• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Thread ban question

Status
Not open for further replies.
so Xfactor was threadbanned for this in the Rachel Corrie thread.

ML Prohibited Conduct
G) Any offensive or inflammatory images

and now it's been edited 5 days later to say he is "unthreadbanned" and he is now posting again in that thread.

can anyone give clarification on this threadban reversal please.

Seriously? You think you're owed an explanation about my thread ban and subsequent reversal? I'd be pretty bummed if my disciplinary history was up for public discussion.

Last edited:
Basically, I'd say, that's really not anybody else's business. ;)
i see.

you don't think that people posting in that thread have a right to know what is deemed acceptable behaviour or not. one minute you are threadbanned for it and then 5 days later you are unthreadbanned. does that mean it was acceptable to post that picture or not? i don't know so that is why i am asking.

the picture was inflammatory. unless someone wants to suggest that the comment at the bottom stating Rachel Corrie was sitting at the front of a bulldozer to protect a gang of terrorists" isn't offensive or inflammatory.

considering the home she was defending when she was killed belonged to a pharmacist by the name of Dr. Samir Nasrallah, the father of three children who has never ever been charged with terrorism, that comment was out of line.

Seriously? You think you're owed an explanation about my thread ban and subsequent reversal? I'd be pretty bummed if my disciplinary history was up for public discussion.

no. i am asking for clarification as to why one day the picture you posted was considered offensive and then 5 days later you were unthreadbanned. so does that mean it wasn't considered offensive? i don't think that's an unreasonable question at all.

i see.

you don't think that people posting in that thread have a right to know what is deemed acceptable behaviour or not. one minute you are threadbanned for it and then 5 days later you are unthreadbanned. does that mean it was acceptable to post that picture or not? i don't know so that is why i am asking.

the picture was inflammatory. unless someone wants to suggest that the comment at the bottom stating Rachel Corrie was sitting at the front of a bulldozer to protect a gang of terrorists" isn't offensive or inflammatory.

considering the home she was defending when she was killed belonged to a pharmacist by the name of Dr. Samir Nasrallah, the father of three children who has never ever been charged with terrorism, that comment was out of line.
If you want to discuss the content of the image and why I posted it, we should really do that in the thread. This is not the place to discuss ME issues.

no. i am asking for clarification as to why one day the picture you posted was considered offensive and then 5 days later you were unthreadbanned. so does that mean it wasn't considered offensive? i don't think that's an unreasonable question at all.

If this is the only answer you want, why add your opinion above that you though the image was offensive? Seems to me you more want to express disagreement with the decision, and, once again, this is not the place for that.

If you want to discuss the content of the image and why I posted it, we should really do that in the thread. This is not the place to discuss ME issues.
i don't want to discuss the content of the image and why you posted it.

what i do want to know is why it was considered offensive one day and then 5 days later you were unthreadbanned so does that mean it's not offensive?? i'm asking a simple question here and it shouldn't be that hard to answer.

we have a right to know what is considered offensive or not offensive don't you think?

i'll PM the moderators and seek clarification that way.

Moderator's Warning:
Wrong place to discuss moderator actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom