it the fact that trans people exist and have always exited as long as we have written records bothers you in some way? Is that existence threatening to you and your worldview?

sex makes for a better definition the alterative is just making gender a set of stereo types

or if you have a free for all with every one picking their label then theirs no difference at all between genders and no meaning to them

its better to expand acceptance of what some one with a xx or xy chromosome can look like and behave like(while keeping in mind some people fall outside of that) without creating new boxes to to them in or striping all meaning between men and women

Plenty of cis women have facial hair. There are also plenty of body builder women so muscles are not uncommon.
true but then its dumb to show a muscular woman with facial hare to try and make people uncomfortable with calling such a person a woman

So which is the deciding factor: the presence or absence of the Y chromosome or the presence or absence of the SRY gene?

Both of those things are DNA. What do you think determines if someone is biologically male or female if not DNA? Feelings? Magical pixies?

Both of those things are DNA. What do you think determines if someone is biologically male or female if not DNA? Feelings? Magical pixies?
Hormones, chromosomes, etc.

Hormones, chromosomes, etc.
um chromosomes are large sections of are dna aren't they ? hormones also being something that's made under the direction of dna though exposure to outside sources of those can effect future production and genetic expression

I'm assuming that everyone here (except possibly Lisa) knows that males and females are biologically different, right? I'd like to know what level I'm working with here. Can we at least agree on this?

Chromosomes are DNA. Hormone production is determined by DNA - everything is determined by DNA.
Nope. Hormone levels can be changed which change the body in very significant ways.

Back
Top Bottom