• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time's Persons of the Year: Journalists

He was chopped to pieces on the order of an authoritarian dictator installed by Kushner and Trump. I don't give a damn that he supported the muslim brotherhood. I care that the guy you most likely voted for is defending the brutal murder of a journalist.

That you cannot drum up any sympathy tells me precisely what sort of person you are, one I want nothing to do with.

You righties and your embrace of this authoritarian behavior is exceedingly troubling.

Wait...what?

Kushner and Trump installed an authoritarian dictator?

LOL!!

That you would spout off with such nonsense tells me precisely what sort of person you are, one I want nothing to do with.

Erdogan is also dangerous to journalists. There are more journalists incarcerated in Turkey than in any other nation on earth.

It's interesting to note how under him it went from seemingly unprecedented press freedoms to being the country with the most incarcerated journalists. It was done slowly, kind of like the "enemy of the people" propaganda. That's what's so concerning about Trump's rhetoric.

Most members here won't. They will see it laughably as egotistical. BTW, you are missing a link!

The link is embedded in the quote of the OP. First paragraph last sentence.

Yeah. The left attack Trump whenever he calls himself great or the best but here we have liberal Time magazine naming itself person of the year.

You seem to have some issues lately with making things up that aren't backed up by links. Unless of course you can show us where Time Magazine named itself as person of the year? Because it sure isn't in any link or news report I've seen anywhere.

·Published 1 hour ago

TIME 2018 Person of the Year goes to Jamal Khashoggi, ‘The Guardians and the War on Truth’

TIME magazine named “The Guardians” and the “War on Truth” as the 2018 Person of the Year – marking the first time that someone who is no longer alive was selected.

Jamal Khashoggi, Maria Ressa, Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo and the Capital Gazette will grace four different versions of the prestigious cover. The magazine noted that the Person of the Year title isn’t always an honor, but representative of the influence a person, group or idea had within the last year -- for better or worse.

Jared Kushner was helping them through the scandal....:roll:

The very same country who the US has worked with under many presidents, including Obama, even when they knew what Saudi Arabia was like. The Kashoggi killing was not really an Earth shattering thing for them. And yet the left only attack Trump for it.

Hey, cool! A Gallup poll from September of 2016. Isn't that right around the same time that they were predicting Hillary Clinton's victory?

It was about the same time that EVERYONE was predicting a Clinton victory. What's that got to do with anything? Trust in the media, IE journalists, is at an all time low so they get named "person of the year"? Why?

The very same country who the US has worked with under many presidents, including Obama, even when they knew what Saudi Arabia was like. The Kashoggi killing was not really an Earth shattering thing for them. And yet the left only attack Trump for it.

If Rahm Emanuel or anybody in the Obama WH walked through someone how to cover up a murder, I would really like to know who that person is.

Can you please source to where Time Magazine named "Time Magazine" as the person of the year?

Some on here took liberties and said Mexican reporters are covered under the umbrella of "all journalists" . That same understanding umbrella would cover Time naming itself.

Personally I don't agree with the argument but see how one can draw the conclusion.

Fake news, no smocking gun.

calvin_hobbes_dont_knock_smock_2.gif

:)

TIME still exists?

and people actually care who select as liberal of the year? Well I guess liberals do. {GUFFAW}Yeah yeah I know Trump got it. Every ten years or so they give to some non lw er to keep up their objectivity pretense.
(CHORTLE}
Which we know by their sales, nobody believes excecpt few

...and other President's would have made SA pay for such actions. Sorry, the United States does not look the other way over criminal activities of despots, even friendly ones. There would have been a price to pay. There would have been sanctions and closing of consulates, pulling landing slots of Saudi airlines at US airports, etc.

It is testament to the weakness of Trump that he merely looked the other way.

This is fake nooz! The press is the enemy of the people. Like those rotten people trying to take away my Christmas, and force men to pee in the bathroom with me, and have anal sechs.

You just know that this is really going to chafe the Orange One's enormous butt.

Wait...what?

Kushner and Trump installed an authoritarian dictator?

LOL!!

That you would spout off with such nonsense tells me precisely what sort of person you are, one I want nothing to do with.

Absolutely. Trump and Kushner backed MBS for the crown. Without their support, MBS would most likely NOT have been the head of the country.

I'd post articles, but you trumpists don't believe facts, so there is no point.

Absolutely. Trump and Kushner backed MBS for the crown. Without their support, MBS would most likely NOT have been the head of the country.

If something would of most likely of happened then it's not a fact it's an opinion.

If something would of most likely of happened then it's not a fact it's an opinion.

Whether something is likely to happen or not, if and when an event happens likelihood turns into fact.

"backing" does not equal "installed".

Take your hyperbole...and the articles you got that nonsense from...and shove it.

Whether something is likely to happen or not, if and when an event happens likelihood turns into fact.

MBS was crowned=fact

It likely couldn't of happened without Trump backing=opinion

We haven't seen journalism in this country for decades.

If being a journalist and being under attack puts you in the running for person of the year, I wonder why there aren't any Mexican journalists on that list as they are killed every day by the cartels. Why do they have to go half way around the world to find people for this list?

Probably because this is the first time a government has openly admitted to killing a country, while the US openly sanctions the murder of one of its residents. If you think they are the same as a journalist being killed by other bad people, you don't understand the decision.

What stops Russia from killing Americans journalists now? Why would it be different than allowing the murder of Mr. K to go unpunished? We have effectively ceded our moral high ground to our enemies and told the world that we don't care about our own laws or international laws.

Yes, this is effectively different than Mexican drug lords killing off journalists like they always have.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Back
Top Bottom