• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Transcript of Marie Yovanovitch released, read it here

317 pages. A comprehensive deposition.

Somewhere, buried in that monster, is a needle.

Basically she blames everything that's wrong in the world on Trump and claims she tried to warn him but he wouldn't listen.

First Trump supporters were bitching that the deposition was done in secret. Now they're bitching that the deposition requires reading.

Maybe trump supporters just like to bitch.

Basically she blames everything that's wrong in the world on Trump and claims she tried to warn him but he wouldn't listen.

Yes, we're all sure that you read 300 pages in twenty-five minutes.

It's not the testimony that matters it's the narrative. Ask Adam Schiff about his impeachment inquiry opening "parody" speech.

It's not the testimony that matters it's the narrative. Ask Adam Schiff about his impeachment inquiry opening "parody" speech.

Since you don't want to read then you are excused from the conversation.

First Trump supporters were bitching that the deposition was done in secret. Now they're bitching that the deposition requires reading.

Well, yes, we just like to bitch. Especially here on DP.

But this isn't a complaint I have just in this instance. Its in general. I feel that, in the last 30 years or so, our government, and through them, our laws, have become cumbersome intentionally. We've buried true meaning in oceans of words, in the hopes that it won't be readily noticeable. Patriot Act? Affordable Care Act? Oceans of words, concealing the true purpose of their being.

Albert Einstien, a man whom we all agree was pretty smart, on e said something to the effect of, if you can't explain something simply, it simply means you don't understand it well enough. 317 pages of deposition about a phone call that lasted less than 10 minutes?

Yeah. Lets bury a fact within 316 pages of opinions.

The phone call was under 10 minutes. Why would it take longer than that to read a deposition about it?

The phone call was under 10 minutes. Why would it take longer than that to read a deposition about it?

Because Congressmen had a lot of questions for her.

They like to swamp people with useless bloviation and then gig them for not reading every word. I like their moxy.

Last edited:

The deposition isn’t about the phone call. So far, 51 pages in, its mostly about what Giuliani and his money laundering pals were doing over there.

But this isn't a complaint I have just in this instance. Its in general. I feel that, in the last 30 years or so, our government, and through them, our laws, have become cumbersome intentionally. We've buried true meaning in oceans of words, in the hopes that it won't be readily noticeable. Patriot Act? Affordable Care Act? Oceans of words, concealing the true purpose of their being.

Albert Einstien, a man whom we all agree was pretty smart, on e said something to the effect of, if you can't explain something simply, it simply means you don't understand it well enough. 317 pages of deposition about a phone call that lasted less than 10 minutes?

I admire Einstein's philosophical wordsmithing, to the point I bought a book of his quotes. I don't remember the one you supplied, but I really like it.

BTW - Einstein, who sucked at math (relatively speaking), considered himself a philosopher firstly!

The content wasn't wrong despite Schiff gaving his own spin on the memo, saying this was “the essence of what the president communicates” in his call with Zelensky “in not so many words.”

Later in the same hearing, Schiff said the summary “was meant to be at least part in parody.” And it wasn't wrong.

The deposition isn’t about the phone call. So far, 51 pages in, its mostly about what Giuliani and his money laundering pals were doing over there.

This could be bad for Giuliani if true. Anything in there about the Bidens yet? No, nothing? That's strange.

They're required to make defiant-sounding noises at anything that threatens the orange lout.

You're comparing the Patriot Act to a deposition? The ACA? You are appointing yourself to the role of declaring just how long a deposition is allowed to be? If a deposition is longer than non-lawyer KevinKohler thinks it should be, that means a "fact" has been nefariously "buried" within it, and therefore, at His Lordship Kohler's pronouncement (made without reading the deposition, of course) the deposition means nothing?

What is this profoundly stupid dishonesty?

You people really are required to say meaningless bull**** just to try to mess up every thread about Trump, aren't you? At least I hope that's it. I certainly hope nobody would be capable of actually thinking that somehow, a deposition can be compared to the ACA and attacked based on its length.

This could be bad for Giuliani if true. Anything in there about the Bidens yet? No, nothing? That's strange.

It could also be bad for the President since, per this deposition, Giuliani was leaving Ukrainian leadership with the impression that he was representing/speaking on behalf of the President.

The actual phone call was more like 30 minutes in length. What Trump exposed to the public was under 10 minutes in length. The entire conversation was deemed by White House attorneys necessary to be kept locked up in the secure server where generally only the most secretive matters pertaining to national security ordinarily go. There's a reason why they felt it was necessary to lock it up where nobody could read it and we're all about to find out why.

I admire Einstein's philosophical wordsmithing, to the point I bought a book of his quotes. I don't remember the one you supplied, but I really like it.

BTW - Einstein, who sucked at math (relatively speaking), considered himself a philosopher firstly!

I'm not sure that is an Einstein quote, but if he's going to try to apply it to a deposition rather than something like an essay or a speech, he utterly fails to understand it.

Of course, that's not what's going on. It's just another intellectually dishonest attempt to try to say "don't look there. Look over here, at this squirrel. See? SQUIRREL!"

I'm not sure that is an Einstein quote, but if he's going to try to apply it to a deposition rather than something like an essay or a speech, he utterly fails to understand it.

Of course, that's not what's going on. It's just another intellectually dishonest attempt to try to say "don't look there. Look over here, at this squirrel. See? SQUIRREL!"

The complaint about the length of the transcript reminds me of the attitude of the character in this clip:

Back
Top Bottom