• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tillis apologizes for staff revealing GOP heath plan to cancer survivor

Deplorables.

Other forms of insurance are based on actuarial risk, yet there is no demand that they instead be based on one's ability to pay or heavily subsidized by the (federal) government. It would be very easy to implement a "single payer" system for (required) auto liability insurance (currently based on actuarial risk) by just increasing the tax on motor fuel to cover the costs, yet there seems to be no demand for it.

Yea, because it would suck, and everybody knows it would suck.

Medical care insurance (whether public or private) serves a very important purpose - it provides the bulk of revenue to medical care providers.

Do you think it would be wise to have food insurance for hungry people, or would it be better to just give hungry people food stamps that would be accepted by food providers?

1) Yea, because it would suck, and everybody knows it would suck.

2) Do you think it would be wise to have food insurance for hungry people, or would it be better to just give hungry people food stamps that would be accepted by food providers?

1)It would not "suck", but it would base individual premium amounts on the amount of motor fuel purchased.

2) SNAP does serve as food insurance for "the poor", but it pays food providers their full retail (thus full profit) asking price and (mostly) allows food shoppers to select whatever grocery items they want within program limits.

The GOP health plan has long been "poor people can just die".

And here's the thing...the moment Joe Lieberman shot down Obama's Public Option end of the deal, I was upset but I said to myself that, at the very least, if poor people aren't going to get adequate coverage, at least they'll get a kind of "Chevy Vega" coverage, where everything sort of works but just isn't as high a quality level.
But NO! It became very clear very quickly that Republicans had NO INTENTION of covering ANYTHING at all!
And that of course is the reason why Alan Grayson finally just said the quiet part: Please DIE QUICKLY.

Because it's the truth!

Not even a Chevy Vega...at least they can rebuild the crappy four banger when it seizes up or drop in a junkyard small block V8 or something, they can make stopgap adjustments, etc...but NO...the Republicans just want to slough them off and drop them over a cliff.

If you can't afford your medical bills, tough beans.
That IS the Republican healthcare plan, that's been the Republican healthcare plan and that will always BE the Republican healthcare plan.
Nothing's changed.

And here's the thing...the moment Joe Lieberman shot down Obama's Public Option end of the deal, I was upset but I said to myself that, at the very least, if poor people aren't going to get adequate coverage, at least they'll get a kind of "Chevy Vega" coverage, where everything sort of works but just isn't as high a quality level.
But NO! It became very clear very quickly that Republicans had NO INTENTION of covering ANYTHING at all!

Uh, Joe Lieberman was not a Republican, he was an independent Democrat. Obama had a Democratic majority in both the house and senate.

Democrats didn't do what you wanted them to do so you blame Republicans. Good grief.

I heard on good authority that the plan will be revealed in two weeks.

Seems like "you’re going to have to figure it out" is the GOP plan.

"Too bad we took away your access to care, good luck with that!"

Back
Top Bottom