• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Thou shalt not hug in school

Dude, hugging should be aloud in school. BUt, if it goes a lot farther than a hug then that's a different story. But just a HUG. oh, come on. That is so STUPID. i give hugs to everybody that i know. Schools just want to be a bunch of Nazi's to the kids. Let them Hug for gosh sakes. :censored

OrIgInAl_ReBeL04 said:
Dude, hugging should be aloud in school. BUt, if it goes a lot farther than a hug then that's a different story. But just a HUG. oh, come on. That is so STUPID. i give hugs to everybody that i know. Schools just want to be a bunch of Nazi's to the kids. Let them Hug for gosh sakes. :censored

I don't really think schools want to be Nazis at all. I think they fear law suits so much that sometimes they over react. It's the nature of this "sue happy" society in which we live.

Arch Enemy said:
I always thought the Word of God saved lives.. I must relearn my own religion.

No. Condoms save lives. Health care professionals save lives. Seat belts save lives. The word of God? I think not.

Yes, the Bible and religious readings do save lives from those who seek refuge. Just recently, in the Atlanta Courthouse Shootings, the murderer was being read a religious book by his victim, which convinced him to not kill her and surrender.

Safe sex is no sex, which is abstinence (anal, vaginal, oral). Smart sex is knowing about your partner and being truthful and honest and using protection and knowing the consequences.

One of the ways violent societies perpetuate violence is to supress physical pleasure while promoting violence.

That is why we learned that Janet Jacksons significantly sagging breast was far more of a threat to society then watching people being shot and killed live on the TV news.

Embraces are apparently a threat to the school as studnets might experience a rush of pleasure and emotional comfort, and that is just downright unaccpetable apparently. Better to listen to violent rap lyrics about killing Caucasians apparently and studying violent wars in history class.

Naughty Nurse said:
No. Condoms save lives. Health care professionals save lives. Seat belts save lives. The word of God? I think not.

Banning male homosexuality also saves lives since in countries with western standards of behavior and medical care, using the US for example, most HIV per cpaita is vectored by male homosexual behavior.

As to condoms, since there is no heterosexual AIDS epidemic, using condoms for heterosexual sex to save lifes is less efficient in saving the lives of heterosexuals then wearing a crash helmet while you drive.

I fail to see how this got from "Thou Shalt not hug in school", to talking about the HIV epidemics.

Rock on!

naught nurse suggested there are more efficient ways to save lives. I added even more efficient ways then using condoms. Does that help you understand now?

flip2 said:
Yes, the Bible and religious readings do save lives from those who seek refuge. Just recently, in the Atlanta Courthouse Shootings, the murderer was being read a religious book by his victim, which convinced him to not kill her and surrender.

Safe sex is no sex, which is abstinence (anal, vaginal, oral). Smart sex is knowing about your partner and being truthful and honest and using protection and knowing the consequences.

Great post!

Nothing against condoms - but I know of lots of kids born to parents using them. At best they're 85-90% effective against preventing pregnancy (and you can only get pregnant 2-3 days/month). That same effectiveness rate has to apply to STD's also.

But that's another issue.

We weren't at the school in Bend, Oregon. We don't know what constituted "lingering hugging/holding". But it is Oregon for pity's sake - the west coast, home of liberals, tree huggers, and opponents of the thought police. Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I'm guessing the contact was pretty intimate for the school to get upset. Of course the 14 year old girl is going to cry "innocent", HELLO - that's what 14 year olds do. And sorry folks - she'd been warned before, she knew the consequences. Shame on her mother for not backing up the school!

Only reading the first postage page, I have to say that hugging should be allowed. Whether lingering or not, it doesn't matter because it is a personal and moral preference for what you value as a goodbye hug, lingering hug or sexual hug. Personal opinions can't dictate rules.

Back
Top Bottom