• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Thousands of people left out in cold after Trump rally in Omaha

MAKE AMERICA GANGRENE AGAIN!

See folks, this is always how Trump operates, even in his private life...he wants you to do something for him, but once he gets what he wants, you're on your own.

Another example of why Trump says he loves the uneducated.

With old people, at midnight, in areas like this, where the weather is below freezing or near it, with no option to have someone pick them up?

Please show incidents like this one where people needed to be taken to a hospital after a concert or football game due to the cold. I will say the same thing though about any organizers of events who allowed such things to happen. Even our state fair provides bus and other transports well after closing to get people back to their cars.

Are you really going to try to claim ignorance on this? You really believe this is the first time this has ever happened? What makes you think any of those instances would be news worthy?

Trump doesn't care about his supporters?

Somebody stop the presses.

Are you really going to try to claim ignorance on this? You really believe this is the first time this has ever happened? What makes you think any of those instances would be news worthy?
Not that it hasn't happened similar to this, only that no matter who does it, it is wrong. It shows a serious lack of planning and empathy for those who attend whatever kind of show you are putting on for them.

But it has to at least be rare considering you haven't been able to come up with an example to post here.

Not that it hasn't happened similar to this, only that no matter who does it, it is wrong. It shows a serious lack of planning and empathy for those who attend whatever kind of show you are putting on for them.

You are holding event planners to an impossibly high standard if you really believe that they should be responsible for making sure everyone gets to their vehicles in a safe and timely manner.

But it has to at least be rare considering you haven't been able to come up with an example to post here.

I do not know the exact rarity because the news does not usually have an article each time an ambulance is called. I doubt I can find articles on times people have had to call an ambulance because of bowel obstructions, but I know it happens, a lot, because I was an EMT, and I had to take people to the hospital over that very thing.

Thousands? Really? I don't think so.

The shuttles were unable to get back into the rally due to traffic congestion. Sounds like a local law enforcement traffic organization issue.

I do not have an exact number of concerts that have lots miles away. Why would you ask that? I know it happens though. I went to a concert at Kentucky speedway, and had to walk a long way to get there and an even longer way once I got in. If you cannot recognize that lots can be miles away from events, then you are either ignorant of the fact, have not been to many concerts, or are lying. It happens, frequently.

Went to more concerts than I can count and never did I have to walk miles to or from. But seriously, how many of those elderly people or the ones with kids do you think would have parked and walked miles TO the event? Likely not many. Any time I've taken a bus or shuttle to anything like a county fair or something similar there has always been the same shuttle to get in order to return to my car. And yes I'd be pissed off to leave and find out I had to walk back to my vehicle.

With old people, at midnight, in areas like this, where the weather is below freezing or near it, with no option to have someone pick them up?

Please show incidents like this one where people needed to be taken to a hospital after a concert or football game due to the cold. I will say the same thing though about any organizers of events who allowed such things to happen. Even our state fair provides bus and other transports well after closing to get people back to their cars.

You and i both know if those people also had to walk to the event they never would have gone. It was poor planning all the way around.

it’s a perfect allegory for Trump’s depraved indifference.

You are holding event planners to an impossibly high standard if you really believe that they should be responsible for making sure everyone gets to their vehicles in a safe and timely manner.

I do not know the exact rarity because the news does not usually have an article each time an ambulance is called. I doubt I can find articles on times people have had to call an ambulance because of bowel obstructions, but I know it happens, a lot, because I was an EMT, and I had to take people to the hospital over that very thing.
Having people go to the hospital because they had to walk 3-4 miles in the cold after attending your event would be a news generating event. In most cases, the people would probably sue the person responsible. That is not normal and it would most certainly be news, just as it is here.

Having people go to the hospital because they had to walk 3-4 miles in the cold after attending your event would be a news generating event. In most cases, the people would probably sue the person responsible. That is not normal and it would most certainly be news, just as it is here.

You have never been to a college football game have you? Most games, at least where I am from, are in the cold temperatures. People voluntarily go to them. Many people have to walk miles to the stadium, not be bused. Those same people have to walk back to their vehicles, there is no busing back either. I am sure that many times people start to freeze on their walks back. I am sure ambulances have even had to be called. If you think that news crews are there for every ambulance, you are out of your mind. The event is in no way responsible for people getting to or from the venue. That is absurd.

You have never been to a college football game have you? Most games, at least where I am from, are in the cold temperatures. People voluntarily go to them. Many people have to walk miles to the stadium, not be bused. Those same people have to walk back to their vehicles, there is no busing back either. I am sure that many times people start to freeze on their walks back. I am sure ambulances have even had to be called. If you think that news crews are there for every ambulance, you are out of your mind. The event is in no way responsible for people getting to or from the venue. That is absurd.
Then prove it, prove that ambulances have to be called all the time, often.

And then show that they just took it in stride to do it because they were assured a ride back but could not actually get one, which is what happened here. This wasn't a group of people that walked 3-4 miles to a place and then expected that same situation walking back. You are simply continuing to try to make excuses for Trump and his team lacking proper planning, acting stupid once again because they have little regard for other people's lives.

So it seems that thousands of people were left stranded in the cold after Trump's rally at an Omaha airport last night. Apparently many were parked as far as 3.5 miles away, and were bused or shuttled in prior to the rally, but the same transportation was not readily available after the rally. It was about 32- 35F outside. Many had to walk miles to get back to their vehicles.

See folks, this is always how Trump operates, even in his private life...he wants you to do something for him, but once he gets what he wants, you're on your own.
Probably a bit weak, but I could see a Biden ad about how "Trump left them out in the cold, don't let him do the same to you", or some similar metaphor.

Then prove it, prove that ambulances have to be called all the time, often.

I did not say that ambulances had to be called ALL THE TIME. I swear I saw a thread about stupid right-wingers being the one's that always had to say "prove it". I do not have to prove it, and even if I did, I told you how that would be nearly impossible. You seem to think that every incident, everywhere, is documented by a news crew. It is stupid.

And then show that they just took it in stride to do it because they were assured a ride back but could not actually get one, which is what happened here. This wasn't a group of people that walked 3-4 miles to a place and then expected that same situation walking back. You are simply continuing to try to make excuses for Trump and his team lacking proper planning, acting stupid once again because they have little regard for other people's lives.

I am not making excuses for Trump. I am just pointing out how idiotic it is to expect every event holder to make sure that every attendee is safely and comfortably transported to and from the venue, regardless of who is holding the event. My argument is on principle, not about Trump. You would not give a rip about this situation had it not been a Trump event anyway, so spare me the faux outrage. I imagine you do not even have all of the facts on the situation surrounding this event. There certainly were not many unbiased facts on the Democrat site that started this thread.

Were there any cages to keep them warm?

And yet, Biden is going to win the popular vote.
By as many as 20 million votes, from what the numbers suggest.

Funny, Trump supporters battle hypothermia to see Trump while Biden can't fill a Dairy Queen town hall.
Biden isn't trying to do that, or hadn't you noticed? That irresponsible cretin, Trump, prefers to see a crowd but cares not a whit that they are infecting each other in the process. Anyone attending one of Trump's self-congratulatory 'events' is either terminally stupid or has a death wish. Or both. Probably both.

I don't think it's a right wing talking point to say your side fully supports letting in millions of illegal immigrants and refugees while Trump is doing everything he can to stop you.

Either way, you're one of those posters who is worthless debating against because you love lying and throwing out worthless soundbites.
Such perfect irony from a supporter of the most brazen liar in US political history!

I did not say that ambulances had to be called ALL THE TIME. I swear I saw a thread about stupid right-wingers being the one's that always had to say "prove it". I do not have to prove it, and even if I did, I told you how that would be nearly impossible. You seem to think that every incident, everywhere, is documented by a news crew. It is stupid.

I am not making excuses for Trump. I am just pointing out how idiotic it is to expect every event holder to make sure that every attendee is safely and comfortably transported to and from the venue, regardless of who is holding the event. My argument is on principle, not about Trump. You would not give a rip about this situation had it not been a Trump event anyway, so spare me the faux outrage. I imagine you do not even have all of the facts on the situation surrounding this event. There certainly were not many unbiased facts on the Democrat site that started this thread.
Show where they have had to be called any significant amount of time for this type of issue, for people who unexpectedly got left out to walk 3-4 miles in the cold. You claim it happens but that it isn't possible to show evidence that it happens at concerts or games? Then there is no evidence it happens. You are trying to say that such an event wouldn't make the news, ever? Because you have failed to provide even one example, let alone any significant amount of times that it has happened.

Walking 3-4 miles in the cold, especially when talking older people, takes over an hour. That would bring news crews, who are likely to at least have someone nearby anyway.

You are making excuses for Trump. Any other venue that did this sort of thing, that did not plan ahead would have people mad at them, would cause problems for whoever did it to them. This wasn't simply people who themselves walked that distance to that spot, and expected to have to walk back the same way. These were people shuttled in because they had no choice of where to park, and then were expecting to get shuttled back, but couldn't. That is what happened. That was a lack of responsible planning on the part of the Trump campaign, just as it would be for any other event planners of such an event, or similar. Like I said, the State Fair happens in our area so we go every year (it happens). They have parking that is pretty far away. But they provide buses to transport people to and from those places and plan ahead for traffic, coordinate to ensure that everyone there will be able to be brought back to their vehicle, doing routes around. They block off necessary roads to ensure this is the case. They do not leave people out in the heat or cold to walk themselves.

Back
Top Bottom