• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Tony Snow, Former White House Press Secretary and FOX News Anchor, Dies at 53

"Federal law gives you the right to emergency care, regardless of your ability to pay."

Hmm. Very interesting.
Of course, I already knew that free medical care was my right; for over a decade, I was uninsured and simply walked in to the emergency room for treatment whenever I got sick. Sometimes I used my real name; sometimes I used an alias. If you use your real name, they still can't make you pay, but I think it can screw up your credit or something. Credit isn't something that people like me worry about, though. It's not something I'll ever need.
If I needed a prescription and couldn't afford it, I claimed to be indigent, and they either gave me samples or filled my prescription in the hospital pharmacy. Times when I didn't have a car and was too sick to walk or ride the bus, they gave me a voucher for a cab home.

Nobody in any hospital ER ever treated me unkindly or refused me treatment at any time, for any reason. I never felt that the treatment I received was substandard because I couldn't pay. Nobody ever suggested, implicitly or explicitly, that I didn't have a right to be there, or that I ought to pay.

Snow did poorly in his roles as the press secretary and journalist, but that doesn't mean he deserved to die either. Dying at a relatively young age must be terrible for his family.

yOU GOTTA BE JOKING, he was probably the pest press sec that we have seen. He relished the tough ones. Don't be so partisan.

And his interviews with different political people were excellent.

His peers of both sides had nothing but praise for him.

Rev,
Thanks for responding to that poorly thought through attempt to smear a dead man. Yes, apparently being a journalist associated with the #1 cable news network and securing one of the most visible and high profile jobs in the world means one has done ……poorly. Chuckle.

Some people are so desperate to malign and smear dead people who dared work for a republican administration, that they are willing to commit totally and with abandon to acting and appearing a total 100% boob. Living in a cave perhaps?:roll:

RIP Mr. Snow. I understood last year (based upon the diagnosis) that you would not be with us much longer. Best to your family and friends.

Back
Top Bottom