• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To the Judge Who Deludes That He Decides Who Does or Does Not Get to Attend WH Press Briefings

You’re entitled to your wrong opinion about the need to challenge Trump. I do agree, however, that Acosta was out of line when he refused to relinquish the mic. As for “bad, discourteous, rude, self aggrandizing and inappropriate behavior” goes, no journalist comes anywhere near Trump’s dispicable behavior.

Trump's behavior isn't the topic. Acosta's behavior is.

Wrong again. Predicting, based on Trump and his administration’s way of doing business. Just wait, when the new rules come out they will be restrictive and will likely be challenged in court.

"Predicting" <> fact. Sorry, it just isn't.

“Meh. Whatever.” now, waaaaah!!! later. :thumbs:

Have a good one. :thumbs:

Trump's behavior isn't the topic. Acosta's behavior is.
Wrong X3. Trump’s behavior is at the center of the controversy. He insults, degrades, and antagonizes the press, all the while refusing to answer questions honestly. Acosta is responsible for his behavior, but Trump is the real problem. No other president in the modern era has worked so hard to create a hostile relationship with the media, and no other president ever has told so many bald faced lies.

Wrong X3. Trump’s behavior is at the center of the controversy. He insults, degrades, and antagonizes the press, all the while refusing to answer questions honestly. Acosta is responsible for his behavior, but Trump is the real problem. No other president in the modern era has worked so hard to create a hostile relationship with the media, and no other president ever has told so many bald faced lies.

You have Trump on the brain. This issue is about Acostas behavior. You are simply deflecting to Trump.

You have Trump on the brain. This issue is about Acostas behavior. You are simply deflecting to Trump.

Fletch has it right. The issue is Acosta's bad behavior during WH press conferences. You appear to have TDS, his living rent free in your brain.

Since when does one person's bad behavior justify another person's bad behavior? Or are you like a two year old?

Fletch has it right. The issue is Acosta's bad behavior during WH press conferences. You appear to have TDS, his living rent free in your brain.

Since when does one person's bad behavior justify another person's bad behavior? Or are you like a two year old?

Wait. These dems think its bad behavior to lack decorum in White House press briefings when Trump does it but OK when Acosta does it? Hypocrisy. TDS. Two wrongs equal a (Rev.) Wright syndrome. :roll:

If the Supreme Court upholds this ruling, then the press will have be allowed to televise SCOTUS hearings.

The left justifies every act of liberal bad behavior with some form of the childish retort: 'but Trump started it.' They think he is a rude, obnoxious jerk, THEREFORE, they can be rude obnoxious jerks in return. All that proves is that they are rude, obnoxious jerks.

Oh, how cute. Two Trumpsters coming up with the same lame opinion, giving each other props. Do have friendship bracelets too?

If it wasn’t Acosta who triggered the current brouhaha, it may well have been April Ryan or another of many reporters that Trump has insulted and attacked for asking him tough questions. The only constant involved in this issue is Trump.

Oh, how cute. Two Trumpsters coming up with the same lame opinion, giving each other props. Do have friendship bracelets too?

If it wasn’t Acosta who triggered the current brouhaha, it may well have been April Ryan or another of many reporters that Trump has insulted and attacked for asking him tough questions. The only constant involved in this issue is Trump.
And those people still have their press passes. Makes you wonder if there is something different about Acosta

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

And those people still have their press passes. Makes you wonder if there is something different about Acosta
A too simplistic conclusion. Sure, Trump doesn’t like Acosta (and the feeling is clearly mutual), but Trump was having a bad week already and had been lashing out other reporters over several days. Had another reporter responded to his sh***y personal insults or pushed back on one of his lies it could have ended the same way.

A too simplistic conclusion. Sure, Trump doesn’t like Acosta (and the feeling is clearly mutual), but Trump was having a bad week already and had been lashing out other reporters over several days. Had another reporter responded to his sh***y personal insults or pushed back on one of his lies it could have ended the same way.
Okay, so it was Acosta "pushing back" that was the issue? The other reporters just showed more self control?

Side note, I'm using your phrasing. I would label it as much worse than pushing back.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

The left justifies every act of liberal bad behavior with some form of the childish retort: 'but Trump started it.' They think he is a rude, obnoxious jerk, THEREFORE, they can be rude obnoxious jerks in return. All that proves is that they are rude, obnoxious jerks.

Too funny...This asshole trump wants "decorum"....What a joke

NO, the isue is Acosta. Try to focus. And Acosta does not ask tough questions lol. And in case you didnt notice (or werent informed by your handlers) Trump went to Acosta first in his press conference. NOt something a person 'afraid of his 'tough questions' would do.

Okay, so it was Acosta "pushing back" that was the issue? The other reporters just showed more self control?
Side note, I'm using your phrasing. I would label it as much worse than pushing back.
Acosta was wrong for not giving up the mic. That’s it. Trump picks fights with and insults reporters routinely, taking advantage of his position. What happened with Acosta was inevitable, because of Trump’s behavior. Eventually, some reporter was going to push back and their credentials were going to be yanked. The threat had been made previously, on numerous occasions. So no, it wasn’t about Acosta.

What you're basically arguing is that the President should have the power to block out all press or specifically punish press that ask him critical questions he doesn't like. If Obama had been attacking Fox and other right wing journalists specifically, you'd be throwing a hissy fit.

Whether you like it or not, the press has an important role to play in our democracy and Donald doesn't have a right or the power to silence him. Constitutionality: not for everyone apparently.

Glad YOU brought up Obama, he did have a problem with reporters asking questions he didn’t like, I remember one where he had the reporter removed because he kept screaming out questions, because Obama said he couldn’t come up in the House and act that way. And Obama did constantly try to damage Fox News and other organizations, how bout the IRS scandal. Liberals seam to have selective memory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acosta was wrong for not giving up the mic. That’s it. Trump picks fights with and insults reporters routinely, taking advantage of his position. What happened with Acosta was inevitable, because of Trump’s behavior. Eventually, some reporter was going to push back and their credentials were going to be yanked. The threat had been made previously, on numerous occasions. So no, it wasn’t about Acosta.

In other words, its Trumps fault that Acosta behaved like a jerk :roll:

JUST ONCE

Instead of taking President Von Clownstick seriously, I wish reporters would just ask him very basic questions like:

"What is the capital of Turkey?" ($10 bucks he'd say Istanbul)
"Who won the Battle of Yorktown?"
"What is the square root of 49?"

I have no doubt it would be HILARIOUS!

Ask him this one, what is the capital of Israel.
Ask Obama how many states we have while you’re at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really think Acosta was out of line at the beginning of his last 4 or 5 rapid succession questions. He made it worse by holding on to the mic after being asked to give it up. Honestly, I'm not sure a full ban is called for, but that's not up to me or anyone else who doesn't run those briefings. I also have seen other examples of this behavior from Acosta before and have no idea what warnings he might have been privately given.

Trump is always rude and aggressive. All the other reporters, including many who question him out in the wild without a WH hard pass, managed to keep their cool. They were professional. They didn't think this situation was unavoidable.

Trump was elected and was the one holding the briefing in the WH. Can't replace him. But you can replace anyone else who chooses to give up their professionalism.

In other words, its Trumps fault that Acosta behaved like a jerk :roll:
Trump is the inspiration. ;)

I really think Acosta was out of line at the beginning of his last 4 or 5 rapid succession questions. He made it worse by holding on to the mic after being asked to give it up. Honestly, I'm not sure a full ban is called for, but that's not up to me or anyone else who doesn't run those briefings. I also have seen other examples of this behavior from Acosta before and have no idea what warnings he might have been privately given.

Trump is always rude and aggressive. All the other reporters, including many who question him out in the wild without a WH hard pass, managed to keep their cool. They were professional. They didn't think this situation was unavoidable.

Trump was elected and was the one holding the briefing in the WH. Can't replace him. But you can replace anyone else who chooses to give up their professionalism.
All good points. Acosta definitely had his part in it. However, Trump is at the center of the problem, and although his position requires that others should be respectful, it doesn’t entitle him to be a freewheeling d**k.

NO, the isue is Acosta. Try to focus. And Acosta does not ask tough questions lol. And in case you didnt notice (or werent informed by your handlers) Trump went to Acosta first in his press conference. NOt something a person 'afraid of his 'tough questions' would do.
Your focus is out of focus. See an ophthalmologist .... or a proctologist.

What you're basically arguing is that the President should have the power to block out all press or specifically punish press that ask him critical questions he doesn't like. If Obama had been attacking Fox and other right wing journalists specifically, you'd be throwing a hissy fit.

Whether you like it or not, the press has an important role to play in our democracy and Donald doesn't have a right or the power to silence him. Constitutionality: not for everyone apparently.
Did he ban CNN or Acosta? BTW, Obama DID badmouth Fox and Rush Limbaugh among others.

It's super important for Trump supporters narrative for people to acknowledge that Accosta's behavior was wrong.

Why? Because, that's how a slippery slope works. Acknowledge that, and the argument gets much easy to move down the slope.

Next on the slope defending the rules that will allow any Press member be barred for refusing to give up the microphone when they ask a hard question and the aide auto responds by trying to yank it from the hand.

Trumps a ***** snowflake, his supporters are ***** snowflakes. In my opinion Accosta would have been justified slapping the chick soon as her arm entered his personal space.

What About What Obama...The last refuge for Right Wingers defending trump....Pathetic
Yeah, I'm sure for your left wing loonies, facing the fact that your Dear Leader may have actually behaved that same as the dastardly Trump is stupefying.

Back
Top Bottom