• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Tony Snow, Former White House Press Secretary and FOX News Anchor, Dies at 53

Like Tony Snow's colon cancer, my husband's has returned and it's worse than the first time. My husband is in his forties. The test is not standard until the age of fifty without a family history of colon cancer. I therefore feel it's very hurtful and wrong for you to say that there is no reason to die from colon cancer.

I am sorry about your husband...I hope he makes a complete recovery.............My son in law is 40 and he had a colonoscopy so I don't think its written in stone that you have to wait until 50........Katie Coric's husband was in his forties and he died from Colon Cancer..........I know a Chief in the Navy who died at 39...........

My wife is a recovering Ovarian Cancer patient.....She was classified as a 3 moderate.........It has been touch and go but is in remission at the moment....She is a fighter and fight like hell for her life.......

I would like to pray for your husband...............I would like to light a candle for him before Mass in the morning.......Please tell him don't give up, don't ever give up..........

Last edited:
Nobody has been doing that. NP is just making **** up again.

For you to defend the Huffington Post and the Daily KOs for the ugly comments they made about Tony Snow is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard........I mean I have heard of hate and you can sit there and make jokes but this takes the cake...........

Please provide a link.

I really don't care if the guy died or lived he is not family and why you guys view him that why I really do not understand. He was a celebrity and that is about it IMHO. After all he never expressed any profound ides but he was a good PR guy.

It was 2 years ago.....Beleieve what you want.....I don't give a ****.........

:lol:

First it was all libs (presumably including any here on DP).

Now it's some clown on DailyKos, way back when.

:lol:

I never said anyone in DP posted to those sites......The only person that might do it would be you...........

For you to defend the Huffington Post and the Daily KOs for the ugly comments they made about Tony Snow is one of the most disgusting things I have ever heard........I mean I have heard of hate and you can sit there and make jokes but this takes the cake...........

Where did I defend them? I didn't.

You're just a loudmouth and a liar.

Moderator's Warning:
Yet another thread about a someone's death that turns into partisan idiocy and personal attacks. What a surprise. :roll: NP, stop the partisan-personal attacks. Doc, stop all the attacks. The rest of you, stop the nastiness, be it initiating or responding. From here on any violations will be met with infractions or thread bans. If you can't post according to the rules, don't post.

I heard he fought to the end...........He was quit a guy..........He had friends that were both Liberal and Conservative...........

I saw a picture of him a few weeks ago, he looked like my grandfather I couldnt believe how hard the cancer hit him.

1069 - get a ****ing clue. Get a job that provides you with insurance.

My job does "provide insurance"; for $160 a month, which is more than I can spare at the moment. Especially since I'm in my early 30s and in perfect health.

There's a very small percentage of people in this country that have everything "handed to them".

Guess I'm one of them. My family pays for my insurance. I am, as of last January 1st, among the insured. I feel dreadful being insured when 18% of my fellow Americans- many of whom work harder and need insurance far more than I do- are not.
It's not fair. It's intolerable.

For the rest of us, we have to go out and make our own living.

I'm vaguely familiar with the concept.

That means, working hard and providing for those we love.

Well, you're close: I work hard, and then those who love me provide for me, yeah. Too bad for those who didn't have the foresight to be born to rich parents. They work hard, but nobody provides for them.

It doesn't mean that the government is there to provide for us, because they aren't.

Then why do they take so much of my money?
Medical care is a right, not a privilege.
Come November, Barack is going to show you how that works.

RIP Tony Snow

As for the Daily KOS and Media Matters comments, people have to realize that the internet affords people a great amount of anonymity. So they can pretty much say whatever they want, regardless of how horrible it is. Does this mean that they really feel that way? I'm sure some do, but it obviously doesn't bespeak of the whole group. Go to any unmoderated comments section on the net and you'll probably find a plethora of horrible comments. People like to be assholes, and they like it even better when there are no consequences for their actions. The fact that the right is using this as ammo to attack the left is pretty sad. I think it's obvious that the majority of us don't wish ill will of people and political figures just because we don't agree with them. That's an absolutely absurd notion.

IF you go back and read for once you will see I did not say all Liberals.I said the far left whacko Liberals that post to Daily Kos, Moveon and Huffington post...........It hurt me when I read those cruel things the said about him......You really need to learn how to read...........

Well the far left whackos on he INTERNET got what they wanted when they wished him dead..........

That is your response? Seriously?

P/N nailed you straight on the head and all you can say was that?

You obviously tried to argue that all liberals and leftists (who you define as anyone who ever disagrees with you on anything) were represented by less then 20 posters. That's insane. It's like saying that Osama Bin Laden represents all Muslims. That Fawell represented all Christians. That all punk rockers were exactly the same as Sid Vicious.

Furthermore, when we use your logic against you, namely in asking you if we can stereotype all republicans based on the actions of a few, you insult us. That's massive hypocrisy.

Grow up.

Furthermore, Tony Snow bashed Bush before accepting the job. That's downright questionable ethics.

I saw a picture of him a few weeks ago, he looked like my grandfather I couldnt believe how hard the cancer hit him.

He knew he was terminal but he fought to the very end.......He had amazing courage.....

Snow did poorly in his roles as the press secretary and journalist, but that doesn't mean he deserved to die either. Dying at a relatively young age must be terrible for his family.

yOU GOTTA BE JOKING, he was probably the pest press sec that we have seen. He relished the tough ones. Don't be so partisan.

And his interviews with different political people were excellent.

His peers of both sides had nothing but praise for him.

RIP Tony Snow

As for the Daily KOS and Media Matters comments, people have to realize that the internet affords people a great amount of anonymity. So they can pretty much say whatever they want, regardless of how horrible it is. Does this mean that they really feel that way? I'm sure some do, but it obviously doesn't bespeak of the whole group. Go to any unmoderated comments section on the net and you'll probably find a plethora of horrible comments. People like to be assholes, and they like it even better when there are no consequences for their actions. The fact that the right is using this as ammo to attack the left is pretty sad. I think it's obvious that the majority of us don't wish ill will of people and political figures just because we don't agree with them. That's an absolutely absurd notion.

https://www.msu.edu/user/trescami/thesis.htm

The Impact of Anonymity on Disinhibitive Behavior Through Computer-Mediated Communication

By Michael Tresca

A thesis Submitted to Michigan State University in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of MASTER OF THE ARTS

Tony Snow was a great Press Secretary........Even his opponents said so......

To be fair to the guy he didnt stray away from those who opposed his views he went on bill mahers show when Maher had totally gone down the liberal road and had all the panel against him and the audience.

My job does "provide insurance"; for $160 a month, which is more than I can spare at the moment. Especially since I'm in my early 30s and in perfect health.

Guess I'm one of them. My family pays for my insurance. I am, as of last January 1st, among the insured. I feel dreadful being insured when 18% of my fellow Americans- many of whom work harder and need insurance far more than I do- are not.
It's not fair. It's intolerable.

I'm vaguely familiar with the concept.

Well, you're close: I work hard, and then those who love me provide for me, yeah. Too bad for those who didn't have the foresight to be born to rich parents. They work hard, but nobody provides for them.

Then why do they take so much of my money?
Medical care is a right, not a privilege.
Come November, Barack is going to show you how that works.
Where is this written?

Methinks your attempt at sarcasm or making a point or whatever it is you tried doing here, fell flat.

How so? Look at how many people thanked CoffeeMan for his comment? It was an uncalled for comment. There's no place for that kind of partisan comments when dealing with death. NO PLACE. :roll:

Where is this written?

On the wall of any emergency room.

So this grants everyone a right to it? Using that logic, I guess blacks didn't have the right to use a water fountain that said "Whites Only". They couldn't eat in a restaurant that had a sign posted that said "Whites Only". Rights are guaranteed by our Constitution, not some sign on a wall. Once again, nice try but you came up a wee bit short, yet again.

yOU GOTTA BE JOKING, he was probably the pest press sec that we have seen. He relished the tough ones. Don't be so partisan.

And his interviews with different political people were excellent.

His peers of both sides had nothing but praise for him.

Hmm thanked by both IT and NP? Can this be happening? :mrgreen:

So this grants everyone a right to it? Using that logic, I guess blacks didn't have the right to use a water fountain that said "Whites Only". They couldn't eat in a restaurant that had a sign posted that said "Whites Only". Rights are guaranteed by our Constitution, not some sign on a wall. Once again, nice try but you came up a wee bit short, yet again.

Wait. A sign stating that everyone has the right to emergency room treatment is the same as a whites only sign?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Work on your act, kid.

Back
Top Bottom