• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To the BLM Supporters/Advocates: What would you have us do?

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So I was having a discussion with my girlfriend about the topic of the BLM and the Milwaukee shooting. I explained the situation and read off the case facts and she asked: well why did riot? Obviously I can't explain it. And she is a democrat (shocking huh?).

Then she asked me to post this question:

What do those who agree with the BLM, or want to see action, or support the BLM...what is your stated objective? What change do you want to see? And how? How do you want officers to respond? What policies do you have a problem with? What kind of specifics do you want to see in these situations? Like the one in Milwaukee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well I support BLM and I can tell you what I want, but what I want doesn't necessarily represent the wants of all supporters of the protests, or black people or minorities as a whole

So I was having a discussion with my girlfriend about the topic of the BLM and the Milwaukee shooting. I explained the situation and read off the case facts and she asked: well why did riot? Obviously I can't explain it. And she is a democrat (shocking huh?).

What do those who agree with the BLM, or want to see action, or support the BLM...what is your stated objective? What change do you want to see? And how? How do you want officers to respond? What policies do you have a problem with? What kind of specifics do you want to see in these situations? Like the one in Milwaukee?

Well I'm not a BLM supporter, but I can tell you the answers are probably going to vary.

BLM has no real hierarchical structure, so what changes BLM supporters want to see are most likely going to differ from one another.

The fact that BLM is a leaderless group is also why you have some BLM supporters who engage in peaceful protest, and the ones in Milwaukee who riot and destroy people's property.

well I support BLM and I can tell you what I want, but what I want doesn't necessarily represent the wants of all supporters of the protests, or black people or minorities as a whole

well, tell us what you want. It is noted that it is your personal wants.

Well I'm not a BLM supporter, but I can tell you the answers are probably going to vary.

BLM has no real hierarchical structure, so what changes BLM supporters want to see are most likely going to differ from one another.

The fact that BLM is a leaderless group is also why you have some BLM supporters who engage in peaceful protest, and the ones in Milwaukee who riot and destroy people's property.

https://policy.m4bl.org/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/02/us/politics/black-lives-matter-campaign.html

well, tell us what you want. It is noted that it is your personal wants.

the abolishment of capitalism, the state, and private property..... also sandwiches

you dont know what the word property means do you?

I do, you want to turn all people into Property of the State.

The harsh chains of Communism's evil on the masses inflicted with it during the last 100 years or so are enough to tell me what a bad idea it is. Maybe, one day you'll figure it out too.

That's because you don't understand the reality of Communism, just the romanticized fallacy of Communism.

YOU don't understand the reality of Communism, just the romanticized fallacy of Communism.

I know some people who mistake BLM for a sort of proto-revolutionary movement and I just don't see it. I think the most they could do is force a certain amount of incremental change in certain police practices, profiling and the like. Even then I'm not so sure that if they backed certain political candidates it would really change anything

But you could still respond to the question with some kind of answer of what you want? What do you want?

the abolishment of capitalism, the state, and private property..... also sandwiches

Sounds like sarcasm. What's with the non answer? It is a LEGITIMATE question. I detest the BLM. I think they have 0 merit as an organization because they refuse to stand against those who truly enslave their people. The pimps and drug pushers and their inner city politicians.

Back
Top Bottom