• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

this just in from moronville

Or as he would put it, companies we should all feel sorry for because of "elasticity".

Now you are just flat out lying.

First, you can't show how this is a shakedown.

All you can do is:

[Grunt....and scratch]

Say "un uh"

Say "You're wrong".

You can't prove or demonstrate anything.

If you can show me how I am wrong about gasoline (the purest commodity in the world) elasticity, I'd be interested. So far you've stuck to your game plan of non-answers.

That's nice. How about an explanation as to where'd their profits went in 2016?

You can't do your own research.

Clearly your great grasp of economics would help you to know.

What happened ?

Oh yeah.....you don't know.

Answer: OPEC

Seems the undercutters in a trade war in Europe and other places flooded the market causing prices to crash.

Oh, and since we are testing your theory that marketing companies can just set the price at whatever they want.....

Wow....look at that.

U.S. gasoline prices in 2016 were the lowest since 2004

The price in Houston bottoms out at $1.45/gallon.

But....I thought they could just screw whoever they wanted ???? What happened ?

It's a boom bust industry for field workers. Always has been. And I know far more about the industry than you'd expect. Although I don't care to go on display for you with my personal life.

I work in the industry.

I don't believe you do.

Oh, and since we are testing your theory that marketing companies can just set the price at whatever they want.....
Wow....look at that.
U.S. gasoline prices in 2016 were the lowest since 2004
The price in Houston bottoms out at $1.45/gallon.
But....I thought they could just screw whoever they wanted ???? What happened ?
hiker, you do know that Obama was the POTUS when this was published...
-peace

So if you take 2021 and 2022, Exxon basically breaks even.

You can't even spin this worth crap.

Of course you pull the outlier in there and front page it while ignoring the rest that debunk all your bullshit.

The industry (as shown in the article you didn't touch took a massive hit in 2016.

Keep yammering.

We get you hate profits.
Every 10 years or so they take a micro hit compared to the rest of that decade where they loot the masses who have to use their products. But but but elasticity!!1!1!11111

The kind of people who believe that AOC and Joy Reid are stupid also believe that Candace Owens and Ben Shapiro are America's great thinkers.
or that TFG is honest.

Of course you pull the outlier in there and front page it while ignoring the rest that debunk all your bullshit.

Every 10 years or so they take a micro hit compared to the rest of that decade where they loot the masses who have to use their products. But but but elasticity!!1!1!11111

Your selective responses show who is ignoring what.

Post 78 pretty much proves your claim about looting is total garbage.

Or maybe you could show us how it isn't by doing more than the usual scratch and grunt for a response.

I've showed you several things across several years.

BTW: When does profit-making become looting. Let's hear your definition or see your scale.

The kind of people who believe that AOC and Joy Reid are stupid also believe that Candace Owens and Ben Shapiro are America's great thinkers.
You are confusing educated with stupid, not the same things.

Back
Top Bottom