• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This weapon is a mass murder's wet dream!!! (1 Viewer)

Guns are regulated.
Maybe you don't know the meaning of the word, regulate?

"Gun control is the set of laws or policies that regulate the manufacture, sale, transfer, possession, modification, or use of firearms by civilians."

Gun control - Wikipedia

He apparently is unaware of over 2000 federal state and local laws regulating firearms.

You claimed that guns are not regulated. You were proven wrong.
Probably not a good idea to call out another's dishonesty...

His first inclination was to support a ban on something he didn't understand. then he sort of crawfished back from that and started the usual blather that confuses REGULATION with MORE regulation (and harassment of gun owners)

You claimed that guns are not regulated. You were proven wrong.
Probably not a good idea to call out another's dishonesty...

This section of the forum is like an echo chamber. No guns are not highly regulated. That's just false.

You posting a Wikipedia link to gun control proves what exactly?

Let's try having a grown-up discussion about the subject matter. Not some one-sided discussion where you pass off flimsy dishonest arguments off as facts.

This section of the forum is like an echo chamber. No guns are not highly regulated. That's just false.

Let's try having a grown-up discussion about the subject matter. Not some one-sided discussion where you pass off flimsy dishonest arguments off as facts.

more idiocy

to buy a gun at retail, you have to be a certain age and undergo a background check. that dealer has to keep a record of the guns he buys and sells, you have to provide ID as well. you cannot buy guns in most of the states of the USA and you cannot buy a gun from a private party in any state but your own. You have to declare your ownership of a gun if you check it in your baggage on an airline. You cannot carry a gun on you in an airport, a court, a school, and many other areas.

so tell me Bucky how you can honestly make the claims you do

Meh...why mess with this underpowered little toy? If you are serious...go for the M134 Minigun.

Meh...why mess with this underpowered little toy? If you are serious...go for the M134 Minigun.

you don't need a class III tax stamp or a title II manufacturer's license

OK...there is that...

Decent video on it...

yeah that's going to be really easy for an active shooter to get into position with

Tippmann Armory 9mm Gatling GunThe Firearm Blog
I can see it as it happens. A van pulls up and parks on a busy street somewhere in a city. The back doors to the van are swung open by the driver and inside is the shooter with the gatling gun and starts to mow down people at a new and alarming rate. After going through a couple of mags the doors are shut and the van races off looking for more targets and another street. Definitely a mass murder's wet dream of a weapon. And the NRA will be telling us that it is the right of people to won their own gatling gun as they need it to protect their houses.

Yes....absolutely mind bending terrifying....you know, you should probably go build an underground bunker and move inside.

Probably shouldn't come out.

For safety of course.

I expect these will be the new hot ticket item for Christmas.....better get that bunker built.

Better make those walls thick....these things are out there as well...

Black Powder Pirate Cannons n' Swivel Gun

– Pirate Fashions

Last edited:
I can see it as it happens. A van pulls up and parks on a busy street somewhere in a city. The back doors to the van are swung open by the driver and inside is the shooter with the gatling gun and starts to mow down people at a new and alarming rate. After going through a couple of mags the doors are shut and the van races off looking for more targets and another street. Definitely a mass murder's wet dream of a weapon. And the NRA will be telling us that it is the right of people to won their own gatling gun as they need it to protect their houses.

Motorize it, extend the feed, and you have a nifty little wheeled gun for ATV's. Great for those gaps in US-Mexican border security.

Or how about mounting it on an ultra-light or gyrocopter... handy for those wide open spaces in the southwest.

Who the heck cares? All guns need to be regulated. If you drive, you are legally required to have insurance. You are legally required to have a license. You cannot drive while drinking or while on drugs. You are legally required to have your tabs updated, etc... etc...

You do not need to know the inner workings of a car or the difference between 4 wheel vs an all-wheel to know certain people shouldn't be on the road.

I am not required to be licensed to drive on my own property. Nor have tabs updated. Nor have insurance.

The street price on the new Tippmann Armory 9mm Gatling Gun hasn’t been officially set as of yet, but expect it to be around $3500 to $4000

Tippman's website has the MSRP at 5 grand.

AH, but the other ones are not small and easy to use as this gun is. And we did not have the kind or number of mass shooters as we do today. They seem to be competing to kill the most people. And with this weapon, they can end up the champ.

This thing is useless in a mass shooter scenario. I doubt you have much to worry about...lol

MINI 14.

Functions exactly the same as a AR-15, but looks harmless with the wooden stock.

The gun-grabbers are completely ignorant of this. (let's keep that under our hats)

Still legal in California.

For now.

:usflag2:

Your scenario doesn't seem likely. That sounds more like a hit then a mass shooting. If you park a van and open the door and shoot from inside the van you have a very narrow azimuth you can shoot at people with just scatter to the side. And you can flank a van. it would probably more likely that they would carry a 9 millimeter pistol they're cheap they're easy to acquire you can hold it in one hand you can change what you're pointing it at really easily.

And then most of these people either commit suicide or surrender. So the shutting of the door and running off seems more like someone is trying to get away with something.

It doesn't fit the archetype of a mass shooter.

I think this sort of thing was developed for people to play with

Yeah, let's have a grown-up discussion.
You were wrong to say guns are not regulated.

Your turn...

Not likely the NRA would do that; loony lefty mantras not withstanding. Probably more likely Antifa would adopt it - easier than swinging clubs at old people and journalists.

Sure they would; they're doing it now.

Yeah, let's have a grown-up discussion.
You were wrong to say guns are not regulated.

Your turn...

They are not. They are as regulated like prescription drug prices.

This thing is useless in a mass shooter scenario. I doubt you have much to worry about...lol

Did you actually read my OP. It can be done and at some point probably will be done.

Your scenario doesn't seem likely. That sounds more like a hit then a mass shooting. If you park a van and open the door and shoot from inside the van you have a very narrow azimuth you can shoot at people with just scatter to the side. And you can flank a van. it would probably more likely that they would carry a 9 millimeter pistol they're cheap they're easy to acquire you can hold it in one hand you can change what you're pointing it at really easily.

And then most of these people either commit suicide or surrender. So the shutting of the door and running off seems more like someone is trying to get away with something.

It doesn't fit the archetype of a mass shooter.

I think this sort of thing was developed for people to play with

First, you can wheel the gun right up to the edge of the back of the van, making both sides of the street open to your gun fire. Remember you are doing as the shooter did in Dayton, during a time when there are a lot of people n the street. With this weapon you can lay down gun fire for a minute or two and then be off. It would not give people time to react as with this weapon no one could raise their head without being shot. I could give you the rest of scenario, but I do not want to give shooters a plan to go by.

The street price on the new Tippmann Armory 9mm Gatling Gun hasn’t been officially set as of yet, but expect it to be around $3500 to $4000

Ouch! For that price you can buy a brand-new M249. Granted, it is almost half the caliber, but it is at least man-portable.

Pfffftttt.... Gattling guns are soooo 19th century. If you want a more modern firearm capable of throwing lots of lead, then Metal Storm is the answer. It is capable of firing one million rounds per minute, and is smaller than your typical Gattling gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom