• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time to Eat the Dog

DeeJayH

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Polluting pets: the devastating impact of man's best friend - Yahoo! News

PARIS (AFP) – Man's best friend could be one of the environment's worst enemies, according to a new study which says the carbon pawprint of a pet dog is more than double that of a gas-guzzling sports utility vehicle.
But the revelation in the book "Time to Eat the Dog: The Real Guide to Sustainable Living" by New Zealanders Robert and Brenda Vale has angered pet owners who feel they are being singled out as troublemakers.

oh no fido LOL what to do about this one folks? double the pawprint of an SUV? wow

We might as well butcher every living thing on this planet in the name of saving it.

Was this book in the Science Fiction section at the book store?

Nope,written by Enviro-Nazis.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_and_Robert_Vale]Brenda and Robert Vale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

How green is your pet?

Was this book in the Science Fiction section at the book store?

sorry they are one of yours :doh and if you read the link (a news story) you would have seen it has been corroborated by another :ssst:

but we all know you would rather enter a thread and.....

This has got to be one of the dumbest studies I've seen in a long time.

sorry they are one of yours :doh and if you read the link (a news story) you would have seen it has been corroborated by another :ssst:

but we all know you would rather enter a thread and.....

There is a lot of truth to it, I think. Same with livestock.

But the brunt of the blame should not be placed on animals, but our over abundent population who not only enjoy pets, but who love meat.

There is a lot of truth to it, I think. Same with livestock.

But the brunt of the blame should not be placed on animals, but our over abundent population who not only enjoy pets, but who love meat.

Yes,lets just slaughter three quarters of the Earths population and force everyone to eat veggies :roll:

Yes,lets just slaughter three quarters of the Earths population and force everyone to eat veggies :roll:

Wow, you have really poor debating skills. What makes you come to that really silly conclusion? :confused:

All I can say on this is that the French has way too much time on their hands and way too much brain damage to accurately classify this as "research". But leave it to them to want to eat dogs, they must have ate all their frogs already. Poor Kermit doesn't even go to France for fear of being eaten.

Time to Eat the Dog
Can't do that either. Dog meat gives you gas, which will make you fart and contribute to "global warming."

a cat has the same carbon footprint as a small car.

that what happens, when ya blame that stinker on tha dog.

when a dog chases a cat, their joint carbon footprint is increased by a factor of 13 on goreichter scale, the energy a cat uses to bury its crap, when quantified by the number of cats digging and crapping in the world, would produce enough power to keep all the sheep in the world in thermal underwear for free!

Yea as someone who does believe in global warming i still do hate this almost turning into a religion.

The orignal sin is just be alive.Humans are evil.Eating meat or owning pets is immoral.And the leaders are the biggest hypocrits around.

Is his justification for the healthcare bills deathpanels?
JC-hysterical.gif

I have three dogs one is a mastiff is my carbon footpront as big as the mastiff paws. Guess what I don't care and don't believe dogs gas causes global warming. After all it is 40 degrees here in Florida today.

Guess what I don't care and don't believe dogs gas causes global warming. After all it is 40 degrees here in Florida today.

Can I get your permission to use this as my signature? No worries, I will give you full credit!

These so called "environmentalists" are a bunch of morons. Analyzing the carbon footprint of cars actually makes sense, because we can actually change our transportation habits. We can build cars with better gas mileage or build more trains or build electric cars ect. However, there is nothing that can be done about the carbon footprint of a dog except genetic engineering, which is also not considered okay. Getting rid of all the animals in order to avoid the carbon footprint is like throwing yourself overboard in order to prevent your ship from sinking.

These so called "environmentalists" are a bunch of morons. Analyzing the carbon footprint of cars actually makes sense, because we can actually change our transportation habits. We can build cars with better gas mileage or build more trains or build electric cars ect. However, there is nothing that can be done about the carbon footprint of a dog except genetic engineering, which is also not considered okay. Getting rid of all the animals in order to avoid the carbon footprint is like throwing yourself overboard in order to prevent your ship from sinking.

Thing is, Rathi, our populations seems to have grown to a point where it will become more difficult to sustain. Human love for beef is an example. The demand has grown quite rapidly over the last decade, to the point where the extra cattle not only release more CO2, but also the creation of pasture has resulted in deforestation.

Who cares if they cost carbon? Life without dogs is sombre stuff. Take them away, why bother saving the planet.

I agree with Rathi. They should focus on things which are expendable. Dogs aren't.

This kind of pointless research is a dangerous waste of time. What's next? How much more carbon do US citizens interfere with than Euros? It's up there with Bin Laden's contribution to lowering carbon emissions...he's done more than anyone to reduce them. Who wants to get on a plane these days?

Back
Top Bottom