• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

this just in from moronville

Your ignorance on economics would be funny as hell if it weren't so pathetically sad.

Great reply.

Tell me. If they can just arbitrarily raise price (and get it), why don't they ?

let's hear it Mr. Marine.

Great reply.

Tell me. If they can just arbitrarily raise price (and get it), why don't they ?

let's hear it Mr. Marine.
They did. That's the point. Their record breaking profits show it because they are due to increased margins, which means their production prices didn't go up, they just decided to raise prices. Along with the fact that gas prices were lower under GW Bush when crude prices were even higher than now.

Pretty simple to understand there Mr. Non-Marine.

They did. That's the point. Their record breaking profits show it because they are due to increased margins, which means their production prices didn't go up, they just decided to raise prices. Along with the fact that gas prices were lower under GW Bush when crude prices were even higher than now.

Pretty simple to understand there Mr. Non-Marine.

No they didn't.

You have no clue. Gasoline is inelastic on the short term. Go look it up.

If they can only get so much oil to refine, then they can only produce so many goods.

They raise prices till the market clears.

If they could have done it when oil was more plentious, they would have.

But they can't when there is more volume available.

Tell me. What happens when you have demand and no supply. Jimmy Carter created that little fiasco back in the 70's with the oil embargo.

The kind of people who believe that AOC and Joy Reid are stupid also believe that Candace Owens and Ben Shapiro are America's great thinkers.
While I do believe that AOC and Joy Reid are stupid, I also do not believe that Candace Owens and Ben Shapiro are America's great thinkers. This is an example of Cardinal's favorite trick: putting words in others' mouths.

....aka the liberal media.
Joy-Ann (Pro-Democracy) Reid
@JoyAnnReid

Unreal…so in America in the year of our Lord 2022, you can plot to kidnap a Democratic woman governor to stage a show trial and hurt her or worse, because you don’t like COVID restrictions and walk, as long as you’re a white, right wing extremist. Holy jury nullification, Batman

White+right wing=guilty, right, Joy you bigot.SMH

Chris Cillizza
@ChrisCillizza

History was made on Thursday in the United States Senate. And neither Lindsey Graham nor Rand Paul could be bothered to be on the floor for it.

Dems hung around when Gorsuch, BArrett, and Kavanaugh were confirmed, right Chris? SMH
What I think they fail to realize is that people see them for the hypocrites that they are. They think they can still make up the standards to whatever best fits their narrative and then do a 180° whenever they want without anyone knowing. People are waking up and noticing the game being played.

No they didn't.
Yes they did.
You have no clue. Gasoline is inelastic on the short term. Go look it up.
Oh great. Another con who won't back up what they say and demands everyone to do his homework for him.
If they can only get so much oil to refine, then they can only produce so many goods.
.jpg
Imagine that. Production climbing out of that republican economic fiasco and nearing record productions again. Guess you'll have to try another lie.
They raise prices till the market clears.
They raise prices because they can.
If they could have done it when oil was more plentious, they would have.
:ROFLMAO:
But they can't when there is more volume available.
:LOL:
Tell me. What happens when you have demand and no supply. Jimmy Carter created that little fiasco back in the 70's with the oil embargo.
The supply is there. Like I said, your ignorance is astounding.

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 4
Yes they did.

Oh great. Another con who won't back up what they say and demands everyone to do his homework for him.

View attachment 67384925
Imagine that. Production climbing out of that republican economic fiasco and nearing record productions again. Guess you'll have to try another lie.

They raise prices because they can.

:ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

The supply is there. Like I said, your ignorance is astounding.

Oil is a global commodity. I am not sure how to make up for your lack of relevant knowledge.

The U.S. could be and is exporting lots of oil while we are experiencing shortages at home. Why ? Because others will pay more and they have contracts to fullfill.

Somewhere along the way....oil...global oil...that was available.....wasn't anymore.

What was that ? Oh gee ?

Russia Invades Ukraine​

Russia and Ukraine have been at odds since before 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea. In 2021, following an unsuccessful ceasefire, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy sought to bring Ukraine into NATO, which angered Russian President Putin. Then in January 2022, in response, Russia sent troops to the Ukrainian border, which prompted international governments to speak out on the matter. Although oil and gasoline prices rose during 2021, YTD as of March 4, 2022, oil has risen 58% and retail gas has risen 24%. Why? Because Russia has been consistently in the top three in global oil production it was feared that the supply might be disrupted. Therefore, demand increased as the pandemic faded, while at the same time Russia invaded Ukraine.

Yes....prices did increase in 2021 as mentioned in the article.....why ? The lack of demand from Covid was going away.

This is from the article too.....boy are you getting some good information you obviously lacked:

Gasoline prices rise and fall with the price of crude oil, though not always in sync or to the same degree. Oil is a global commodity and as such, its price is determined primarily by global supply and demand. When supply is greater than demand, prices fall. Conversely, when demand is greater than supply, prices rise. The following chart is from an article I published in 2015. It illustrates how supply and demand were catalysts for oil price movements. If you take a minute to study the chart, you will see how crude oil prices followed the supply-demand trend quite well.

Still looking up what inelastic means ?

If I look at the OP title, you must live right on main street.

Oil is a global commodity. I am not sure how to make up for your lack of relevant knowledge.

The U.S. could be and is exporting lots of oil while we are experiencing shortages at home. Why ? Because others will pay more and they have contracts to fullfill.

Somewhere along the way....oil...global oil...that was available.....wasn't anymore.

What was that ? Oh gee ?

Russia Invades Ukraine​

Russia and Ukraine have been at odds since before 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea. In 2021, following an unsuccessful ceasefire, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy sought to bring Ukraine into NATO, which angered Russian President Putin. Then in January 2022, in response, Russia sent troops to the Ukrainian border, which prompted international governments to speak out on the matter. Although oil and gasoline prices rose during 2021, YTD as of March 4, 2022, oil has risen 58% and retail gas has risen 24%. Why? Because Russia has been consistently in the top three in global oil production it was feared that the supply might be disrupted. Therefore, demand increased as the pandemic faded, while at the same time Russia invaded Ukraine.

Yes....prices did increase in 2021 as mentioned in the article.....why ? The lack of demand from Covid was going away.

This is from the article too.....boy are you getting some good information you obviously lacked:

Gasoline prices rise and fall with the price of crude oil, though not always in sync or to the same degree. Oil is a global commodity and as such, its price is determined primarily by global supply and demand. When supply is greater than demand, prices fall. Conversely, when demand is greater than supply, prices rise. The following chart is from an article I published in 2015. It illustrates how supply and demand were catalysts for oil price movements. If you take a minute to study the chart, you will see how crude oil prices followed the supply-demand trend quite well.

None of that explains the expanded oil company profit margins. Good luck with learning how economies actually work.

None of that explains the expanded oil company profit margins. Good luck with learning how economies actually work.

I get that the concept of a global commodity is tough for some.

I am sure if you keep trying you'll understand it someday.

Anyone who thinks that any company can randomly raise prices and get more profit with no changes to the supply or demand curve.....is basically saying that they think the product was underpriced to begin with.

Now, while I realize that you don't know squat, you could try explaining if that is really what you think is going on here.

Seems strange that those who make and sell gas can increase prices (and margin) and people are willing to pay for it. Hmmmm why is that ?

Are we stacking up stores of gasoline right and diesel because they are making it and people are not buying it ?

Wow. You've ever heard of price fixing. How naive.
I can't believe Biden and the Democrats are letting them get away with this. Price fixing is illegal. The Execs from the oil companies should be prrosecuted. Then the Gov't should take the excess profits ( excess determined by a panel including Sanders, Warrren and Ocasio-Corrtez) and give it back to the people, who the greedy oil companies stole it from in the first place!

Anyone who thinks that any company can randomly raise prices and get more profit with no changes to the supply or demand curve.....is basically saying that they think the product was underpriced to begin with.
Wrong again.
Now, while I realize that you don't know squat, you could try explaining if that is really what you think is going on here.
Increased margins disprove the "invisible hand" of the market that you are trying to go with here.
Seems strange that those who make and sell gas can increase prices (and margin) and people are willing to pay for it. Hmmmm why is that ?
Because it is the kind of demand that people have very little choice in. "I'll just stop working so my gas demand goes down". Pretty stupid not to know such basics.
Are we stacking up stores of gasoline right and diesel because they are making it and people are not buying it ?
Record profits built on record margins. Can't wait for your next ignore facts and repeat ignorance approach. See you soon.

I can't believe Biden and the Democrats are letting them get away with this. Price fixing is illegal. The Execs from the oil companies should be prrosecuted. Then the Gov't should take the excess profits ( excess determined by a panel including Sanders, Warrren and Ocasio-Corrtez) and give it back to the people, who the greedy oil companies stole it from in the first place!
Sanders has proposed a windfall profits tax. It's not like every single republican won't filibuster it.

Sanders has proposed a windfall profits tax. It's not like every single republican won't filibuster it.
Great idea! We need people like him to decide how much companies can make!

Great idea! We need people like him to decide how much companies can make!
We need to remove conservatives from positions of power who back and embolden corporations ripping people off and then give that politician a cut of the pie afterwards in campaign donations.

What was that ? Oh gee ?

Russia Invades Ukraine​

this is a great synopsis of the ins and outs oil as a global commodity.

We need to remove conservatives from positions of power who back and embolden corporations ripping people off and then give that politician a cut of the pie afterwards in campaign donations.
they aren;t ripping people off, they are selling to the highest bidder in a global market where part of the supply chain has been broken..

@JoyAnnReid

Unreal…so in America in the year of our Lord 2022, you can plot to kidnap a Democratic woman governor to stage a show trial and hurt her or worse, because you don’t like COVID restrictions and walk, as long as you’re a white, right wing extremist. Holy jury nullification, Batman

Chris Cillizza
@ChrisCillizza

History was made on Thursday in the United States Senate. And neither Lindsey Graham nor Rand Paul could be bothered to be on the floor for it.

Dems hung around when Gorsuch, BArrett, and Kavanaugh were confirmed, right Chris? SMH
once again KLATTU prefacing his posts with a proper title

Joy Reid is an educated woman who is totally stupid. She either lies or doesn't bother to research her material. The court found those on trial not guilty or couldn't come to a verdict because of the case against these men. From what we know the FBI didn't investigate they entrapped these men. It's apparent the FBI, it's agents and informants, were the people doing the organizing, planing, coordinating and procuring of the explosives. This smells like the Trump Russia Collusion hoax. If there is a crime then investigation will reveal it. When the FBI gets involved in creating the evidence there is a problem.. Joy Ried is one of those who ran with the story, was proven to be in error and doesn't have the courage or the integrity to admit when she is wrong. Of course there isn't enough time in the day for Joy to apologize for all the errors she reports as fact.
Once again the left media jumped on this story as fact and condemned it as such without any real background check on the so called evidence. When the left decides to report news and not create it, we will all be better off.

Yes, you are correct.....this has occurred how many times the last five years? Yet, they don't care when later the actual truth comes out, because their false narrative has already accomplished its' purpose.

@JoyAnnReid

Chris Cillizza
@ChrisCillizza

nothing unusual for the liars media.

Back
Top Bottom