• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

This meme hits right

A post office is a Constitutional duty of Congress.

:shrug:

Maybe we should re-do the Constitution to be more to your liking.

We can revamp the post office and still deliver letters to aunt Agnes in the hills of Virginia.

That must have been very confusing for the sisters and embarrassing for their mother. "Hey Agnes!" *Agnes runs into the room.* "Not you, your sister!"

You aren't familiar with the inbreeding in West VA, I gather.

no he is not discouraging voting. Democrats are trying to vote by mail. Never been done before so why now?

But yes question is answered. You have no logical or economic reasoning to your answer. We voted him in to stop unnecessary spending by govt. And if not subsidizing the USPS forever is one way to save money then yes, I am all for it. Especially if it stops mail in voting. Give me some tangible argument. You have none. The whole basis of your platform. Just hate trump. Done with this one.

Except hes not bitching about absentee voters, now is he? Thats how you know its bull****.

no he is not discouraging voting. Democrats are trying to vote by mail. Never been done before so why now?

But yes question is answered. You have no logical or economic reasoning to your answer. We voted him in to stop unnecessary spending by govt. And if not subsidizing the USPS forever is one way to save money then yes, I am all for it. Especially if it stops mail in voting. Give me some tangible argument. You have none. The whole basis of your platform. Just hate trump. Done with this one.

Already covered. But since you appear to have missed it the first time...THE PANDEMIC!

We can revamp the post office and still deliver letters to aunt Agnes in the hills of Virginia.

Yes, we can.

And we can do it without delaying delivery of medications, or votes.

Just like how Blockbuster was revamped per your argument?

I would actually eliminate the Post Office if I could but it is illegal. We have a new world now where private industry is much more efficient. I would have them bid on delivering letters to aunt Agnes and gramma Myrtle and let the Postal works go, um, errrrr postal.

I would actually eliminate the Post Office if I could but it is illegal. We have a new world now where private industry is much more efficient. I would have them bid on delivering letters to aunt Agnes and gramma Myrtle and let the Postal works go, um, errrrr postal.

Then prepare for longer lead times or higher prices or both.

As has been stated several times in this thread alone, USPS indebtedness has little to do with their actual costs and the prices they charge.

The USPS wanted to go to 3 day delivery back in 2013 so they could stay financially independent and not need taxpayers money due to email dominance. Obama wouldn't let them. Instead he made them take federal assistance. Now they are still broke and it is all trump's fault. Like the govt ever gives you enough money, just themselves.

It's not a private corporation. The USPS is a government-funded service: how can it be 'financially independent' without compromising on the job?

Then prepare for longer lead times or higher prices or both.

As has been stated several times in this thread alone, USPS indebtedness has little to do with their actual costs and the prices they charge.

In keeping with the Goebbellian news lies I had to go to page two of Google search to find a story that had the truth about the Postal service. Hardly anyone will think a link is important or truthful if it isn't on the first page of Google. It is scary the way Google now has the far left wingers at businessinsider, the NY Times and WaPo on page 1 and they do this not just with a story like this, but with all news, which is that their algorithms steer people to LIBERAL rags when they enter a search term.

There's more than one reason the Postal Service is losing money | TheHill

Almost all of you are using Goebbellian lies that the post office is funded by what they charge for postage. IF that was true, why do they need a bailout. The page 1 articles would make one think it is due to COVID which is a lie. They have been losing money for quite some time.

By law, the vast majority of all USPS positions are held by unionized federal employees who have robust job protections. USPS has 500,000 employees and 600,000 retirees who receive health and pension benefits. Thus, the agency’s compensation costs rose $2 billion since 2015. Mail volume is sliding. Less mail means less money. Packages remain a paltry portion (four percent) of what the postman carries. And it is not at all clear if the USPS reaps profits on carrying parcels. Boxes brought in a whopping 28 percent of USPS revenue last year, but the agency’s accounting for the costs related to carrying packages (which obviously are bulkier than letters and magazines) cannot be found in either its annual report or year-end financial statement. That I can purchase a polyester trombone case online for $20 — and USPS will carry it all the way from California to Washington, DC, for a portion of that purchase price — gives wonder. Good luck finding a private courier who would charge so little.

The Postal Service’s business model is broken. The demand for its services has plummeted, and private couriers and 21st century delivery modes (drones and delivery robots, for instance) pose tough competition. USPS likely will continue to lose money despite the efforts of its employees and leadership.

Making the Postal Service viable for the 21st century will require a top-to-bottom rethink. Parcels priced at profitable rates may be a part of that new model, but more widespread, robust change is needed, lest taxpayers wish to find themselves bailing out the Postal Service.

The article is everything I have been telling you lefties. WHEN will you listen?

In keeping with the Goebbellian news lies I had to go to page two of Google search to find a story that had the truth about the Postal service. Hardly anyone will think a link is important or truthful if it isn't on the first page of Google. It is scary the way Google now has the far left wingers at businessinsider, the NY Times and WaPo on page 1 and they do this not just with a story like this, but with all news, which is that their algorithms steer people to LIBERAL rags when they enter a search term.

There's more than one reason the Postal Service is losing money | TheHill

Almost all of you are using Goebbellian lies that the post office is funded by what they charge for postage. IF that was true, why do they need a bailout. The page 1 articles would make one think it is due to COVID which is a lie. They have been losing money for quite some time.

The article is everything I have been telling you lefties. WHEN will you listen?

Actually virtually everything in the piece you linked has been acknowledged in this and the other USPS threads. There is one exception however. The piece you kinked fails to discuss or even mention how USPS is forced to fund its pension which is THE BIGGEST financial drag on the organization.

Actually virtually everything in the piece you linked has been acknowledged in this and the other USPS threads. There is one exception however. The piece you kinked fails to discuss or even mention how USPS is forced to fund its pension which is THE BIGGEST financial drag on the organization.

Even without the pension requirements, they are losing money.

This pension bit is also going to bankrupt many states. California is one of them. We taxpayers cannot afford it and these states will have to raise taxes to unheard of levels to keep up with them. People are retiring at 55 at full salaries and health insurance and are living to 90.

Pretty much.

FB-IMG-1597695390614.jpg

Undocreumated immigrants aren't eligible for stimulus checks, even if they are essential workers.

She's an undocumented immigrant, a taxpayer, and an essential worker. But she won't get a stimulus check.

About 8% of Texas workers are undocumented, and because they're not eligible for stimulus payments, many are facing tough choices during the pandemic.
Stimulus checks aren't coming for undocumented immigrants working in Texas | The Texas Tribune

Their US citizen spouses don't get them either.

Except hes not bitching about absentee voters, now is he? Thats how you know its bull****.

why would he? They aren't draining the taxpayers funds

Your ignorance is outstanding.......

If you think illegal alien deserves one penny of my tax money that I traded my time to provide my legal government with funds then i suggest you either sell one of the $100k cars you drive around in and give the money to them. Your family is far wealthier than us and you could easily afford it. If you think these commies are gonna let you continue to be wealthy then you dont get it bro. People with your kind of money are their enemy and siding up with them wont score favors. Lmao if I pay for stuff for you guys can I join your club? Lmao

If you think illegal alien deserves one penny of my tax money that I traded my time to provide my legal government with funds then i suggest you either sell one of the $100k cars you drive around in and give the money to them. Your family is far wealthier than us and you could easily afford it. If you think these commies are gonna let you continue to be wealthy then you dont get it bro. People with your kind of money are their enemy and siding up with them wont score favors. Lmao if I pay for stuff for you guys can I join your club? Lmao

Sorry that you made bad life choices and can't afford a nice car.

You guys have not given one reason mail in voting is secure and a reasonable alternative to voting in person. If anyone wants to vote by mail they should have to use the absentee voting system that is in place. There is no reason that antifa can't riot on election day and pick up the mailboxes and mail in votes that they want.

You guys have not given one reason mail in voting is secure and a reasonable alternative to voting in person. If anyone wants to vote by mail they should have to use the absentee voting system that is in place. There is no reason that antifa can't riot on election day and pick up the mailboxes and mail in votes that they want.

And you haven't given one that it isn't. The ballots go to registered voters.

The simple response to this goes back to my last post. If it can be assumed that people are okay with absentee voting by mail, then those same people can just stuff if when they start bitching about mail in in general, since its the EXACT SAME PROCESS.

Our President has said he has faith in the absentee system....and then complains about regular mail in. That amounts to speaking with a forked tongue, since the absentee system uses the EXACT SAME deliver system he decries for mail in.

Can you say duplicitous?

The simple response to this goes back to my last post. If it can be assumed that people are okay with absentee voting by mail, then those same people can just stuff if when they start bitching about mail in in general, since its the EXACT SAME PROCESS.

Our President has said he has faith in the absentee system....and then complains about regular mail in. That amounts to speaking with a forked tongue, since the absentee system uses the EXACT SAME deliver system he decries for mail in.

Can you say duplicitous?

No I can not. What the problem is here is the amount. So let us say that if we didn't lock down country for covid that hospitals would have been over populated with patients. That was what was believed to be true. So we lock down and try and control the flow of population into hospitals by smaller number of infections. If we had just continued and stayed open as a country then the assessment was that hospitals would be unable to care for all patients due to the sole amount of infected people. Same with the USPS. But also like you said the absentee voting system you have to have a reason to be voting by mail. If you can protest in person you can vote on person. The virus and the numbers game attached to this virus is the only reason they are doing this. Pick the weakest kid in the bunch (USPS) and make him go get the ice cream. But he will drop some because he has to carry too much and he is the weakest .

And you haven't given one that it isn't. The ballots go to registered voters.
I did give you a reason. Read earlier when I gave you a reference to checks being stolen and washed. Read first.

No I can not. What the problem is here is the amount. So let us say that if we didn't lock down country for covid that hospitals would have been over populated with patients. That was what was believed to be true. So we lock down and try and control the flow of population into hospitals by smaller number of infections. If we had just continued and stayed open as a country then the assessment was that hospitals would be unable to care for all patients due to the sole amount of infected people. Same with the USPS. But also like you said the absentee voting system you have to have a reason to be voting by mail. If you can protest in person you can vote on person. The virus and the numbers game attached to this virus is the only reason they are doing this. Pick the weakest kid in the bunch (USPS) and make him go get the ice cream. But he will drop some because he has to carry too much and he is the weakest .

You dont need any reason to vote absentee in 34 states in this country...you simply have to request an absentee ballot. In the rest, if you can prove you reasonably believe you might not be present to vote in person, then you can have an absentee ballot as well.

So for all intents and purposes, you can vote absentee in this country for almost no reason whatsoever.

As for the added load....the problem isnt gonna be with carriers, its gonna be with end locations being able to keep up with the incoming ballots....but that still isnt a reason to not allow people to safely exercise thier right to vote.

Back
Top Bottom