• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time is running out

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
From the day you are born, you are on a clock, till the last day comes. It's a helluva thing. Are you where you thought you'd be? Are you doing what you wanted to do?

I'm close to where I wanted to be, except financially and romantically, but I get the feeling few people are. Overall, it's been a good life, I hope others felt the same.
I wish all my fellow DP'ers a great existence. Have some fun and be of good cheer because the crying will take care of itself.

I'll put a positive word in for you with the boss. 😘

grip, out

From the day you are born, you are on a clock, till the last day comes. It's a helluva thing. Are you where you thought you'd be? Are you doing what you wanted to do?

I'm close to where I wanted to be, except financially and romantically, but I get the feeling few people are. Overall, it's been a good life, I hope others felt the same.
I wish all my fellow DP'ers a great existence. Have some fun and be of good cheer because the crying will take care of itself.

grip, out
Ummm...

Are trying to tell us something about you personally?

"out"??

grip, out

If you're thinking of doing something, don't.

I am where I am. It’s good here. No need to put in a good word for me, but I appreciate the sentiment.

I've lived the greater part of my life serving Jehovah and I am content with that...no better life is there...

Everyone alive is dying.

Some just more slowly than others.

If you want to share , I want to listen.
A shroud of darkness is crushing me, but it's close to my time, I guess. Parkinson's, COPD, heart failure, and severe arthritic pain are winning.
Thanks for listening, but it's something we all face eventually. I'll be ok for now.

I am 59 now.
A few notes to the much younger.
That thing you think you have to have... there will be 100s of them. And you will forget nearly all of them, if not all.
The most important things in life, the things you will remember and cherish for the rest of your life. None of them are something you bought.
No one will hurt you more than a person you loved.
Time is everything. And you will waste most of it. By the time you realize this, most of your life is behind you.
You will do wrong. You will be the bad guy. We all are at some point.
At several points in your life, you will possess everything you need to lead a happy life. Chances are, you will lose it every time. Because only hindsight is 20/20, and you were too young and to hard headed and too selfish to know it.

Having said all of this. You can find happiness. It does exist. But unfortunately you have to be smart enough, and unselfish enough to keep it.
I had magnificent moments. Two awesome children, who have now given me two awesome grandchildren. And they are doing so well.
I have had great jobs, bad jobs. I have made a lot of money, and thankfully I saved a portion of it to be able to afford retirement.
But I did not find happiness until I was 51. Oh sure, I had happy times, of course. But they didn't last. For most, they don't.
At 59, I am happy. I have a woman that is so good for me, and I her.
If only... I had possessed the wisdom to appreciate the value of another person 30 years ago.

There is at least about an 80% chance you will do the same. We are human. And we are slow learners.

Now at age 70, I’m closer to checking out than checking in, but that’s the way a lifetime is supposed to work.

A shroud of darkness is crushing me, but it's close to my time, I guess. Parkinson's, COPD, heart failure, and severe arthritic pain are winning.
Thanks for listening, but it's something we all face eventually. I'll be ok for now.
We all only have today. I hope today you can find one reason to smile.

We all only have today. I hope today you can find one reason to smile.
I love life and laugh every day, just a little sad that it's running out.

I am 59 now.
A few notes to the much younger.
That thing you think you have to have... there will be 100s of them. And you will forget nearly all of them, if not all.
The most important things in life, the things you will remember and cherish for the rest of your life. None of them are something you bought.
No one will hurt you more than a person you loved.
Time is everything. And you will waste most of it. By the time you realize this, most of your life is behind you.
You will do wrong. You will be the bad guy. We all are at some point.
At several points in your life, you will possess everything you need to lead a happy life. Chances are, you will lose it every time. Because only hindsight is 20/20, and you were too young and to hard headed and too selfish to know it.

Having said all of this. You can find happiness. It does exist. But unfortunately you have to be smart enough, and unselfish enough to keep it.
I had magnificent moments. Two awesome children, who have now given me two awesome grandchildren. And they are doing so well.
I have had great jobs, bad jobs. I have made a lot of money, and thankfully I saved a portion of it to be able to afford retirement.
But I did not find happiness until I was 51. Oh sure, I had happy times, of course. But they didn't last. For most, they don't.
At 59, I am happy. I have a woman that is so good for me, and I her.
If only... I had possessed the wisdom to appreciate the value of another person 30 years ago.

There is at least about an 80% chance you will do the same. We are human. And we are slow learners.

I like this a lot. Thanks!

I hear your pain both physical and emotional. Just know that you matter to people you don't even know. We need above all else to care.....and I care. Please reach out you will be surprised at the hands who will reach back.

I hear your pain both physical and emotional. Just know that you matter to people you don't even know. We need above all else to care.....and I care. Please reach out you will be surprised at the hands who will reach back.
Aren't you sweet. Your words have already lifted my spirit. Thank you princess. 🥰

No thanks needed......you touched me and for that I owe you the thanks......rest well tonight 😘
Though, I'm an old, broken piece of meat, I appreciate your concern. Good heart.

Time is running out. Getting warmer up here. Soon all the snowflakes will melt. But why worry? Another winter is only 6 months away. Then the snowflakes will be back.

grip, out

When I was young I wanted to be rich. I hoped to be rich. I did not expect to be.

I am on a job now that I really did not think existed when I was in my early 20s.

As a family we are in the top 10% of income earners in Canada. Yet I still feel that I am poor like I was when I was growing up. I don't have to worry about money but I still do. Spending $ 100 on shoes for myself is a gut wrenching thing ( while I can do that for my son)

So to be honest I am no where close to be where I thought I would actually be. I don't think I thought that far ahead. 20+ years is a long time to think ahead

grip, out

WTF? Are you terminally ill?

Though, I'm an old, broken piece of meat, I appreciate your concern. Good heart.

Let's slow this down.

Slow everything down.

Please.

Dude, I've been there - a lot these past few years. Never thought of doing the deed but I've certainly gone to bed and thought I don't care if I don't wake up.

You said it yourself: our time here is short, which is why we need to appreciate it.

I mean if you're wheelchair-bound with ALS or something, okay, I get that. But if it's just mid-life boredom or whatever, find something.

Back
Top Bottom